Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 04:59 PM   #856
jenjie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2cgj
I just called to make my room request - requested building 6 in Lion King thanks to the map on this thread! I don't care if we get Lake View or courtyard view, just not parking lot. the CM I spoke to was hilarious, and had just stayed in the LK suites, so he was vey eager to tell me how great everything was - the underwater pool music (evidently he stayed under so long to listen he worried his son!), the movies by the pool, the food court. Listening to him made me even more excited for our trip! Wish January would hurry and get here!
If you get building 6 courtyard, check from the outside to see where your room is. I, would want somebody to take our picture in the window if it looked like we were in the tree.
October 1996 ~ March 2003 ~ August 2012
Old 09-12-2012, 05:25 PM   #857
knottmel1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by janatmovies View Post
Love this thread Will be checking in just 17 days from today! Woo hoo! We are not renting a car and will be using ME and bus transport. My question is do the food courts sell yogurt, like little containers of Yoplait and such. ITS ALL MY SON EATS!! I don't think I can bring enough of it on the plane for the whole stay, and I have no way to get to the supermarket! We have a few breakfast buffets scheduled (Tusker House, Cape May). Do they have yogurt containers or just yogurt in a bowl that you serve yourself? Thanks!!

You could always have one of the off site grocery stores deliver to your room. You could have a case of Yoplait in his favorite flavor waiting for you when you check in! Try www.gardengrocer.com !

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-12-2012, 05:28 PM   #858
bdoyledimou
Pop Road Warrior -Travelling they way they did in the 60's

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2cgj View Post
I just called to make my room request - requested building 6 in Lion King thanks to the map on this thread! I don't care if we get Lake View or courtyard view, just not parking lot. the CM I spoke to was hilarious, and had just stayed in the LK suites, so he was vey eager to tell me how great everything was - the underwater pool music (evidently he stayed under so long to listen he worried his son!), the movies by the pool, the food court. Listening to him made me even more excited for our trip! Wish January would hurry and get here!
About the underwater music --

I was very disappointed that the "character discussions" are few and far between -- maybe 10-15 seconds ever 15-20 minutes -- the rest of the time they play music -- and not the music above the water.

You also do not have to be "fully submerged" to hear it.. as long as there is an unbroken trail of water from your ear to the pool it works! i just floated around on my beak relaxing for a few hours on one of our down days -- and notice that even with my head out of the water, i could still hear the music -- until it drained.

its still cool, but i expected more chatter
14th Trip with our Foster Kids!
Old 09-12-2012, 05:29 PM   #859
sixkristy6
DIS Veteran

I love how when I log into my reservations on Disney's site, it has the notification telling me that I can do the online check-in on 10/4. It makes it more real!!
Old 09-12-2012, 05:48 PM   #860
KMcCP
DIS Veteran

Talking

I'm sorry that people are feeling let down by the LM area, but it's your vacation and money so you should definitely do what you think is best! I however cannot wait for my DD5 to see all this - she is going to love love love it!
Old 09-12-2012, 06:50 PM   #861
jenaemmaFL
I'm a big tough girl. I tie my own sandals and everything.

Just got back from my awesome stay at Disney, and the test stay was awesome at LM..here is a link for the pics...it was a little hectic due to some issues with the door locks and room problems, so was a little chaotic, finally got some pics, then was off to the parks since my daughter was off. I will just say that LOVED LOVED LOVED IT..my 3 year old daughter kept saying she was in the movie..enough said I think! Enjoy!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jenaemma/
Old 09-12-2012, 07:00 PM   #862
Marblies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenaemmaFL View Post
So that's where they hid the fridge! Mystery solved.

Glad you and daughters had a great time!

2008 A**Cheer, 2008 ASM Girl's trip, 2009 ASM with DH too, 2010 POP Girl's Christmas trip, 2011 POP Just Girls, 2012 AoA Last girl's only trip EVER? (DD22 is getting married and doesn't think she can leave her hubby at home like I do), Feb.2013 POP to SS to AoA Crashing the Disneymoon with the inlaws! Sept. 2013 POP Girl's trip
Old 09-12-2012, 07:09 PM   #863
vicky33006
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenaemmaFL
Just got back from my awesome stay at Disney, and the test stay was awesome at LM..here is a link for the pics...it was a little hectic due to some issues with the door locks and room problems, so was a little chaotic, finally got some pics, then was off to the parks since my daughter was off. I will just say that LOVED LOVED LOVED IT..my 3 year old daughter kept saying she was in the movie..enough said I think! Enjoy!

Thank you so much for posting this!! I'm actually feeling a little better now! How did you feel about the distance from LM to the food court? Did it seem like TOO much or was it ok?

Old 09-12-2012, 07:16 PM   #864
haPevraftr
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thank you so much for sharing these photos! I am now even more excited than before! LM is my fav Disney movie. I am not sure who will love the room more, me or the kids. I can't wait to see that shower in person. So fun!
Visited WDW many times as a child; Engagement trip OKW '01 ; Disneyland '04 and '05; Off-site '06 and '07 ; Pop Century '08 ; POFQ '09 ; ASMo '10 ; CSR '11 ; AKL/SVR '12 ;NYE '12-'13 WBC Easter '13, SLR/CBR ;Thanksgiving '13, VVP; WBC '14, ; WBC/ASSp Spring Break 2015
Old 09-12-2012, 07:22 PM   #865
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Quote:

thanks for sharing your photos! love the bathroom design!

Old 09-12-2012, 07:51 PM   #866
jessrose18
ADVENTURE IS OUT THERE!!

i love the inside of the shower!! too funny

Old 09-12-2012, 08:01 PM   #867
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

These are really great photos! Thank you for sharing them. The whole resort looks amazing. I really cant wait to get there to see it in person. Just 10 more days!!!

RobinDh Matt ds dd dd

Old 09-12-2012, 08:19 PM   #868
robinstrip
Earning My Ears

Thanks!

Quote:

Thanks so much for posting!! I love the interior pictures! Did you feel that it was a long walk to Animation Hall or the buses?
Old 09-12-2012, 08:32 PM   #869
jenaemmaFL
I'm a big tough girl. I tie my own sandals and everything.

The walk to the food court/front was not bad at all, jmo, there is so much to look at, you don't pay attention to the time, really.. but it did get tiresome walking back and forth several times in a row to get the room door lock fixed and corrected, but if just once, it is just fine, lol. That whole resort is like walking into a Disney movie, absolutely mind blowing to me. You guys and especially your kids are going to have the time of your life!

Just to note, for peeps staying on opening day, get ready for the new plastic smell of the room! Some people like that, I know, but it was strong. My only thing I wished they had did, was put a little shelf over the vanity sink. I kept trying to put things up there, then realized they did not have one! LOL..
Old 09-12-2012, 08:42 PM   #870
sturowski
Mouseketeer

Thanks for sharing!!! Love it!! 7 more days for us!! Very excited after seeing these LM pics! What section were you in? What is the better building number for little mermaid?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: