Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2012, 09:57 AM   #1
peimommyof2
Earning My Ears

Child 9 years old turning 10 at Disney

Planning on taking a 9 year old who will turn 10 while at Disney. Do they change the price when the child turns 10 or just keep child rate for the duration of visit. Thanks
peimommyof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:58 AM   #2
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by peimommyof2 View Post
Planning on taking a 9 year old who will turn 10 while at Disney. Do they change the price when the child turns 10 or just keep child rate for the duration of visit. Thanks
The price stays the same. You will have a child ticket and continue to use it for the whole trip.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2012, 10:15 AM   #3
blueferral
Mouseketeer

Make sure they use the ticket before they turn 10. Prices for meals will go up to adult prices.

DIS DAD #695
blueferral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:20 AM   #4
peimommyof2
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueferral View Post
Make sure they use the ticket before they turn 10. Prices for meals will go up to adult prices.
If we go on a 2 week trip and she turns 10 after 1 week wouldn't' she still use the child pass until trip is over?
Old 09-13-2012, 10:22 AM   #5
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by peimommyof2 View Post
If we go on a 2 week trip and she turns 10 after 1 week wouldn't' she still use the child pass until trip is over?
The ticket is a nonissue. You will use the child ticket for the whole trip. Are you doing a dining plan or paying OOP? What are your travel dates?
Old 09-13-2012, 10:23 AM   #6
peimommyof2
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
The price stays the same. You will have a child ticket and continue to use it for the whole trip.
This is what I was hoping!!
Old 09-13-2012, 10:49 AM   #7
fairestoneofall
DIS Veteran

DD turned 10 on our last trip. she was the child price for the entire trip (it's Disney's policy). we were on the DDP. but even so, nobody ever questioned us about it.

she did get asked how old she was, but only in a "Happy birthday--how old are you now" way.

at counter service, nobody questions your age. my MIL has purchased a child's meal for herself when she wasn't that hungry. i have read here that TS restaurants will still allow 10/11-year-olds to order off the kids' menu. i know that my 10-year-old couldn't eat $20-30 worth of food! i'm not sure how a buffet would work if you aren't on DDP. with a buffet, you may have to pay adult prices if not on the DDP.

i don't know what your meal plans are. if you aren't on DDP and are planning a lot of TS meals, it may be worth it to go ahead and get the DDP just so she can be at the child prices for the entire trip. if you weren't planning a lot of TS meals, then you'll be fine with ordering kids' meals at CS locations.

*DL Dumbo Double Dare-August 2014*POR January 2014*POP-October 2013*CR-December 2011--DD's 10th birthday trip!*POP-June 2010*Ft. Wilderness Cabin-September 2009*CSR/GF-Thanksgiving 2008*Caribbean Beach-August 2007: 10th Anniversary Trip*Shades of Green-November 2006*Port Orleans/All Star Movies-February 2005*yearly growing up, but never on site (generally the Knights Inn)
fairestoneofall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:25 PM   #8
jennylyn_b
Disney Fan for Life :)

Disney's policy is whatever age they are on the first day of the trip is their age for the whole trip. So in your case 9 and still under the child prices for tickets and meals.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
jennylyn_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:39 PM   #9
smitch425
DIS Veteran

OP, the reason I was asking if you were on the dining plan and when you were going is because it may be beneifical to bump her age up prior to the trip. For instance, we have the free QSDP, and DD9 eats more than I do most of the time. For our 10 day trip, it cost us under $20 to buy her the adult ticket instead of the child ticket, and now she can order off the adult menu. The CM was happy to change her age in the system. Disney does this often to give kids more dining options. It is most beneficial when receiving free dining, but people do it when they pay for the dining plans, too. It is a good option for those with big eaters.
Old 09-13-2012, 04:29 PM   #10
WantToGoNow
DIS Veteran

She will be considered a child for the duration of your trip - both tickets and meals.
WantToGoNow is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: