Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2012, 08:34 AM   #691
fuzzlekins
Mouseketeer

Thanks, allerobed and Marblies!
1/31-2/9/14
fuzzlekins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:35 AM   #692
Kristina
DIS Veteran

Before this thread I had my exciting week at WDW all planned out! Every minute of it! However now, I can guarantee that I will be making a stop at the Contempo Cafe most likely on my first park day !

The only thing that is not certain, is if I am going to walk away from there with one cupcake or what now looks like two, or even three! Heaven help me lol!!

Thank you Ilivetogo for those pics !

Kristina is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2012, 08:45 AM   #693
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristina View Post
Before this thread I had my exciting week at WDW all planned out! Every minute of it! However now, I can guarantee that I will be making a stop at the Contempo Cafe most likely on my first park day !

The only thing that is not certain, is if I am going to walk away from there with one cupcake or what now looks like two, or even three! Heaven help me lol!!

Thank you Ilivetogo for those pics !
Glad to help!

Old 09-13-2012, 08:51 AM   #694
Ilivetogo
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".

IMGP1372 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

IMGP1413 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

DSCN9449 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

DSCN9448 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

DSCN9451 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

DSCN9452 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

Old 09-13-2012, 09:21 AM   #695
PoohsFan1
DIS Veteran

We just returned from WDW on Sunday and tried the chocolate peanut butter cupcake from Starring Rolls. Oh my gosh that was the best cupcake that I have ever eaten. DD11 and I shared it, but then my DD9 decided to taste it and she loved it too.
Old 09-13-2012, 09:26 AM   #696
Kristina
DIS Veteran

Brilliant, I love it! Thanks again Ilivetogo! I am sitting here on my sofa and your pictures make help me transport myself there somehow . I can imagine/feel what I love about the place ! Regarding this bakery I plan to head in here too, right after my dinner at Cape May. I know I'll have to push myself a little because I'll probably be stuffed and not in the mood but I'll have to remember how I felt sitting here at home. I'm dying to taste 3 from here, the cheesecake brownie, the peanut butter cake and this cupcake! If I only walk away with one, is it the bon bon that you would recommend?

Old 09-13-2012, 09:29 AM   #697
Denine
I want to go on a cruise! I want to move to sunny Florida!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzlekins View Post
I LOVE a great cupcake but I'm wondering if all these cupcakes are actually "delicious" or more delicious looking. I hate to be a cupcake snob but I've seen people compliment a cupcake when both the cake and the frosting came from a box and can respectively. Don't get me wrong, I like a good box cake and make them more often than scratch, but I can always tell the difference. And canned icing tastes pretty artificial and yucky to me. I like to bake and I grew up with a Mom who's a great cook, so I'm wondering if all the sweet treats will really impress me or just be empty calories. Any baking snobs out there that can weigh in on the homemade yumminess of Disney desserts (if there are any)?

I can say that I did have one cupcake from some sort of bake shop in DTD a couple yrs ago. The cake was average and the frosting was piled higher than any I've ever seen. The frosting was better than I expected but not as good as homemade buttercream (I doubt they used full butter).
I am one of those "baking snobs". I never buy bakery of any kind from the store, I make everything from scratch. I make my own frosting with real butter. I am usually disappointed in baked goods from from any store and some bakeries.
These cupcakes were awesome! They were moist and flavorful and the frosting was delicious! DH and I had the chocolate peanut butter cupcake from the Main St. Bakery. DD had the spaghetti and Meatball cupcake at Mama Melrose's. I tried it and it was really good too.
Disney Magic 10-01 Disney Magic 10-14-06 Disney Magic 10-16-10
Disney Magic 10-12-02 Disney Magic 10-13-07Disney Wonder 10-16-11
Disney Magic 10-19-02 Disney Magic 10-11-08Disney Magic 5-9-12
Denine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:45 AM   #698
Ilivetogo

Quote:
Brilliant, I love it! Thanks again Ilivetogo! I am sitting here on my sofa and your pictures make help me transport myself there somehow . I can imagine/feel what I love about the place ! Regarding this bakery I plan to head in here too, right after my dinner at Cape May. I know I'll have to push myself a little because I'll probably be stuffed and not in the mood but I'll have to remember how I felt sitting here at home. I'm dying to taste 3 from here, the cheesecake brownie, the peanut butter cake and this cupcake! If I only walk away with one, is it the bon bon that you would recommend?
That's tough to say. I have never had the cheesecake brownie - seen below - it is HUGE tho. I have never had the PB cake either. BUT, even tho I LOVE Oreos, this was probably my least favorite cupcake of all the ones we had because the frosting is whipped cream, not icing. I don't like whipped cream. I also would have liked it better if the cupcake was chocolate. It tased too "white" for my taste.

IMGP1405 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

Old 09-13-2012, 10:03 AM   #699
Kristina
DIS Veteran

Okay good to know, thanks! I love cheesecake and brownies so that's that then, and huge is also good ! I'm doing low carb right now so I have a jar of peanut butter in my fridge and well, what could be better than that? So this brownie I think will win over the cake to, if I only choose one item. And I should, since I'll probably be solo! My best friend is still in 'deciding' mode, ugh!
p.s. I also go by Kris when I'm w my friends in the states but here where I live Kris actually means disaster or crisis . Which sometimes, when in regards to myself, well it can be appropriate :P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilivetogo View Post
That's tough to say. I have never had the cheesecake brownie - seen below - it is HUGE tho. I have never had the PB cake either. BUT, even tho I LOVE Oreos, this was probably my least favorite cupcake of all the ones we had because the frosting is whipped cream, not icing. I don't like whipped cream. I also would have liked it better if the cupcake was chocolate. It tased too "white" for my taste.

IMGP1405 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

Old 09-13-2012, 10:10 AM   #700
Ilivetogo

Quote:
Okay good to know, thanks! I love cheesecake and brownies so that's that then, and huge is also good ! I'm doing low carb right now so I have a jar of peanut butter in my fridge and well, what could be better than that? So this brownie I think will win over the cake to, if I only choose one item. And I should, since I'll probably be solo! My best friend is still in 'deciding' mode, ugh!
p.s. I also go by Kris when I'm w my friends in the states but here where I live Kris actually means disaster or crisis . Which sometimes, when in regards to myself, well it can be appropriate :P.
Well, I think it would be a "KRIS" if you missed out on this gigantic brownie!! Enjoy!

Old 09-13-2012, 10:35 AM   #701
rgcook
Earning My Ears

My absolute favorite is from the Contemporay Resort:

Dos Leches Cupcake – Vanilla Sponge cake Infused with Caramel and Iced with Caramel Butter Crème and rolled in Chocolate Shavings.

Yummmmmmy!!

DROOL!
rgcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:13 AM   #702
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Let me just say, to the person that posted to pics of the Contempo cupcakes: the strawberry lemonade one was the only one we didn't get to try! However, the peanut butter cup was EXCEPTIONAL. BEST EVER!!!!

-Marissa
marDgreen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:05 PM   #703
Ilivetogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Let me just say, to the person that posted to pics of the Contempo cupcakes: the strawberry lemonade one was the only one we didn't get to try! However, the peanut butter cup was EXCEPTIONAL. BEST EVER!!!!
.... and the PB one is one of the few we didn't get to try. ugh. But the strawberry lemonade one was fantastic. My favorite one is not posted yet tho .... still more pics on the way ...

Old 09-13-2012, 11:44 PM   #704
fuzzlekins
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denine View Post
I am one of those "baking snobs". I never buy bakery of any kind from the store, I make everything from scratch. I make my own frosting with real butter. I am usually disappointed in baked goods from from any store and some bakeries.
These cupcakes were awesome! They were moist and flavorful and the frosting was delicious! DH and I had the chocolate peanut butter cupcake from the Main St. Bakery. DD had the spaghetti and Meatball cupcake at Mama Melrose's. I tried it and it was really good too.
Awesome! Now I'm excited!!
1/31-2/9/14
fuzzlekins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:39 AM   #705
Ilivetogo

IMGP1213 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

IMGP1255 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

DSCN9361 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

SMORES CUPCAKE

DSCN9368 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

CARROT CUPCAKE

IMGP1259 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

CHOCOLATE FUDGE/CARMEL CUPCAKE -- MY FAV!!!

IMGP1260 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

The chocolate one cut open. I don't have photos of the other 2 cut open because they were going to be brought back to friends. Sorry.

DSCN9369 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

This one was SO good!! The frosting was very thick and fudgy and the carmel was wonderful. (drool)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: