Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Collectors Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Which doll would you buy?
All of them! Who can pick just one 25 37.31%
Maleficent 10 14.93%
the Evil queen 10 14.93%
Queen of hearts 3 4.48%
Ursula 9 13.43%
Mother gothel 6 8.96%
Cruella 8 11.94%
None 9 13.43%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-11-2012, 03:16 PM   #61
ReggieB
DIS Cast Member
I don't kiss cats anymore. I do like cats really, I just shouldn't kiss them

Maleficent still seems to be available online. It's 12 hours later. Mind you I was able to get Cinderella a week after she was launched, online. But I do think that a larger edition helps!

2013: Disney Magic, Yacht Club Resort- WDW
2012: Grand Californian Resort, DL - Boardwalk Inn, WDW - Polynesian Resort, WDW - Disney Fantasy
2011: Boardwalk Inn
2010: Disney Magic - Beach Club Resort - MiraCosta (Tokyo Disney Resort)
2009: Yacht Club Resort - Grand Californian Resort, DL
2008: Yacht Club Resort - Tokyo Disneyland & Tokyo Disney Sea
2007: Disney Magic - Grand Floridian
2006: Grand Floridian - Disney Magic
2005: Beach Club Resort, Disney Wonder & Contemporary Resort - Wilderness Lodge
2004: Grand Floridian
2003: Animal Kingdom Lodge
1999: Coronado Springs
1995: Newport Bay Club (Disneyland Paris)
ReggieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:38 PM   #62
Jalugo
Earning My Ears

Looks like Villains will not have the same problems as Princesses

First of all Disney got it right this time with the ticket/lottery system to prevent a good deal of the fraud and overnight waiting that went on with the designer Princesses last year, although I do admit standing out in the cold Chicago night with a bunch of friends was fun, and we certainly met some interesting people, from hard-core collectors with pictures of the way they re-style Disney doll hair to folks that were just paid to be in line from resellers.

It also appears that the increased edition size of 13K was just about right on the money, as many stores did not sell out on Day 1, and Maleficent is still available online over 12 hours after going onsale, compared to about 12 minutes at most for any of the Princesses last year. So it basically appears as if people who want these designer villains dolls are pretty much going to be able to get them, at least based on week #1, and I would think that besides Mother Gothel, Maleficent would be the most coveted of this series, along with Ursula.

You can also see from eBay activity, even prior to the doll release, that this was just not going to be as big of a deal as the Princesses were, as there were very few pre-sales completed, and none at ridiculous prices.

I am a bit upset that I missed that LE villains 6 pin set that seemed to come out of nowhere. I am curious how some people even knew that it was going on sale late Sunday night/early Monday morning online. Went for $150 retail LE of just 200 and that set is now going for $500-$750 on eBay now. Coulda paid for my entire Disney trip this fall with just a few of those!! I also wanted to get a few of the Captain Hook LE figures, but I waited too long, and that item sold out. I hate when I get trigger-shy! But I do wonder what other secrets Disney has planned as far as additional LE items just popping in for sale, and I really wonder how and where people are finding the information ahead of time!!! I am guessing cast-members and the folks that they share their info with??

On a similar note, I stumbled into the WDCC figurines recently, and I am wondering how people get their hands on those at below the SRP? Obviously people do, since you can find some of them online for less than that price. But wow, some of those sculptures go for crazy money. Like that Rapunzel from this Spring RSP $165 selling for between $300-$750.

It looks like the villains litho sets were a pretty good purchase too. Oh well. I guess I am just gonna skip this set entirely, but hope that some additional LE items become available along the way.
Jalugo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-11-2012, 04:41 PM   #63
Jalugo
Earning My Ears

GTA store?

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenpreece View Post
according to my source they still had 8 dolls when he left work today. I'm worried though that they will stat promoting them more since all our GTA stores were concerned that there were so many left and nobody sold out. Just keep your mouths shut until after next week LOL

Please pardon my ignorance, but what is a GTA store?
Old 09-11-2012, 04:43 PM   #64
glenpreece
DIS Veteran

greater Toronto area
Old 09-11-2012, 04:45 PM   #65
Jalugo
Earning My Ears

One more general question

Just signed up here...I cannot see where I go to enter in my Disney visits and other info like some people seem to have sort of as a signature in their postings?

Thanks in advance for any help...
Old 09-11-2012, 04:59 PM   #66
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalugo View Post
Just signed up here...I cannot see where I go to enter in my Disney visits and other info like some people seem to have sort of as a signature in their postings?

Thanks in advance for any help...
Click on the user cp link in the upper left, from there you can personalize your signature and avatar, etc. You may have to get 10 posts before you can do this, I've been posting a while and can't really remember.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:09 PM   #67
Jrits
Mouseketeer

I bought maleficent but my DH is not happy, anyone interested????
Jrits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:03 PM   #68
PinkGrits
Earning My Ears

Next Week

So do you think it will be safe to wait and order online next week instead of having to go to the store during the middle of the day?
PinkGrits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:35 PM   #69
Spiffie
Wishing to be in my happy place!!

If you ordered online, did you qualify for free shipping?
Old 09-12-2012, 10:26 AM   #70
Queenie122
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkGrits View Post
So do you think it will be safe to wait and order online next week instead of having to go to the store during the middle of the day?
I don't think anything is safe, honestly. It *looks* like things are safer at this point BUT...

last time I bought Cinderella in the store the first day she was released. The next doll I bought online the day she was released at 11am online. The next doll I bought online at 9am the day she was released. THEN things got crazy.

People could have forgotten Monday was the day they started releasing the dolls. People could have thought they didn't want to deal with the craziness but then saw it wasn't crazy so now they have decided to get involved so more people = more crazy. I'm not taking anything for granted.

Paranoid = me

I'm really hoping that the larger edition size has made the troubles of the past go away. HOPEFULLY you can just order the doll online whenever you want! But if you really, really want it, I would just try to get it the way that works best for you until we see a pattern of at least two weeks. I saw too many suspicious looking people at my store calling people to come down and scoop up the remaining dolls to think it's all free and clear just yet. But the fact that Milificent is STILL available online, and it's what a day later, is a REALLY good sign!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffie View Post
If you ordered online, did you qualify for free shipping?
Yes! It's over $75 but you have to remember to put the code in, which is on the site. It's SHIPTODAY.
Queenie122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:22 PM   #71
glenpreece
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenie122 View Post
I don't think anything is safe, honestly. It *looks* like things are safer at this point BUT...

last time I bought Cinderella in the store the first day she was released. The next doll I bought online the day she was released at 11am online. The next doll I bought online at 9am the day she was released. THEN things got crazy.

People could have forgotten Monday was the day they started releasing the dolls. People could have thought they didn't want to deal with the craziness but then saw it wasn't crazy so now they have decided to get involved so more people = more crazy. I'm not taking anything for granted.

Paranoid = me

I'm really hoping that the larger edition size has made the troubles of the past go away. HOPEFULLY you can just order the doll online whenever you want! But if you really, really want it, I would just try to get it the way that works best for you until we see a pattern of at least two weeks. I saw too many suspicious looking people at my store calling people to come down and scoop up the remaining dolls to think it's all free and clear just yet. But the fact that Milificent is STILL available online, and it's what a day later, is a REALLY good sign!!

Yes! It's over $75 but you have to remember to put the code in, which is on the site. It's SHIPTODAY.
I totally agree!! I am so paranoid it's like the calm before the storm I'm not taking any chances.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:44 PM   #72
SpectroMan71
Mouseketeer

I predict these are going to get harder to get as each week comes, but still no 20 minute sellouts. I would have preferred a little smaller edition size just for exclusivity...maybe 10,000...but the Maleficent store process was so painless it was actually fun.
SpectroMan71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:55 PM   #73
redboxcar
Mouseketeer

I agree with those posted above.

I think that they will be more difficult to get as the weeks go on - like PP said, people may have forgotten that they started going on sale, etc.
Old 09-14-2012, 12:06 AM   #74
Jalugo
Earning My Ears

I don't think there will be much problem at all getting these

Quote:
Originally Posted by redboxcar View Post
I agree with those posted above.

I think that they will be more difficult to get as the weeks go on - like PP said, people may have forgotten that they started going on sale, etc.
I don't think this is going to be like the Princesses at all, as far as getting more difficult. With Maleficent bombing, that will eliminate the eBay prospectors and make things even easier, not to mention that the new sales setup has leveled the playing field as well for the collectors, as opposed to last year where the resellers could control the storefronts. I think the only one that may get any real interest or value is Mother Gothel, but this Limited Edition size is just too big, it's basically not limited at all. It's perfect for Disney, because they will maximize their dollars, but there's not gonna be any extra change out there for anybody else, at least on the dolls, in my opinion. Some of the other villain stuff is doing much better as far as values go.
Old 09-14-2012, 02:47 PM   #75
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

I went to my TDS last night, they had all the dolls on display and lots of merchandise but NO nail polish.....lol That's what I went in for! LOL I asked at the counter and they didn't know when it would be in but they hope soon, I'll just keep checking back....... *sigh* lol

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: