Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2012, 07:47 PM   #736
buffettgirl
The whole tag thing, so 1990's internet *****. Why can't you say "f o r u m"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmm6792 View Post
We will be heading to SOG in 12 days!! We got the awesome rate of $57 a night! Can't beat that!! My almost 5 yr old is beyond excited! I will be needing internet access because I am in school right now and need to keep up with my classes as well as my ebay business. Does anyone know if there is free wifi? I read on another site that they recently added free wifi. Is this true? Any help would be great!
it is free.

I had trouble with it on my cell phone, but not my tablet. Not sure why.

You do have to (like most free wifi) open a web browser, accept the free agreement and then you're good to go. My phone kept losing that...
buffettgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 01:08 AM   #737
jusero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo49 View Post

Yeah, I checked it out. I just remember the garage is supposed to be a good spot for fireworks.

Like I said, not a big deal but I am wondering that if the hotel is not full, whether they put you in a "better" room - location-wise.

Pool side rooms go for more money. But I cannot tell if the gazebo (looks like a pretty nice view) is pool side.
We had a gazebo view on our last visit:

And here was the view a couple years ago, which is a golf course view:

The golf course was quieter (except the gobbling turkey early in the morning), but I enjoyed the gazebo view better. It too was very quiet, but you could hear people from time-to-time. But I liked watching the excited little ones as the walked, skipped and ran by.

1982, 1985, Disneyland
Sept., 1995: Shades of Geen, WDW
Oct. 2006: Disneyland
May, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012: Shades of Green, WDW
Dec. 2008: Shades of Green, WDW

2011 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2745311
2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2933651
2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3201400

Last edited by jusero; 09-09-2012 at 01:15 AM.
jusero is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-09-2012, 05:06 AM   #738
Nomad70
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo49 View Post
Hi All:

I'm headed to SoG Monday. Got a great deal on the room - so I am guessing it will be a parking lot view. Not a big deal but I wouldn't mind a nice view while the little one is napping.

Does SoG do upgrades? I don't want a pool view but maybe gazebo or greenery view.

Usually, I like the higher floors but I am not concerned as much with security here - any view benefit to the upper floor balconies vs the 1st floor patio?

Thanks - Bobo

We checked in yesterday afternoon. We haven't stayed here in many years so we really were not sure what area to ask for. So we let it fall as it may. We did get the Endless summer rate, so I can't complain, but you know, we always have something that could have been better. lol The room we got is on the third floor and the 'view' is of a maintenance road for the golf course. I don't know how to say were our room is, but it is down the hall by the Mickey statue. lol But, no biggy. The room is nice and I feel we paid a fair price. Have we stayed in nicer place for the price, sure, but we are at Disney and you can't beat the location, I love being so close to Tickets and Transportation and The Poly. With this said, I am thinking I would ask for a bottom floor next time on the otherside (which is where we have always stayed before).

New DVC Members as of September 2012!!! WOOHOO!
Nomad70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 12:55 PM   #739
bellemeeko1
Shades of Green our home away from home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad70 View Post
We checked in yesterday afternoon. We haven't stayed here in many years so we really were not sure what area to ask for. So we let it fall as it may. We did get the Endless summer rate, so I can't complain, but you know, we always have something that could have been better. lol The room we got is on the third floor and the 'view' is of a maintenance road for the golf course. I don't know how to say were our room is, but it is down the hall by the Mickey statue. lol But, no biggy. The room is nice and I feel we paid a fair price. Have we stayed in nicer place for the price, sure, but we are at Disney and you can't beat the location, I love being so close to Tickets and Transportation and The Poly. With this said, I am thinking I would ask for a bottom floor next time on the otherside (which is where we have always stayed before).
You can asked to be switched to another room. We did that once and we ended up with such a great room that we stay in it every time we go back. In fact when I book they always say do you still want the same room?! LOVE it!

Shades of Green 94,96,98,2000,2004,2006,2007,2008,2008,2009,2010,2 0100,2011,2012

2002CR 2009CBR 2011WL 2013 FW

bellemeeko1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 08:38 PM   #740
stm61
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmm6792 View Post
We will be heading to SOG in 12 days!! We got the awesome rate of $57 a night! Can't beat that!! My almost 5 yr old is beyond excited! I will be needing internet access because I am in school right now and need to keep up with my classes as well as my ebay business. Does anyone know if there is free wifi? I read on another site that they recently added free wifi. Is this true? Any help would be great!
We just got back last night, checked in last Sunday. I had trouble connecting Sun. and part of Mon. I was getting the message that too many people were connected, try again later, with a number to call for help. I just figured the signal was overloaded and didn't call. After that, no problems at all connecting. We were in room #3153, in the new section, overlooking the golf course. We liked it because it had a balcony that could only be seen by someone on the golf course. A bit of a walk to the front desk, stores, and pools, but nice and quiet.
stm61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:57 AM   #741
WDW 3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stm61 View Post
We just got back last night, checked in last Sunday. I had trouble connecting Sun. and part of Mon. I was getting the message that too many people were connected, try again later, with a number to call for help. I just figured the signal was overloaded and didn't call. After that, no problems at all connecting. We were in room #3153, in the new section, overlooking the golf course. We liked it because it had a balcony that could only be seen by someone on the golf course. A bit of a walk to the front desk, stores, and pools, but nice and quiet.
We were on the second floor in that area and have to agree that it was so peaceful. At night we would sit on the balcony and enjoy the peace, quiet and the dark after a day at the parks.
WDW 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:47 PM   #742
WDW 3
Mouseketeer

Refillable Mugs

We were there last December and were advertising a refillable mug program. Do they still have it? Has anyone bought one? Worth it?

Seems to me if they put a refill station off the lobby - down were East Meets West was located it would be better than finding your way to a restaurant.

Another question.... anything happening with the East Meets West area?

Thanks!
Old 09-11-2012, 07:14 PM   #743
stm61
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW 3 View Post
We were there last December and were advertising a refillable mug program. Do they still have it? Has anyone bought one? Worth it?

Seems to me if they put a refill station off the lobby - down were East Meets West was located it would be better than finding your way to a restaurant.

Thanks!
We left SOG on Sat. I never noticed any signs for a refillable mug program. We didn't eat in the TS restaurants, so it's possible I missed it. Where were the refill stations in Dec?
stm61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:19 PM   #744
lilsk8nmac
Sweet Cream Cheese pretzel addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW 3 View Post

Thanks!
The refillable mugs were at SOG in Aug when I was there. I was there the second to last week. I can't remember where I saw them in the resort, but I do remember thinking, meh not worth it. But, yes they were there.
Old 09-12-2012, 12:37 AM   #745
BabyFu18
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilsk8nmac View Post
The refillable mugs were at SOG in Aug when I was there. I was there the second to last week. I can't remember where I saw them in the resort, but I do remember thinking, meh not worth it. But, yes they were there.

Are we talking about the refillable beer mugs (from Lucky's)? Cause if I understood that right, you still pay for your refills just a reduced price once the mug is purchased. To me it didn't seem like a deal at all, but maybe there is another type of refillable mug I'm not aware of. I don't think the system at SOG is anything like the Disney refillable mug system that most people are used to.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:36 AM   #746
WDW 3
Mouseketeer

I have a picture of the sign/info from Dec. on my phone but don't know how to post it here.
Old 09-12-2012, 12:04 PM   #747
abolanwoski
Not mean, just says what others are thinking!

Room Requests

How do I make a room request? By phone, fax, email?

TIA
1999 - Beach Club & Disney Magic
2000, 07, 08 - Disneyland
2003 - Grand Floridian for Halloween
2008 - Disney Magic
2010 - BLT
2011 - Gaylord Palms

DH Me DD6 DD9
abolanwoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:24 PM   #748
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Quote:
Originally Posted by abolanwoski View Post

TIA
I have done it by phone and e-mail.
Old 09-12-2012, 01:41 PM   #749
JKMastalski
Enjoys wine at Victoria Falls
Hubby made it into the Hot Seat!
Still can't figure out which "Trail " we were on

Quote:
Originally Posted by abolanwoski View Post

TIA
I called last night to reservations and made the request over the phone. They were very happy to note the reservation for me.
*2012 - 2 weeks in the world! 10th Anniversary at The Boardwalk Inn & Shades of Green*2006 Christmastime at the Wilderness Lodge * 2003 First Anniversary at The AKL *2000 Shades of Green* 1999 All Star Music*1998 Carribean Beach *1994 Carribean Beach*1992 Contemporary*1986 Contemporary
JKMastalski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:15 PM   #750
lilsk8nmac
Sweet Cream Cheese pretzel addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyFu18 View Post
Are we talking about the refillable beer mugs (from Lucky's)? Cause if I understood that right, you still pay for your refills just a reduced price once the mug is purchased. To me it didn't seem like a deal at all, but maybe there is another type of refillable mug I'm not aware of. I don't think the system at SOG is anything like the Disney refillable mug system that most people are used to.
Oh I didnt realize you were talking about the Refillable mugs like at the Disney resorts. They dont have those. They have their own kind at SOG, and it only works at the resort.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: