Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2012, 07:52 AM   #16
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
Cheshire, if you have vouchers for an AP, can you call member services and upgrade the voucher?

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
interested in this answer too!

I don't have a 'paper' voucher per se but sitting on a confirmation # I received from DVC member services for AP activation via going to will call (which I bought over a year ago before that particular price increase).

If i'm not able to switch it to a PAP by calling member services and paying the additional $ due, is there a chance of redeeming it at guest services directly? Our trip starts Sept 29th but we'll be there for Oct. 1st. Can I pay the difference for the PAP then?

Ido have an tix bought via UT (before this year's price increase) for DH that should be workable to upgrade on 10/1 as I understand it...i hope.

keishashadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:05 AM   #17
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

Wow! So if I am reading this right, the PAP with the DVC discount is actually cheaper than the regular AP with the DVC discount! That is awesome news, I know what kind of AP I'll be buying DH this year. I can't believe the pricing, its almost as cheap as a FL seasonal pass!
CandleontheWater is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2012, 09:40 AM   #18
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

The normal procedure at a window is that if they ticket you are upgrading to costs less than the ticket that you have, we will not give a refund.

If you currently have a will-call for a DVC regular or premium AP I would suggest calling Member Services and see if they can do something for you. Note the adjustment for purchase, if any, can only be done between October 1 and December 31 this year.

I don't know if Member Services will be able to do this.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:03 AM   #19
LisaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEY FIX View Post
What should I do if tickets wont be used for a year or 2? Buy them when we are there in Nov and just hold onto them? Isnt there an exp date printed on the pass when you buy it? Thanks Fig.
What do you mean by "buy hem when we are there"? If you go to a park or DTD, you will be buying an activated PAP and the clock will start ticking that day. They will expire one year later.

It sounds like you want to buy a voucher (or get a confirmation number and use will call) and pick up the actual PAP later. To do that, you need to call MS or buy the PAP online through the DVC Member website. I don't know if they still mail out vouchers but if they do, there is an extra charge for that. There is no extra charge if you use "will call". You will have until Dec 31, 2013 to pick up the actual PAP at WDW, by exchanging the voucher or providing the confirmation number (will call).
Old 09-13-2012, 10:06 AM   #20
LisaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
If you currently have a will-call for a DVC regular or premium AP I would suggest calling Member Services and see if they can do something for you.
Slightly different question about this. If someone has a AP voucher in hand or had planned to use will call for an AP already purchased, can they leave that in the system for another year and buy this reduced price PAP now? In other words, is there a time limit on how long you can have an existing AP order sitting in the system (or a voucher sitting at home) before you go to will call to get the actual AP?
Old 09-13-2012, 10:11 AM   #21
Belle & Ariel
DIS Veteran

If we do free dining in December can we apply the value of those tickets towards the AP purchase?
More importantly, can we save the vouchers and activate next year? I read somewhere that if you buy in person the passes are activated that day--we would not want to do this.
Belle & Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:15 AM   #22
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle & Ariel View Post
If we do free dining in December can we apply the value of those tickets towards the AP purchase?
More importantly, can we save the vouchers and activate next year? I read somewhere that if you buy in person the passes are activated that day--we would not want to do this.
Yes, you can upgrade your MYW tickets to the discounted PAP. But the APs will be activated right then and there. If you want a voucher, you'll have to call member services and purchase one. There is no way to turn a MYW ticket into a voucher.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:17 AM   #23
LisaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That is correct. If you go to a ticket window (or DTD) to purchase your PAP, you get an activated PAP. The clock starts the minute you have the PAP in your hand. If you want a voucher/confirmation certificate that you can redeem later (but no later than Dec 31, 2013), you must purchase online on the DVC Members website or by phone with Member Services.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:30 AM   #24
bytheblood
DIS Veteran

Awesome news. Glad I waited to purchase my tickets for my December trip. Thanks Cheshire for sharing this information.
bytheblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:37 AM   #25
foohpah
Mouseketeer

I am guessing I know the answers but just want to clarify.

1) The $399 is the pre-tax price? I need to add some % on to get my actual out of pocket cost for the tickets.

2) A Nov trip for us would be a 'maybe' and I would not want to purchase the PAP until we know for sure we would make the trip. It could be only 1 week prior to the trip before we know but we would want to book with an AP discount at the resort. Do you have to have the PAP in hand to check in at the resort? Can I call or go online to order the discount passes right before we leave and would that confirmation be good enough to check in with or would I have to go to a park (late evening > 9 PM on 11/23) to buy the PAP before checking in? Of course that is assuming that any park ticket location can redeem this offer.

Next trip: WDW and Universal - June/July 2014

WDW - Dec 1999, May 2000, Jan 2001, May 2001, Feb 2004, Feb 2006, Nov 2007, Jun 2009, May 2010, Jun 2011
DCL - Wonder - Feb 2006, Magic - Dec 2006 & Dec 2008, Dream - Jun 2011, Fantasy - Nov 2012
foohpah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:54 AM   #26
skylynx

Riding for my own brand.

So now I'm kicking myself from here to eternity for buying vouchers last week for regular DVC discounted AP's, to be activated on our trip in early November, only to find out just a week later I could have had a PAP for less than I just paid for a regular AP if I'd only waited a couple more days. DRAT!

Seems to be conflicting information on the DISboards as to whether when we get to WDW, we could go to the ticket office at DTD, trade the green vouchers for regular DVC annual passes, and then immediately trade those in for DVC Premium AP's. I would not expect a refund, but it would be nice to have the PAPs instead for the same price I already paid for the APs. How would that be different from upgrading to the DVC PAP from a brand new MYW ticket I might have purchased in advance and not used yet?

After having PAPs for several years, we dropped them after moving to Colorado because we don't get to WDW as often, and DL is now actually closer. But because it just turned out we would be making 3 trips to WDW within the next 12 month period, I decided to save our Undercover Tourist 10 day PH+water parks with no expire (with only two days used) for next year and get APs again. Guess I'm just complaining about truffles, here, but would sure like to know I could at least swap my regular AP for a PAP.
WDW 2 many times 2 count since 1973 AKL, WL, Dixie Landings, CB, VB,OKW, GCV, 5 Disney Institute Professional Programs CA/Disneyland GCAL, Treehouse Villas DVC 2007 Disney Wonder 10/02, 3/03, 2/04, 5/06, 5/07, 6/08, 8/10, 2/11Disney Magic W 10/04, 1/07, E 2/06, 11/08, 2/12 Disney Dream 6/11 6/14 Disney Fantasy 2/13 2/14 NCL Alaska 6/09 Trader's Inn Beach Club Ormond Beach FL 2014
skylynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:57 AM   #27
puffkin
DVC Owner- SSR & AKV

Just want to clarify before I plunk down major cash at UT today...

Our first park day is 9/29. If we buy hoppers from UT we can use them the first two days and then upgrade them on 10/1 to the PAP and just pay the few dollars difference then?

We were going to get PAP's anyways, so this is an AMAZING deal for us!

Veteran of 25+ trips to the World
puffkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:19 AM   #28
SUSIEQ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffkin

Our first park day is 9/29. If we buy hoppers from UT we can use them the first two days and then upgrade them on 10/1 to the PAP and just pay the few dollars difference then?

I want to know the same thing.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
Old 09-13-2012, 11:32 AM   #29
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaS View Post
Slightly different question about this. If someone has a AP voucher in hand or had planned to use will call for an AP already purchased, can they leave that in the system for another year and buy this reduced price PAP now? In other words, is there a time limit on how long you can have an existing AP order sitting in the system (or a voucher sitting at home) before you go to will call to get the actual AP?
A non-promotional voucher (or will-call or exchange certificate) for any level of AP does not expire and may be used at any time to exchange to a new active AP.

Quote:
1. If you do any sort of upgrade the new tickets are active immediately.

2. The expiration date of those tickets will be one year from the date of first use of the tickets you are upgrading from.

3. If you buy vouchers they must be redeemed no later than December 31, 2013, or they lose all their value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffkin View Post

Just make sure that the Gate value of each ticket that you get from UCT is less than $399.00. Check Post #18-A in the ticket sticky to see the Current Gate Price of all non-promotional tickets.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:43 AM   #30
skylynx

Riding for my own brand.

[QUOTE=Cheshire Figment;46145635]A non-promotional voucher (or will-call or exchange certificate) for any level of AP does not expire and may be used at any time to exchange to a new active AP.

So does that mean that I COULD exchange my (just-purchased and received in the mail) green voucher cards in November for DVC regular APs, and then immediately exchange those for the specially priced DVC PAPs? I know not to expect a refund.
WDW 2 many times 2 count since 1973 AKL, WL, Dixie Landings, CB, VB,OKW, GCV, 5 Disney Institute Professional Programs CA/Disneyland GCAL, Treehouse Villas DVC 2007 Disney Wonder 10/02, 3/03, 2/04, 5/06, 5/07, 6/08, 8/10, 2/11Disney Magic W 10/04, 1/07, E 2/06, 11/08, 2/12 Disney Dream 6/11 6/14 Disney Fantasy 2/13 2/14 NCL Alaska 6/09 Trader's Inn Beach Club Ormond Beach FL 2014
skylynx is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: