Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 08:14 AM   #3331
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".

IMGP0509 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

IMGP0512 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

IMGP0502 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

IMGP0501 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

HUGE hot tub.

Old 09-13-2012, 09:42 AM   #3332
Mack1
Earning My Ears

Thinking of trying CSR next May. I look forward to reading through this thread to find out all the good info.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2012, 11:28 AM   #3333
2girlsR2good
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilivetogo View Post

HUGE hot tub.

You are not kidding! What great pictures--thank you so much. I think we'll be just fine there and it's so much better to have my parents with us than to be staying in a more upscale place that I'm not going to think about it again!
Old 09-13-2012, 11:30 AM   #3334
motherof4
Mouseketeer

Just booked adult only trip October 24-29th and picked CSR as this is the only moderate we haven't stayed at! We were at POR last March and loved,loved,loved that resort, but thought we would try CSR! So excited, and we sooo need an adult only get away!
Old 09-13-2012, 11:31 AM   #3335
2girlsR2good
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchandPooh'sMom View Post
My kids both like the CSR slide better than the Poly slide. The theming of the Poly slide is cool, but they think the CSR slide is longer and faster (no idea if that is really true, but that is their perception). The CSR slide is also completely open instead of enclosed like the Poly slide.

They also like the CSR pool much better because the Poly pool is small and almost always crowded. You have room to move around or throw a ball at the CSR pool.

Of the places we have stayed, my kids rank pools/slide as Beach Club, CSR, AKL-Kidani, Poly, Old Key West, then Boardwalk (both said the slide at BW hurt when they went down on their backs - they each rode it once the whole trip).
These are great points. Clearly, we just have more trips to plan in the future to check out more pools!
Old 09-13-2012, 01:55 PM   #3336
jenifferf00
Mouseketeer

I did my online check in yesterday, and also called to make sure they still had my requests. I requested bed rails and Cabanas building 9b. I know this building is normally reserved for conference people, but we happen to be staying right between 2 conferences, while there are none listed. Fingers crossed we get it!!

Anyone have any experience with CSR room requests? Did you get what you wanted?

Obviously my request was pretty narrow, so if they can't fulfill it I hope they at least put us in the Cabana's area. But you'll never get it if you don't ask, right!?!

Old 09-13-2012, 01:58 PM   #3337
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenifferf00 View Post
I did my online check in yesterday, and also called to make sure they still had my requests. I requested bed rails and Cabanas building 9b. I know this building is normally reserved for conference people, but we happen to be staying right between 2 conferences, while there are none listed. Fingers crossed we get it!!

Obviously my request was pretty narrow, so if they can't fulfill it I hope they at least put us in the Cabana's area. But you'll never get it if you don't ask, right!?!
I've had great experience with rooms requests at CSR. Only twice did we not get our request. One of those two times was a free upgrade! And the other was placement in the building next to where I requested!
Old 09-13-2012, 02:19 PM   #3338
wdisneelvr
DIS Veteran
Was on a "wing fling" for a while there
Has been sprinkled with pixie dust from the Tag Fairies! :)

Who do you call to make a room request at CSR? I'm staying there starting next saturday and would like to request the cabana's as well. I think there are a couple of conventions going on next weekend, so I probably won't get those rooms? Anyone know?
Old 09-13-2012, 03:03 PM   #3339
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdisneelvr View Post
Who do you call to make a room request at CSR? I'm staying there starting next saturday and would like to request the cabana's as well. I think there are a couple of conventions going on next weekend, so I probably won't get those rooms? Anyone know?
Call CRO (Disney Central Reservations) and have your room request noted. Convention attendees may be placed throughout the resort, but they seem to be concentrated in the casitas (just depends how many people are attending). Cabana 9B is sometimes used for club level for convention guests, but it is available to us regular folk if a convention has not paid for those amenities.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:07 PM   #3340
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenifferf00 View Post

We didn't get our request met. I wanted to be in Cabanas and we ended up in Casitas. But we ended up loving Casitas, so it was all good in the end.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:31 PM   #3341
Pixiedust34
It's like I'm stuck in a music time warp
Hasn't touched an iron in over 10 yrs!
I love Target! Where else can you buy candy corn 90% off?!
My tags are getting dusty!

Quick question: Does Cafe Rix sell yogurt? Is there a place at CSR we can buy yogurt?
Old 09-13-2012, 05:23 PM   #3342
HANDYMOM
DIS Veteran

Disappointed with CSR

There are lots of good points about CSR, but overall, I wouldn't risk staying there again because there are too many other great choices.

Not only were my room locations requests not fulfilled, we got the exact opposite! With only 45% occupancy, we requested any section EXCEPT Casitas with a preference for Cabanas. I even called two days before arrival and was told "NO PROBLEM".

When we arrived we were put in Cabanas 4, quite a hike to and from the main building and to and from the Dig Site. The plus was that it was just across a parking lot from the bus stop.

The room was well kept, clean and in working order except the air conditioner was lame. We had to keep the fan on all night.

The big problem came when a HUGE convention group checked in on Monday. On Tuesday night the partying was loud and rowdy! We called for security at 10:30, then had to call again at 12:30 because they hadn't come yet and the partying, screaming, banging on the railings and cursing was so loud. "Security" was an older gentleman and two middle aged females with long hair. These security officers told everyone to quiet down and go in their rooms, then left. Oh yeah, like that's going to work. More calls by all the non partiers and FINALLY they had a manager and the security staff got everyone quieted down around 2am.

The general manager was very nice and apologetic and credited our account some money but the damage was done. While beautiful, I don't see the need to return. This resort TOTALLY caters to their convention clients and does not hold the family vacationers in high enough priority.

I did take a walk around the whole resort before I left. It is very beautiful, I just got stuck in the least pretty place with a bunch of adults that didn't party enough in college to get it out of their system.
Sept 2012 - 2 families at CSR January 2010 - Polynesian January 2008 - Grand Gathering at Pop! January 2006 - 2 families at All Star Sports May 2004 POR - 1st trip with DS's 5&3 Sept 1998 - Belated Disneymoon at CBR April 1995 - CR

[/url
Old 09-13-2012, 05:25 PM   #3343
HANDYMOM
DIS Veteran

Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixiedust34 View Post
Quick question: Does Cafe Rix sell yogurt? Is there a place at CSR we can buy yogurt?
We saw yogurt. You can always ask them for some and they will package some up for you. The staff at Cafe Rix and Pepper Market were very accomodating.
Sept 2012 - 2 families at CSR January 2010 - Polynesian January 2008 - Grand Gathering at Pop! January 2006 - 2 families at All Star Sports May 2004 POR - 1st trip with DS's 5&3 Sept 1998 - Belated Disneymoon at CBR April 1995 - CR

[/url
Old 09-13-2012, 07:08 PM   #3344
Pixiedust34
It's like I'm stuck in a music time warp
Hasn't touched an iron in over 10 yrs!
I love Target! Where else can you buy candy corn 90% off?!
My tags are getting dusty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HANDYMOM View Post
We saw yogurt. You can always ask them for some and they will package some up for you. The staff at Cafe Rix and Pepper Market were very accomodating.
Thank you!
Old 09-13-2012, 07:37 PM   #3345
JESSketeer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilivetogo View Post
I just got home on Friday night, and while I was there, I only saw 1 or 2 lovebugs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie521 View Post
We were there all last week, returned Sunday and didn't see very many while there. We did see a few one night before and after it rained, but that is about it.
Great, thank you!!! Finishing up some last minute packing! Will be in Disney in about 12 hours!!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: