Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2012, 04:17 PM   #31
TaraDactile7
Earning My Ears

Do you guys think I was wrong for making that comment?
TaraDactile7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 04:41 PM   #32
Caitlin1990
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraDactile7 View Post
I feel that people are taking my comment way too seriously as if I've said something tremendously offensive when all I did is say that for some people who may be pending or may have been rejected, it may be like someone's showing off and bragging. People act like I'm in the wrong for saying that? I didn't realize that the signature thing isn't something you do on purpose.

I didn't think you were insinuating that I would goof off. My point in saying that is that getting accepted to this internship would mean so much more to me than just going to Disney Land and getting to goof off.
It's not more what you said, it's HOW you said it. You posted that on at least two different threads and just sounded like you were really pissed off about them and came off as a little bratty. I understand why you posted what you did (I haven't been accepted for a PI--yet, hopefully--so I know how it feels to see other people who have been accepted already posting about it), but I'm not going to deny them their happiness by telling them to not put it in their signature. I get that you misunderstood about how the signature coding worked, but even after people tried to explain it to you, you still came off as a little bratty--and that's why people have been so annoyed with their posts.

No one is trying to upset you or anyone else who is pending/hasn't been accepted. They're just excited and want to have it in their signature. That's all.

Can we all just stop right here at this?
Expedition Everest 2012 Challenger
Caitlin1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-17-2012, 06:42 PM   #33
TaraDactile7
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caitlin1990 View Post
It's not more what you said, it's HOW you said it. You posted that on at least two different threads and just sounded like you were really pissed off about them and came off as a little bratty. I understand why you posted what you did (I haven't been accepted for a PI--yet, hopefully--so I know how it feels to see other people who have been accepted already posting about it), but I'm not going to deny them their happiness by telling them to not put it in their signature. I get that you misunderstood about how the signature coding worked, but even after people tried to explain it to you, you still came off as a little bratty--and that's why people have been so annoyed with their posts.

No one is trying to upset you or anyone else who is pending/hasn't been accepted. They're just excited and want to have it in their signature. That's all.

oh wow. I really wasn't pissed off or upset and my intent wasn't to argue and start drama. I didn't think that me asking people to be considerate of others would come off as "denying their happiness". Although they're apart of the DCP program whether people see their signatures or not so technically, I wasn't denying them of anything. But I'm sorry if I offended anyone. I didn't think it would become such a huge deal. Btw, I only posted it here and somewhere else before I understood how the site works.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:44 PM   #34
TaraDactile7
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caitlin1990 View Post

I also didn't mean to come off as bratty, I just felt like multiple people were jumping down my throat when I hadn't been offensive or rude.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:31 PM   #35
WDWCPALUM03
Mouseketeer

I'm a former campus rep for the CP and I can honestly say there are numerous reasons as to why you may be rejected. Thousands of people apply each semester.

I do agree with the posted who said do not agree to any role that you would not want to do. I know of numerous students who said yes to get accepted and then hated their cp due to job or some that even quit to come home because they thought they could switch jobs.

Good Luck to all! The CP was the best 8 months of my life. My roommates from the program are still my best friend to this day even though we are all spread across the coutry.

10/2011 Pop Century The Trip we dicovered Julia's Obsession with Stitch!
11/2012 POP 11 Days of Disney Fun MNSSHP & MVMCP!

4/2013 11 Days of Flower & Garden!
WDWCPALUM03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:12 AM   #36
Disneyfan421
Earning My Ears

Me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikistitch View Post
No, I felt that with my interviewer as well. She was very clipped and not very warm and rushed through the entire interview and barely gave me time to finish my answers to her questions, and she refused to let me talk about what work location I'd really like. I know work locations are just noted and not guaranteed, but it would have been nice to be able to explain why I wanted in certain locations! When I asked her open ended questions, she answered them in one word answers, and just didn't seem to really care. It was about a 7 minute long interview! She was polite, but I didn't feel a connection with her at all, and I honestly thought I had blown my interview. I did end up getting accepted, and I'm really sorry that you didn't ):

My best advice is to try again for the Spring 2013 semester! You'll have more college under your belt and will hopefully get interviewed by someone new.

.....I just applied to the DCP spring 2013 term and had almost te EXACT same experience. Its not that I felt I bombed my interview/questions but I want given the chance to show who I really am and why I think I'm perfect for the program. The lady I had was the same way, she rushed through it. It lasted maybe 10 minutes. I was expecting/prepared for 20. I had done hours of research on possible questions and wasn't asked 90% of the questions I had expected. She asked me about 1 question per role i was trying to apply for, and she didnt let me tell her why im a good fit for each one. For all she knows i just randomly picked them "just because". She wasnt warm/personable and I felt rushed and pressured.....which only made my voice shaky and Im afraid maybe I talked too fast because I was SO nervous. I know I tripped over some of my words....after I hung up I had a total meltdown and now I'm afraid I blew it. These next 2 weeks will be never ending. I'm panicking. I made it that far to have a bad interview/blow it :,(

Anyone else have this experience? What ended up happening?

....how can they fairly gage your personality/ where to place you. Anybody know their selection process?

Last edited by Disneyfan421; 09-12-2012 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Adding
Disneyfan421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:16 AM   #37
aznshents
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfan421 View Post
.....I just applied to the DCP spring 2013 term and had almost te EXACT same experience. Its not that I felt I bombed my interview/questions but I want given the chance to show who I really am and why I think I'm perfect for the program. The lady I had was the same way, she rushed through it. It lasted maybe 10 minutes. I was expecting/prepared for 20. I had done hours of research on possible questions and wasn't asked 90% of the questions I had expected. She asked me about 1 question per role i was trying to apply for, and she didnt let me tell her why im a good fit for each one. For all she knows i just randomly picked them "just because". She wasnt warm/personable and I felt rushed and pressured.....which only made my voice shaky and Im afraid maybe I talked too fast because I was SO nervous. I know I tripped over some of my words....after I hung up I had a total meltdown and now I'm afraid I blew it. These next 2 weeks will be never ending. I'm panicking. I made it that far to have a bad interview/blow it :,(
Oh man- quite unfortunate to get someone who seems to be in a rush- every interview i've had with Disney Programs/Internships has been with a nice person who has smiled and laughed, whether it was for a CP or PI. I guess I was lucky in that respect.
aznshents is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: