Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-13-2012, 08:06 PM   #21
Sandmanswife9
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrampaG
Thanks to everyone for taking the time to answer my post. I'm amazed at the speed, amount and quality of the replies in less than 3 days. Disney fans are truly what makes WDW 'The Most Magical Place On Earth'.

I've taken each of your tips and have begun putting them into action. For example:

I purchased a white, mesh-top cap along with several light-colored shirts.

I picked up a Frogg Togg towel and cut it into handkerchief-sized pieces: one will go around my neck under my shirt collar, and the other I'll fold and put inside the top of the cap to keep my dome cool.

I bought a Brita water bottle with the charcoal filter. (I've heard that Florida water has a unique 'flavor'). I checked the park maps and know where all the drinking fountains are located so I can keep the bottle full and ready. Although not all of the water fountains provide refrigerated water, the idea of asking for a cup of ice will take care of that. I'm sure none of the vendors will deny this old Grampa some ice in order to "take my medications".

Upon entering each Park, we'll scope out the location of the Medical Units 'just in case'.

Renting an ECV is an interesting idea. Although I'm still able to motivate quite well on my own, the 'scooter' sounds intriguing. But I'm afraid we'll all end up fighting over who's 'turn' it is to ride it...!!
;-)

Taking a mid-day break may end up being a daily rule for me. I could always leave the 'kids' to keep playing while I take the bus back to our Resort (on property) for a dip in the pool and a quick nap.

I've got a full head of hair which is a mixed blessing. I'm glad I still have my silver mane and I'm not complaining, but at times it's like wearing a wool cap..!! So, the week before the trip, I'll be getting it cut very short.

Thank you again for your expertise and I'll be sure to leave a note here when I get back to let you know how I fared. I can honestly say that after reading your posts, I'm anxious to get going, but no longer anxious about being there. (I think you know what I mean).

Thanks...!!!!

GrampaG
<>
I rent an ECV due to back surgery and a damaged sciatic nerve that makes my leg go numb at times. I also have high BP and other issues. The tips that were given area ll great advice. The most important one that I can give is rent the ECV. There are times when I can walk and want to walk, so I let others drive it. When I start to hurt or leg begins to feel funny, I get back on and ride. You will have an enjoyable trip, I am sure.
Sandmanswife9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: