Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 08:24 AM   #3676
bertoldo1269
Earning My Ears

We did a split stay at the Poly and AKL in early 2012. We are wanting to go back in 2013 and to save some money are looking at CBR because we love the beach theme. We have ds 4,7 that we feel would love the pools at CBR. We are affraid we spoiled ourselves by starting off at a deluxe this year.

The two double beds are a killer for us. I know this has probably been asked a million times but I didn't see lately in this thread. Has there been any rumors of the beds being changed out to queens?

Last edited by bertoldo1269; 09-12-2012 at 08:37 AM.
Old 09-12-2012, 09:07 AM   #3677
Sandmanswife9
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSierra123
We just got back from 7 days at CBR and we absolutely loved it!!!! I was a little nervous after reading all the reviews about CBR, but I was extremely happy. The grounds are absolutely gorgeous. I wish we had more time to just relax and enjoy the resort. The staff was so friendly and willing to go the extra step. The kids loved the pool and the pool games. The food court was fine and we loved the cuban sandwiches. The only complain I have is the size of the beds, but that should not be an issue going forward as a CM confirmed that they were upgrading the beds to queen. My family loved CBR and we plan on staying there again. Let me know if anyone has any questions. This was also our first time to Disney.
I am glad that you liked CBR. We have reservations for Aug 2013. We have stayed at POP and loved it. Last year was POR and had issues that started with our mix up in our reservations, had us on the 2 floor when requested 1st due to disabilities and using an ECV, also had issues with Mousekeeping, distance to the food courts and busses. on several occasions had to wait 45 min for a bus and ended up taking a taxi because we had dinner reservations and did not want to miss them. We are hoping that CBR has no issues.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-12-2012, 09:22 AM   #3678
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandmanswife9 View Post
I am glad that you liked CBR. We have reservations for Aug 2013. We have stayed at POP and loved it. Last year was POR and had issues that started with our mix up in our reservations, had us on the 2 floor when requested 1st due to disabilities and using an ECV, also had issues with Mousekeeping, distance to the food courts and busses. on several occasions had to wait 45 min for a bus and ended up taking a taxi because we had dinner reservations and did not want to miss them. We are hoping that CBR has no issues.
Just as an fyi, while you can request ground floor, there is no guarantee of getting that request met. I've had such bad luck with it, even with someone along who has a problem with stairs, that I don't even bother asking for it.

Also, now at POR being close to the food court is a bookable category. So that is a good thing!
Old 09-12-2012, 10:44 AM   #3679
bentopher
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
Just as an fyi, while you can request ground floor, there is no guarantee of getting that request met. I've had such bad luck with it, even with someone along who has a problem with stairs, that I don't even bother asking for it.
Are there elevators?

May 2013 Pop Century: Star Wars Weekend. The boys 2nd trip. And first trip with Grandma (who hadn't been in 15ish years).
May 2012 All Star Sports: The boys first Disney Vacation, and my first time back in 15 years!
Several offsite trips as a child, a disney cruise in 1994, and ASMu in 1997 for Disney 25th Anniversary!
Old 09-12-2012, 10:47 AM   #3680
CJK
BL II -Purple Team
Member of the RP Bad Girls Club
Mesmerized by Clay!
That feeling of accomplishment becomes addictive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentopher View Post
Are there elevators?
No elevators unfortunately.
Old 09-12-2012, 12:41 PM   #3681
mskermit
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fax290 View Post
Can someone please tell me what toiletries are given at CBR? Also, is there a hair dryer?
its actually a good hair dryer too! im one of those who drags mine along because you never know about the hotel hair dryers. But I used it and actually really liked it, never even took mine out. just a little fyi
Caribbean Beach 08-12
POR Riverside 08-12
Art of Animation 08-13 & 03-14
Old 09-12-2012, 01:49 PM   #3682
Sandmanswife9
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJK

That was the problem. How can you get your ECV up to your room? They were willing to change us and we did get a first floor room but ended up the furthest from food court. Harder on the rest of the group.
Old 09-12-2012, 03:05 PM   #3683
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
That was the problem. How can you get your ECV up to your room? They were willing to change us and we did get a first floor room but ended up the furthest from food court. Harder on the rest of the group.
I'm pretty sure CBR is the only resort without elevators in at least some of the buildings. POR has them in the Mansion buildings, but not the Bayou section. I'm thinking I would probably not book CBR if I had someone who couldn't use stairs at all and needed an ECV to get around the resort.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:23 PM   #3684
SenecaWolf
I let my mind wander and it didn't come back!

Upgraded my POP bounce back to CBR!!! Will be back 8/24-9/5, 2013. Can't wait, I loved it there in April.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII using DISBoards

CBR - 4/18/12-4/24/12 - First Family Trip/ DD's Sweet 16POP - 8/25/12-8/30/12 - Mother/Son TripCBR - 8/24/13-9/1/13 - 2nd Family Trip
Old 09-12-2012, 08:28 PM   #3685
DisneyFanSherry
Mouseketeer

Drink stations question

Can someone tell me if the drink stations at CBR has hot chocolate available for the resort mugs? We stayed at POP in '09 and they did. I was just wondering because when we stayed at CSR in '11, they didn't offer it at the drink station.
We will be at CBR in November and DH is hoping for hot chocolate every night after the parks.
Thanks!!
Old 09-12-2012, 09:37 PM   #3686
Dopey Fan
I just got back from Disney, but I'm already planning our next trip.

Quote:
When we went with my Dad last year, we requested a first floor due to medical reasons. Our request was granted. He rented the scooter to be delivered to the room & that was apparently linked to the reservation because as they were checking him in, the cast member at CBR stopped to contact another cast member to deliver the scooter. Also, CBR buildings only have two floors, so half of all their rooms are first floor rooms.
Old 09-13-2012, 07:44 AM   #3687
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertoldo1269 View Post
Has there been any rumors of the beds being changed out to queens?
Word is they will start changing out the doubles to queens in 2013. No idea when exactly or if it's true. Heard here on the DIS from multiple people who have returned from CBR in the past couples months that the CMs at CBR are saying that will happen.
Old 09-13-2012, 07:46 AM   #3688
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFanSherry View Post
Can someone tell me if the drink stations at CBR has hot chocolate available for the resort mug?
Yes it does. DS had it every morning with his breakfast. You will see the hot chocolate packets near the tea bags.
Old 09-13-2012, 08:27 AM   #3689
bentopher
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJK View Post
Ok so if I'm a single mom with 2 kids alone.. lol I guess I should try and beg and plead to have a ground floor room?

May 2013 Pop Century: Star Wars Weekend. The boys 2nd trip. And first trip with Grandma (who hadn't been in 15ish years).
May 2012 All Star Sports: The boys first Disney Vacation, and my first time back in 15 years!
Several offsite trips as a child, a disney cruise in 1994, and ASMu in 1997 for Disney 25th Anniversary!
Old 09-13-2012, 08:30 AM   #3690
bentopher
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJK View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
Word is they will start changing out the doubles to queens in 2013. No idea when exactly or if it's true. Heard here on the DIS from multiple people who have returned from CBR in the past couples months that the CMs at CBR are saying that will happen.
I hope when they start changing out the beds that they will finally allow 5 to a room instead of 4! My gf and her DD are thinking about going with me and my 2 DS's. It would help us to share a room, but we really want to stay CBR not POR. I actually have no interest at all in POR, so I dunno what to do

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: