Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 09:27 AM   #3316
AndreaDM
Yeah...we mainly colored that day

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppypetal View Post
I know it's been posted, but again, what are the coffee pots in the room?
What kinda packs do we need to bring to put in it?
I'm planning on bringing Starbucks Via packets (I use them at work and they are quite good) and just running hot water through the machine. DH will drink whatever they supply, he's not that picky.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:55 AM   #3317
JESSketeer
Mouseketeer

Hi Everyone!

For anyone who's there now, how are the love bugs? Is there a lot around? Last year was my first time experiencing them and I would just like to know what to expect when we arrive in 2 days!

TIA

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-12-2012, 12:16 PM   #3318
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by rein4dis View Post
could anyone tell me if you can still rent the surrey bikes at CS I was thinking it would be a fun way to see the property. If anyone has rented one could you tell me the rates also
I know some of the water sports had returned over the summer, but I haven't heard anything about the surrey bikes being back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppypetal View Post
I know it's been posted, but again, what are the coffee pots in the room?
What kinda packs do we need to bring to put in it?
The coffeepots are Cuisinart machines that make two individual cups at a time using the soft pods (not the cups like Keurig machines). There is a picture on the first page.
Old 09-12-2012, 01:23 PM   #3319
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".

Quote:
Originally Posted by JESSketeer View Post
Hi Everyone!

For anyone who's there now, how are the love bugs? Is there a lot around? Last year was my first time experiencing them and I would just like to know what to expect when we arrive in 2 days!

TIA
I just got home on Friday night, and while I was there, I only saw 1 or 2 lovebugs.

Old 09-12-2012, 01:47 PM   #3320
Julie521
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JESSketeer View Post
Hi Everyone!

TIA
We were there all last week, returned Sunday and didn't see very many while there. We did see a few one night before and after it rained, but that is about it.

Old 09-12-2012, 03:48 PM   #3321
serene56
DIS Veteran

ya know== what you had last week is not what it will be like today-- and nor will it be that way next week.

The love bugs colony grows as the days move on.

We went last year and the begining of the week was fine--maybe a few but by the end of the week--wowsers. But the week after we came back was even more scarier-- then it started to wean away

this was the week of Sept 24th.
Old 09-12-2012, 04:20 PM   #3322
poppypetal
Mouseketeer

Good question about the lovebugs... so gross, we saw them everywhere last year, hoping they be minimized this year.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:33 PM   #3323
2girlsR2good
Mouseketeer

For those of you who've been there--is the pool as amazing as it looks? I had wanted to book Beach Club for spring break this year, but we decided to invite my parents along for a few days. A great pool is a big part of our decision making process, so I chose CSR. Now I'm re-thinking and getting nervous.

My daughters are 8 and both love water slides and just playing in the pool.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:58 PM   #3324
StitchandPooh'sMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2girlsR2good View Post
For those of you who've been there--is the pool as amazing as it looks? I had wanted to book Beach Club for spring break this year, but we decided to invite my parents along for a few days. A great pool is a big part of our decision making process, so I chose CSR. Now I'm re-thinking and getting nervous.

My daughters are 8 and both love water slides and just playing in the pool.
The CSR pool is great, but it is nowhere near as impressive as the Beach Club pool. My kids are 10 and 13 and both love the CSR pool and especially the slide, but they would both pick the Beach Club pool if given the choice. I find the CSR pool more relaxing as a parent. You can't see all of the Beach Club pool from your chair, and you have to cross the walkway ouside the pool area to get to the slide.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:08 PM   #3325
lmbcdb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaDM View Post
Yes, I know we can get coffee at a food court, but we're the kind of people who need coffee to go get coffee.
This is SO us. It used to be a cigarette and coffee to function in the morning, but luckily we gave that up over 15 years ago.

Old 09-12-2012, 09:21 PM   #3326
2girlsR2good
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchandPooh'sMom View Post
The CSR pool is great, but it is nowhere near as impressive as the Beach Club pool.
Well, since they have never seen the BC pool, then I think they'll love it. How does it compare to the Poly volcano slide? That's their favorite so far.

Thanks!
Old 09-12-2012, 10:04 PM   #3327
Julie521
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchandPooh'sMom View Post
The CSR pool is great, but it is nowhere near as impressive as the Beach Club pool. My kids are 10 and 13 and both love the CSR pool and especially the slide, but they would both pick the Beach Club pool if given the choice. I find the CSR pool more relaxing as a parent. You can't see all of the Beach Club pool from your chair, and you have to cross the walkway ouside the pool area to get to the slide.
My husband and I thought the pool was great! We both went down the water slide a bunch of times! I cannot compare it to the BC pool, but it was a great size, you never felt crowded, chairs all the way around, plus a small kiddie area and a hot tub.

Here are some pics I took while we were there last week. May be a little similar to the other ones, but here they are:

Old 09-13-2012, 05:58 AM   #3328
StitchandPooh'sMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2girlsR2good View Post
Well, since they have never seen the BC pool, then I think they'll love it. How does it compare to the Poly volcano slide? That's their favorite so far.

Thanks!
My kids both like the CSR slide better than the Poly slide. The theming of the Poly slide is cool, but they think the CSR slide is longer and faster (no idea if that is really true, but that is their perception). The CSR slide is also completely open instead of enclosed like the Poly slide.

They also like the CSR pool much better because the Poly pool is small and almost always crowded. You have room to move around or throw a ball at the CSR pool.

Of the places we have stayed, my kids rank pools/slide as Beach Club, CSR, AKL-Kidani, Poly, Old Key West, then Boardwalk (both said the slide at BW hurt when they went down on their backs - they each rode it once the whole trip).
Old 09-13-2012, 08:10 AM   #3329
Ilivetogo
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".

IMGP0454 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

Old 09-13-2012, 08:12 AM   #3330
Ilivetogo

IMGP0523 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

IMGP0498 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

IMGP0528 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: