Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 05:29 PM   #826
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle4311 View Post
Hubs and I plan on using our snack credits to have a simple breakfast in the morning. (Since we have coffee in our room, we don't need a beverage.) Does anyone know what counts as a snack at the POFQ food court area? The DP pamphlet says that cereal/milk counts as a QS so that's out of the question...

Last year this wasn't an issue, since we drove, we brought granola bars and juice boxes, but we're flying now, so I'm not sure what to do....

Any ideas would be welcome!
HERE IS A THREAD that a fellow DISser Dizneydaz made showing items confirmed as being purchased for snack credits. The first post is snack credits in the parks. If you scroll down to post #2, it has the resorts listed ... scroll down to POFQ on the list.

HTH

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:46 PM   #827
Kathy Z
Counting my Blessings

That snack link is great!

We always fly but I do pack some granola bars, raw almonds and dried apricots in our luggage. It does help that my DH has a Delta AMEX gold card so he and up to 8 persons traveling with him get a free check-on bag on each flight. On most trips we do not get the dining plan so we purchase fruit and regular yogurt in the gift shops or food courts and save our money to spend on lunches and dinners. Once or twice per week we will make a breakfast ADR and then just snack for lunch.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2012, 06:43 AM   #828
maganda
Mrs. Mike Wazowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Z
That snack link is great!

We always fly but I do pack some granola bars, raw almonds and dried apricots in our luggage. It does help that my DH has a Delta AMEX gold card so he and up to 8 persons traveling with him get a free check-on bag on each flight. On most trips we do not get the dining plan so we purchase fruit and regular yogurt in the gift shops or food courts and save our money to spend on lunches and dinners. Once or twice per week we will make a breakfast ADR and then just snack for lunch.
Your family flies and dines like mine.

Also, DL AMEX passengers can priority board, which is nice. I'm flying them in November to use my companion cert.
Star Wars Weekend
Dumbo Double Dare at Disneyland (19.3)
2014 adventures:
Marathon Weekend (26.2)
Rock Your Disney Side 24 hour day
Wine & Dine Half Marathon
Old 09-13-2012, 09:31 AM   #829
darrengs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle4311 View Post
I think I'll stick to beignets and bagels! LOL We're just trying to use our snack credits wisely, since we don't snack, but we do want breakfast in the morning. But, it appears as though it won't be super easy to do...(and I thought I was being so smart!)
If you want to pack a box of cereal a quart of 2% milk was $2.65 (tax included) in the store, and you can get bowls and spoons from the food court. Just an idea.

Old 09-13-2012, 04:38 PM   #830
hsmamato2
Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad temper
Little house on the prairie was the HEIGHT of t.v

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
No.

And for all of the other questions, you should find answers at http://portorleans.org/room-requests.php. Your fax can contain as much or as little info as you want, but just remember someone has to read it...

Andre
ok.....andre since I asked this question on the wrong thread,let me ask it on the correct thread now
If we request building 7 (or near) top floor,corner room (we have garden view booked) is that reasonable?
Old 09-13-2012, 05:32 PM   #831
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf4food View Post
We are booked at POFQ for Dec 9-15 in a river view room. Is there one specifically we should request to be away from the boat dock? We have a toddler (will be around 18 months by then) so he'll be in bed by around 8pm or so and I know the boats run later and don't want the horns to wake him up, etc.

Aside from the horns we could care less which building or room we are in - walking a little farther doesn't bother us a bit, especially in such a small resort.
A while back someone posted that they were in Building 1 and the noise was fairly noticeable. That would be due to the curve there as the boats approach, the horns are sounded more frequently in that area. We've been in both Buildings 5 and 6 and while we vaguely heard the horns, they weren't bothersome. I vote for Buildng 6 as your best choice.
Old 09-13-2012, 05:33 PM   #832
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsmamato2 View Post
If we request building 7 (or near) top floor,corner room (we have garden view booked) is that reasonable?
Absolutely fine. Try to explain a little bit why you're making requests though, to help out the allocators (for example they may assume you've asked for building 7 to get a quiet location, whereas actually it's your lucky number )

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 09-13-2012, 09:50 PM   #833
grandma3
Earning My Ears

luggage tags

I am confused over magic express yellow luggage tags. Am I to cut each yellow strip to make two tags? The directions say to separate at the center to creat two single luggage tags but they are not perforated.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:33 PM   #834
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandma3 View Post
I am confused over magic express yellow luggage tags. Am I to cut each yellow strip to make two tags? The directions say to separate at the center to creat two single luggage tags but they are not perforated.
No, don't cut the tags. When they used to send 2 tags per person (before most airlines started charging checked bag fees), each person's 2 tags were attached on the long side, so that you had to separate them along a perforated line in order to get 2 tags. Apparently they never got rid of the instructions on the back about separating the tags even though each person now only gets one tag.
Old 09-14-2012, 05:22 AM   #835
mmtwinmama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandma3 View Post
I did cut 1 because I needed the extra. All the luggage arrived so I guess it was okay to do that. They do get very short and it did make me worry, but I would only cut them if you need the extra bag(s).
Old 09-14-2012, 09:51 AM   #836
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmtwinmama View Post
I did cut 1 because I needed the extra. All the luggage arrived so I guess it was okay to do that. They do get very short and it did make me worry, but I would only cut them if you need the extra bag(s).
That's why you shouldn't cut them, they need to move freely on the bag handle. If you need more, just call DME, they'll send you more.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:45 AM   #837
mmtwinmama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren View Post
That's why you shouldn't cut them, they need to move freely on the bag handle. If you need more, just call DME, they'll send you more.
I thought I could get by without cutting them, but DH decided he wanted to take his golf clubs the night before we left so I had no choice, but to cut them.
Old 09-14-2012, 01:23 PM   #838
kitkatt
Earning My Ears

We are at POFQ and are checking out tomorrow. We still have about 1/2 case of water If anyone wants it send me a PM

K
Old 09-14-2012, 04:16 PM   #839
taylor3297
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmtwinmama View Post
I thought I could get by without cutting them, but DH decided he wanted to take his golf clubs the night before we left so I had no choice, but to cut them.
You could have gone to the ME counter given them the number off the tag the airline tag and they would pick up the clubs for you without the yellow tag.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:55 PM   #840
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

Well, we leave tomorrow for Orlando and arrive at POFQ on Monday!

Andre, I will get those pics of the lunch/dinner menus for you while I'm there - I haven't forgotten.

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: