Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2012, 04:28 PM   #31
SharonZ
DIS Veteran

My season tickets were just delivered via FedEx . . .
SharonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:58 PM   #32
kimblebee
now my thoughts will be worth 5 cents

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonZ
Ouch.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-12-2012, 05:54 PM   #33
AmanduhAnn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
For your sake I hope this is fixed. That sucks
Old 09-12-2012, 06:43 PM   #34
BDLSGAL
Mouseketeer

Quote:
The Bruins won't send ours until after everything is settled. They also have emailed us the contingency plan if there is a lockout. I read in to that (besides everything we have heard in the media) things don't look good to start on time. Not that this is a surprise, just disappointing.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:11 PM   #35
shinysparklybubbles
DIS Veteran

We go to the Flyers practices all the time, my son is going nuts wanting to go and trying to explain this to a 3.5 year isn't working lol.
Old 09-13-2012, 09:29 AM   #36
SharonZ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDLSGAL View Post
The Bruins won't send ours until after everything is settled. They also have emailed us the contingency plan if there is a lockout. I read in to that (besides everything we have heard in the media) things don't look good to start on time. Not that this is a surprise, just disappointing.
I thought the same thing, but the Penguins organization went ahead and sent them anyway. I'm sure my parking passes will be arriving any day. I'm surprised we haven't received a letter from management regarding our contingency plan. I can't complain, season ticket holders can pay for their seats on an 8-month interest free program and playoff tickets are pay-as-you-go.
SharonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:10 PM   #37
BDLSGAL
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I thought the same thing, but the Penguins organization went ahead and sent them anyway. I'm sure my parking passes will be arriving any day. I'm surprised we haven't received a letter from management regarding our contingency plan. I can't complain, season ticket holders can pay for their seats on an 8-month interest free program and playoff tickets are pay-as-you-go.
Hopefully I misunderstood and they do send them. The B's offer a number of payment plans but we pay in full because there is usually a bonus for doing so. A couple of years (including the season after they won the Cup because they weren't expecting it) we had the bonus of team meet and greets. Needless to say that wasn't on the table this year
Old 09-14-2012, 11:00 AM   #38
BDL
DIS Veteran

T - 36 hrs until the lockout is official and there are no indications that it won't happen. Granted, the owners have started to come back to Earth with their counter-offers. And they even went so far as including a 6 yr deal, which I never thought would happen. But for some reason, they can't even fathom using a number that begins with "5". They'll go 49%-47% over the lifespan of the proposal, but won't go to > 50% because...? Is it that they are being childish and if they don't have 51% of the pie, they don't win? If that is the reason, that's ridiculous.

Could someone please teach these owners 4th grade math? If you take all of the owners, and members of the boards that run these teams, it doesn't even come close to the number of members in the NHLPA. So, even if you only get 49% of the pie, you are sharing that 49% with WAY fewer people than those that are splitting the 51%.

So, here we are. 36 hrs until a work stoppage that could very well kill this league. If you think I'm exaggerating? After the last work stoppage, ESPN withdrew airing NHL games and the NHL had to have their games aired on the Outdoor Life Network (which became Versus and then NBCsports).
Old 09-14-2012, 12:11 PM   #39
SouthernExplorer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDLSGAL View Post
The Bruins won't send ours until after everything is settled.
You are fortunate to live in Boston as you have two of the nation's top men's hockey teams in BC and BU Go support them this season. I have my complaints with the NCAA, but at least they don't lockout their "student-athletes".

The impending lockout is a shame because I just got into the NHL this past season after the college football season ended and watched the entire Stanley Cup Playoffs. The NHL probably won't have me back as a fan, but the college games will still be played so I'll still have a good distraction for the post-football season.

Somewhere Hobey Baker is weeping A pox on all of their houses (the NHL, NBA, NHL and their PAs!).

Last edited by SouthernExplorer; 09-14-2012 at 12:16 PM.
SouthernExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:05 AM   #40
flyersfan1129
Mouseketeer

Well.....we are now about 13 hours from a lock out. Gary Bettman will have the distinct honor of presiding over three, count 'em three work stoppages. Clearly, his tenure as head of the NHL needs to end. BOTH sides need to understand the reality that 100% of $0.00 is $0.00, and get serious. My biggest beef with the owners is that they are crying about the dollar amount and length of the players contracts...umm, seriously? You signed them. If The Predators can't afford Shea Weber's contract THEY SHOULD NOT HAVE MATCHED THE OFFER. Don't match the offer and then cry poor to the league....sorry, rant over. I get cranky when I don't have hockey to watch.
Old 09-15-2012, 12:25 PM   #41
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Happy Lockout Day I hate that it's the fans who are punished because of the owners/players greed. You would be NOTHING without the fans!

jenny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:06 AM   #42
AmanduhAnn
Mouseketeer

I am so sad
Old 09-16-2012, 06:45 AM   #43
bellanotte10

I'm gonna go snag some!
I felt like the worlds most awkward ninja

Arg I hate this! I'm going to wear all my bruins gear, hunt down Bettman and smack him offside the head. Then I'm going to lock everyone in a room together until they reach a discussion. I won't even allow bathroom breaks to speed up the process

But in all seriousness, this truly sucks. I was hoping to have my boys back and to actually go to a few of the early season games. Hopefully this is resolved soon....
Old 09-16-2012, 06:47 AM   #44
Couchy
DIS Veteran

So annoying having already paid in full for our season tix.

4 trips as a kid.2002-Westgate, 2004 -Hilton DTD, 2005 -Westgate, 2007 -Royal Sun DTD, 2008 Hilton DTD, April 2011 -Swan, Dec 2011-Dolphin/ Yacht Club , Feb 2012 -Solo@Swan , April 2012-Dolphin with our friends, june/july 2012 - Beach Club
Couchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:49 AM   #45
bellanotte10

I'm gonna go snag some!
I felt like the worlds most awkward ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couchy
So annoying having already paid in full for our season tix.
that sucks. I'm sorry to everyone this has happened to....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: