Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 09:58 AM   #1951
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post
Did someone say GOOD Morning?

Woke up to this...

Apparently the ENTIRE NEIGHBORHOOD was slashed!!!!
Quote:
Here you can actually SEE the knife entry point...

That REALLY sucks...Bloody hell.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Only in the Greater Toronto Area; you know, the center of the universe.
Hey, that is Toronto, not the rest of us....

Quote:
Word is it was about 100 cars... that got slashed.

Apparently there is some video out there.
I'd rather see the video of the neighborhood lynch mob when they catch the SOBs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post

Yuck. Hope it goes well.

Meh, I should have known better. It was a wasted trip, I ended up getting InstaDoc, this one guy who makes a diagnosis within 15 seconds, and sticks with it. Basicly told us the opposite what the nurse from TeleHealth told us. :sad2 The better clinic we like isn;t open till tonight, I have to be at work, DW and Ameila have church band practice (Amelia is going into the startup band, going to learn some sort of instrument). We are going to do what we can and wait out the weekend, it's nothing too serious, just...messy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
We had a deep freeze that we kept out in a workshop that I have off the side of our garage. It isn't a room we go into everyday, so we apparently took a few days to discover that the freezer died. Considering the fact that there was about a foot of some kind of brownish liquid in the bottom and all kinds of spoiled food, I had to do something about it. When I opened the lid, the smell made me want to hurl. With that, I give you the redneck's guide to cleaning out a freezer.

I picked it up, hauled it to the woods and dumped the rotten stuff out. I left it back there for a few days to air out, but I brought it back up to the house last night so they can pick it up when they bring our new freezer. I wanted to see exactly how small I could crush this thing, but I figured I should leave it somewhat close to it's normal shape so that they actually will take it.

This time we're getting an upright that will go inside the house for closer observation.

I'm just glad it happened when it did. We have a 1/4 of beef to pick up at the meat locker this weekend.

Ugh...what a shame, but at least that beef isn't wasted. Not that it'd be wasted, just cooked all up nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
Wait a sec, wait a sec, wait a sec. Something's not right here. Those knife slits are clearly at the TOP of the tire, yet it's flat on the BOTTOM. Somethings fishy, but I can't quite put my finger on it.....
With Sherlock on the case here, it should be solved in NO TIME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Don't worry, if there isn't pics or video it didn't happen.

Polynesian April '03 (our belated official Honeymoon) POP Century January '06 (DD's first trip and DW's BDay) POP Century February '08 POP Century October 2010 (DD2's First trip and 10th Anniversary) POP Century August 2011 (Just Because)
POP Century August 2013 (see a trend happening?)

Old 09-13-2012, 10:06 AM   #1952
Goofy + 3
DDC 400
Remember, it's ok to cry a little. Not too much, just a little

I've been out of the DisDads loop for about 6 weeks. Time to spend the next couple hours reading the last 20-25 pages or so. If anything significant happened before that, you have my condolences, well-wishes, or congratulations (pick one).
DIS Dad #400

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2012, 10:07 AM   #1953
jmwest
DIS Dad #578
A little inspirational reading for anyone who gets discouraged. YOU CAN DO IT!

Just thought I'd stop in and tell you about the terrible day ahead of me. About to leave work in half hour or so to play in a golf outing. Free beer and golf, don't know what I'll do with that. Then afterwards the plan is to spend the evening with my buddies at BW3 watching the Bears game. It's going to be a rough one.

That sucks about your tires Brian. Hope they catch tthe culprit.
DDC Member #578

Me DW DD7 DD3 and DSnewborn
Old 09-13-2012, 10:16 AM   #1954
moose615
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trennr

We call it Nitrogen in Tennessee.
It also called Nitrogen in my area of Tennessee that doesn't start with The boonies of.....
Old 09-13-2012, 10:21 AM   #1955
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmwest View Post
Just thought I'd stop in and tell you about the terrible day ahead of me. About to leave work in half hour or so to play in a golf outing. Free beer and golf, don't know what I'll do with that. Then afterwards the plan is to spend the evening with my buddies at BW3 watching the Bears game. It's going to be a rough one.

Um... well, I gather the sarcasm in the first part of the post, but I'm thinking that part about the day sucking could potentially become a reality once you're settled in at BW3...

It's not like you're facing a rookie QB and a JV offensive line this week.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:26 AM   #1956
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad

What colour was the crayon you were using?
Pink and black markers. Washable markers come off the wall easier than washable crayons.
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report In Progress
Old 09-13-2012, 10:27 AM   #1957
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmwest

Don't strain yourself
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report In Progress
Old 09-13-2012, 10:36 AM   #1958
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
<--- not a thumb!
Old 09-13-2012, 10:37 AM   #1959
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
If I woke up to a Hyundai I would be pissed too.
Well played, Donald. Well played.

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
I agree wholeheartedly with your statement.. but there is one part I cannot agree with-

Also, it's really cool to know that I can go to Wisconsin or Indiana or Connecticut or West Virginia or whereever and know there's an awesome person to hang out with there.

It's the Wisconsin part I can not comprehend... you mean there are people you want to see in Wisconsin?
They bribed me with bacon cheese.

Quote:
Now, tell us more about DVC at the Poly. Are they thinking of converting a few of of the buildings? Adding a new tower? We need DETAILS! (please)
Inquiring minds want to know!

Quote:
Wait a sec, wait a sec, wait a sec. Something's not right here. Those knife slits are clearly at the TOP of the tire, yet it's flat on the BOTTOM. Somethings fishy, but I can't quite put my finger on it.....

Quote:
Don't worry Mark, your secret is safe with me.

Well said, though Mark. Well said.
Whew. Once people find out you're a superhero, it's a pain to have to change your cell number, find a new house, etc., etc.

And thanks.

Quote:
He's talking Bambi and the kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearScreen View Post
It's funny, my wife grew up with just her sister, no brothers. I had two older brothers, no sisters. We have a girl and a boy. Since we were never exposed to the brother/sister dynamic, it is hilarious to see with our kids. My daughter is cosntantly annoyed at the silliness of her little brother who thinks seeing someone get hit in the groin is the funniest thing on the planet.
You mean there are people who DON'T think that's funny?!
Old 09-13-2012, 10:37 AM   #1960
Goofy + 3
DDC 400

Just finished pages 105-110.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodBelding View Post
Morning guys. Football today.
Sadly I spent most of the day on airplanes heading to Vegas for work (again) and missed all of the early action. But it sure is nice to have football back.
Quote:
It's Sundae Sunday!!!

We've been hitting "Sweetfrog's" a lot lately. You make your own sundae, load up the toppings and pay based on weight. Interestingly, I saw a similar place in the MGM Grand on Sunday. The only difference was the name and the fact that scantily clad young ladies were trying to attract business- which oddly enough happens alot in Vegas.
Quote:
49rs Packers game is pretty good. Surprised the Pack are getting beat up like this though...

Akers FG to end the half was awesome. 63 yards, and not an inch to spare!
I did get to see some of this game. Very entertaining.
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballmickey View Post
ah, yes, the path to DVC!

Ours was ASMR, CBR, POR, buying SSR, and have since stayed at BWV, BLT, and BCV.
My path will go something like this: Learn about DVC from relatives, BWV, beg wife, offsite, plead with wife, OKW, long pause, rich relative dies, buy DVC.
Quote:
DA BEARS!

That is all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Lots of resale contracts there right now. I've been considering adding more points for 1BR stays, but cannot afford it.
Does that mean you normally stay in studios? We stayed in one a few years ago and thought it was pretty cramped and that was with only two of our kids. If I were to do this, I'd have my eye on 2BR stays and estimate my needs at at least 200 points annually. Hence the barrier to entry.
Quote:
Going to dentist for cleaning today.
Had a filling put in last week. Took a triple dose to numb me up. Later that afternoon I was doing that thing where you touch your face to see if you're still numb. Turns out an hour after the appointment, I couldn't feel my nose or my eyelid.
Quote:
Morning guys.

We bought in 2 years ago, and are happy with it. If you know you will go at least once every 2 years, and you can swing the big upfront payment, it can be a good deal. We basically looked at it as guaranteeing vacations for ourselves for next 50 years...
Exactly getting in the door is the hurdle. The annual costs don't worry me even though over the course of the contract, you'll pay way more for that then the initial lump sum.
DIS Dad #400

Old 09-13-2012, 10:38 AM   #1961
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy + 3 View Post
I've been out of the DisDads loop for about 6 weeks. Time to spend the next couple hours reading the last 20-25 pages or so. If anything significant happened before that, you have my condolences, well-wishes, or congratulations (pick one).
Sounds like you're all caught up to me! Don't waste time.

And welcome back, Chris.

Quote:
I just want to say good luck. We're all counting on you.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:24 AM   #1962
ClearScreen
DIS Dad #461
An E-Ticket Attraction in my own mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
You mean there are people who DON'T think that's funny?!
Bob Sagat made a career of showing videos of that.
ClearScreen (Chris) - DIS Dad Club Member #461 - Me(44), DW(45), DD(12), DS(9)

1976 - 2 trips stayed off-site. September, 2000 - Wilderness Lodge. August, 2010 - Contemporary. August, 2012 - Swan. August, 2014 - Coronado Springs

Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates? Morons.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:26 AM   #1963
Goofy + 3
DDC 400

Up to page 124!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck619 View Post
Greetings from the American Adventure!
Greetings from the Richmond Monotony!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Dad View Post
You guys definitely have me wishing we had the money to go for it.
+1 Part of my problem is that I refuse to finance. I either pay cash or don't do it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
Yesterday I did get to meet Jack Hannah again, and I did ask the question Why are there no platypus's in any zoo's in the U.S.

He liked the question and before answering it he added that only 2 zoo's in Australia have one

But the answer is that the Australian Government will not grant release to let any out of the country, they feel they are best protected in their natural environment

Although I would really like to see one, It was great to hear that they are doing well in the wild and are not endangered
You just made me smarter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballmickey View Post
11 years ago. Seems like yesterday in some respects, feels like another lifetime in others. Dressing my kids in red, white, and blue today and taking DD to school, I noticed a lot of other kids wearing the same. DD noticed and pointed it out, but never asked why.

Over the weekend, DW was watching something about 9/11 on the National Geographic channel. I usually avoid that stuff, but I got drawn into it. There were a lot of amazing stories of people who survived and how things occurred... but then they got to the part where the first tower fell, and I cried. I couldn't watch it anymore.

In about an hour I'll be heading into the city to work. I'll be sure to stop and thank some of the people that protect us on my way.
I would have poked my head in here on Tuesday to see what you were all talking about, but I was... on a plane. DW was a little nervous, but I obviously made it. My friends spent the day swapping stories and posting photos about our good friend Doug who died that day. We have a weird group of friends. We've all been together since high school, went off to separate colleges and came back to Richmond and stayed close the whole way. Doug did that too for a while and then moved to NYC but we still saw him often. Funniest guy I ever knew and that's not just the kind of hyperbole you save for after someone's gone.
Quote:
Wow, guys. It's amazing to hear the stories from those who were there. I don't blame you for not wanting to bring it up. They had a retrospective on the other night and starting playing voice mail messages from people in the towers, and I had to change the channel. Just too raw.
It would freak me out to hear those. The last thing my friend did was get under his desk, call his mom to say the building just shook and that he loved her. Then the line went dead.
DIS Dad #400

Old 09-13-2012, 11:32 AM   #1964
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearScreen View Post
Bob Sagat made a career of showing videos of that.

Now Bob Sagat, there is a guy that isn't funny.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Old 09-13-2012, 11:50 AM   #1965
Goofy + 3
DDC 400

Quote:
I'm just trying to move into CJ's house.
Get in line.
Quote:
I enjoyed reading through the discussion of online friendships. No surprise that this group would be in favor of them.

I tend to be cautious online, especially given the fact that I work in a public position. The fact that this group is as open as it is, and can talk about just about any subject without devolving into flame wars is a minor miracle, in my opinion. Maybe the love of Disney and family just seems to attract a certain kind of person.

There are different levels of friendship, of course, and at any point in time you probably only have 2 or 3 people in your life that you'd feel comfortable telling them anything. With the rest, you're more guarded because you don't know how they'll react if you reveal certain truths about yourself. But you tend to reveal more to people that you know will still accept you without judgment. This isn't to say you can't criticize someone or call out something you feel is wrong, but it's done in a constructive way and with their best interests at heart. That's where I feel like this group works really well.

So, I think the DIS Dads is a great case study for why online friendships can work very, very well. And that's why I've made the effort to try and seek out many of you when I'm on the road. Life is about relationships--nothing else really matters. And I'm interested in having relationships with fundamentally decent people.

Also, it's really cool to know that I can go to Wisconsin or Indiana or Connecticut or West Virginia or whereever and know there's an awesome person to hang out with there.

And my wife stopped laughing at my "pull my finger" jokes years ago, but I know you guys will still appreciate them.
Well said. Mostly, I'm impressed that you spelled "judgment" correctly. Not that I expected you to be a bad speller- heaven knows we need engineers who can spell. It's just that most people put an extra "e" in there.
DIS Dad #400

Closed Thread

Tags
beer, beverly, dad, goofy, man laws

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: