DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2012, 07:45 AM   #91
tjkraz

DVC Owner SSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by moobar25 View Post
According to Cheshire Figment "nomal upgrade rules apply". So MYW tix can be upgraded to the DVC-PAP.
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2991734
You just can't upgrade APs into the new PAPs -according to MS.
I would be very careful until we know for certain whether or not Disney is creating special rules surrounding this offer. Normally WDW passes can be upgraded to any "better" pass (i.e. AP to PAP) but DVC seems to be telling members that they cannot upgrade existing APs or vouchers under this offer. That makes me question whether MYW passes can be upgraded either.

Back in 2005 when the AP discount was first introduced, we "upgraded" non-discounted Annual Passes to discounted Premium Annual Passes and were even refunded some money in the process.

So far most of DVC's communications suggest they will be much more restrictive about upgrades this time around.

DVC owner at SSR, BWV and VGC

Last edited by tjkraz; 09-13-2012 at 07:52 AM.
tjkraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:51 AM   #92
Sarabi's Cubs
DIS Veteran

How does Will Call work? We're heading to WDW the second week of October, so if I buy our two passes Oct 1, I'm a little nervous we wouldn't get them in the mail on time. Also, is there any problem with ordering 2 APs Oct 1 and then getting 3 more for the kids before Dec 31 or do we have to get them all at the same time? Our October trip is Mom and Dad only but we're going in March with the kids. I don't have the cash on hand to get all 5 now, but will hopefully get a Christmas bonus.

Thanks!

Laurie

Contemporary 1972, Fort Wilderness 7/79, WDW offsite 6/84, WDW offsite 12/89, GF 9/96, BC 11/03, Disneyland offsite 6/05, BC 4/08, YC 1/2010, POR 12/2010, Disney Magic New Year's Cruise 12/2010, DIS Exclusive Knights & Lights ABD 9/11, Easter Dream cruise 4/2012, BWV 10/2012, Kidani 4/2013, DIS Exclusive Once Upon a Fairytale ABD 9/13, Kidani 12/13
Sarabi's Cubs is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2012, 09:06 AM   #93
n2mm
aka WALTSGIRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarabi's Cubs View Post
How does Will Call work? We're heading to WDW the second week of October, so if I buy our two passes Oct 1, I'm a little nervous we wouldn't get them in the mail on time. Also, is there any problem with ordering 2 APs Oct 1 and then getting 3 more for the kids before Dec 31 or do we have to get them all at the same time? Our October trip is Mom and Dad only but we're going in March with the kids. I don't have the cash on hand to get all 5 now, but will hopefully get a Christmas bonus.

Thanks!

Laurie
I have used will call every time. I always buy online and you get a will call certificate that you print. (Plus you can save it to a file, just in case). You get it immediately after the purchase. I guess it will depend if you are directed to the ticket store and are allowed to purchase online through the DVC website. I like doing it this way as it has always worked for me, plus no extra fee for shipping. Time will tell.

n2mm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:52 AM   #94
Thumper4me
Planning my next trip

We are heading down in October for our trip and purchased DVC AP's. I have the vouchers. I am very disappointed that I can't take these vouchers to the ticket gate and "upgrade" to the Premium Pass. I feel like I am being punished for planning ahead.

If we can't upgrade when we get there, we will not be taking advantage of this perk. We were not planning on renewing the annual passes next year as we are heading to Yellowstone National Park for 2014. That is too bad because we may have discovered we really liked having access to the Water Parks and Disney Quest. We may have ended up buying the Premium Passes in the future....now we will never know.

Kelly
Thumper4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:04 AM   #95
gmi3804
DIS Veteran

Kelly's story is an example of why I try to wait until the last minute to purchase anything.

I never understood why people purchase AP vouchers in advance. To save two minutes at a ticket window? To take advantage of current prices before a price increase? Either way, there are always going to be unhappy people when a new promo is announced.

Stupid Judy.
gmi3804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:12 AM   #96
LisaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper4me View Post
We are heading down in October for our trip and purchased DVC AP's. I have the vouchers. I am very disappointed that I can't take these vouchers to the ticket gate and "upgrade" to the Premium Pass. I feel like I am being punished for planning ahead.

If we can't upgrade when we get there, we will not be taking advantage of this perk. We were not planning on renewing the annual passes next year as we are heading to Yellowstone National Park for 2014. That is too bad because we may have discovered we really liked having access to the Water Parks and Disney Quest. We may have ended up buying the Premium Passes in the future....now we will never know.

Kelly
I have vouchers that I had planned to use this fall. I looked over every bit of the vouchers and the paperwork that came with them and there is no mention of any deadline for exchanging these particular vouchers for APs. (The policy may have changed since I bought these but these particular vouchers make no mention of any exchange deadline so I feel I'll be OK holding on to them to use later.) So I plan to hold on to the vouchers for a future trip and purchase PAPs for this trip instead and hit the water parks a few times between this trip and our spring trip.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:14 AM   #97
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper4me View Post

Kelly
Kelly...I had called to speak to MS yesterday but explained I was interested in switching/exchanging/upgrading my regular AP for this Premium discounted price. I need to buy AP's on Sept 26 when we arrive---and would be activating them on that day for use in the parks through 9/29. So I had asked if I could switch a week later on Oct 6 when we disembarked the Fantasy and went back to the parks. They told me "no". But you have vouchers----so perhaps you will be able to switch to this offer. I sure hope so. But like Tim mentioned above.....I'd wait it out and see. The details should be posted on DVC Member site on Oct 1. I'll be on the ship with no internet access but will probably run over to the DVC folks on the ship and find out the details because I'm dying to know. Good luck Kelly !!!!!

MiaSRN62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:24 AM   #98
kim_d
DIS Veteran

I spoke to MS today and was informed that the PAP Discount Ticket is eligible for upgrade. We can purchase MYW PH for the beginning of our stay (end of Sept) and then upgrade to PAP on 10/1 (or later) as long as at least a day remain on the PH and we pay the price difference between the previously purchased PH and the dicounted PAP price.

Anyone else get the same answer?
kim_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:25 AM   #99
Marc A.

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaS View Post
I have vouchers that I had planned to use this fall. I looked over every bit of the vouchers and the paperwork that came with them and there is no mention of any deadline for exchanging these particular vouchers for APs. (The policy may have changed since I bought these but these particular vouchers make no mention of any exchange deadline so I feel I'll be OK holding on to them to use later.) So I plan to hold on to the vouchers for a future trip and purchase PAPs for this trip instead and hit the water parks a few times between this trip and our spring trip.
I'm in the same boat as you..Vouchers left from about two years ago. Three trips in the course of 10 months starting in November. Thinking of buying these PAPs and holding the vouchers for a few more years. I wish I remembered what I paid back then to compare.

CR 1976,CBR SEPT. 03,ASMo MAY 05, CR OCT 07, DCL JUNE 08, POLY NOV 08 , AKV MAR 09 , Hilton Grand VC, SEPT. 09 , AKV OCT. 10 , DCL OCT. 10 , BLT OCT. 10 , BLT Jan. 11 , AKV AUG 11 , Pop May 12 , BLT Nov 12 , AKV Jan 13 , DCL Jan 13
Marc A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:07 PM   #100
WebmasterDoc
Administrator

DISboards Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkraz View Post
... So far most of DVC's communications suggest they will be much more restrictive about upgrades this time around.
It almost sounds as though DVC has gotten a special deal with Theme Parks for this promotion - where DVC is allowed to sell these Premium AP's at $399 (plus tax). I'd suspect that DVC may even get some sort of commission for each AP they sell.

If they accept the usual upgrade tickets as an exchange, they could then be stuck with admission media DVC has no use for and Theme Parks may not be as generous towards DVC with any credit for these reclaimed passes as they are when guests directly upgrade the "other" passes. Maybe they can work with Theme Parks to make it worthwhile to continue to offer the same upgrade policy as usually allowed.

I view this as a text program to see how effective DVC can be selling a plus feature admission medium to its members. If it gets a strong enough response, we may see similar deals going froward. If not, this may be our one-and-only chance for something like this. I suspect it is related to the number of APs sold with the DVC discount vs the number of PAPs sold with the DVC discount and Theme Parks is looking for a quick uptick in PAP sales to start their new fiscal year in October.

Stay tuned!
Old 09-13-2012, 02:20 PM   #101
chipdale74
Mouseketeer

I just saw this offer. I wish I knew if I was definitely going next summer. Such a great deal

mike : maddie samicasey
chipdale74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:31 PM   #102
jstarcze
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaS View Post
Yes. "Activated" is really the old term, from back when an AP was activated when you used it to enter a park for the first time. Then they changed it so that it is already activated at the time you purchase it or when you redeem/exchange an AP voucher for the actual AP or pick up up an AP at will call. It doesn't matter anymore when you use it for the first time to enter a park. The clock starts ticking from the day when you first have the AP/PAP in your hand.
I'm not so certain this is the case for this offer based on this announcement:

Insider's Tip: A Premium Annual Pass certificate is not activated as a ticket until it is used the first time. So, if you've already purchased an Annual Pass, you can still take advantage of this offer by purchasing it now (between Oct. 1 and Dec. 31, 2012), but waiting to activate it until after your current pass has expired. Passes purchased on this offer must be redeemed by December 31, 2013.

Based on this it seems to me that activated means the first time used to enter a park.
Old 09-13-2012, 04:45 PM   #103
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstarcze View Post
I'm not so certain this is the case for this offer based on this announcement:

Insider's Tip: A Premium Annual Pass certificate is not activated as a ticket until it is used the first time. So, if you've already purchased an Annual Pass, you can still take advantage of this offer by purchasing it now (between Oct. 1 and Dec. 31, 2012), but waiting to activate it until after your current pass has expired. Passes purchased on this offer must be redeemed by December 31, 2013.

Based on this it seems to me that activated means the first time used to enter a park.
The wording is confusing to say the least.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:59 PM   #104
luckyman_apd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
The wording is confusing to say the least.
I concur, but I think it means you must enter the park with it by Dec 2013. Too bad. We are going this Nov and then not again until 2014. I would certainly jump on this if we were going at all next year. Would have been cool as We've never been to the waterparks, and our kids will be old enough for them by then.
Old 09-13-2012, 05:00 PM   #105
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyman_apd View Post
I concur, but I think it means you must enter the park with it by Dec 2013. Too bad. We are going this Nov and then not again until 2014. I would certainly jump on this if we were going at all next year. Would have been cool as We've never been to the waterparks, and our kids will be old enough for them by then.
I am trying to find out but my contact is on vacation, that rascal,
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: