Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2012, 08:18 PM   #16
JapanNerd
Childish College Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
I'm curious what your experience was like at Cinderella's Royal Table. What was it like eating there without kids? Did you get attention from the princesses? Anything special?

I couldn't get into BOG so I booked CRT for my husband and me. I'm hoping he'll enjoy it!
I actually went there for my 21st Birthday. It was really nice. And to answer your question, no kids are ALWAYS there! ALWAYS. It's a hotspot for most families with young girls. And the Princesses pay attention to all of the tables. Trust me, to the characters, everyone important.
Old 09-09-2012, 08:32 PM   #17
baldy6060
Mouseketeer

Went for our honeymoon in May. We also had the best seat in the house. But I'm going against the popular vote on this thread (on most other threads almost everyone would agree). It was a horrible experience. So expensive. Food was awful. Service was the worst at WDW. It was awkward. IF IF IF I ever went back it would be if I have a little girl but at that price I doubt I'd go even then.
baldy6060 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-10-2012, 03:47 PM   #18
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy6060 View Post
Went for our honeymoon in May. We also had the best seat in the house. But I'm going against the popular vote on this thread (on most other threads almost everyone would agree). It was a horrible experience. So expensive. Food was awful. Service was the worst at WDW. It was awkward. IF IF IF I ever went back it would be if I have a little girl but at that price I doubt I'd go even then.

Oh! If we are talking about just the price/food quality.... then CRT wouldn't rate very high. The food is decent, but nothing to write home about. the price is expensive, but in all honesty, I think it's pretty much understood that you aren't paying for the food, but for the location and the chance to meet the princesses.

As for the Service, I honestly think that could be one of those good times and bad times situations you could have at almost any restaurant. There can be so many factors from a bad server, to the kitchen having a bad day which can impact the server's ability to provide "quality service" (harder to blame the kitchen when everything is so 'magical'.... the server getting stuck with a high-maintenance table or large group that doesn't give them the oportunity to properly take care of their other tables.... or sometimes, it could even be a case of someone calling off resulting in others needing to extend themselves more than normal to cover all the tables. (don't know how Disney handles this.... do they keep "spares" scheduled to rotate around the restaurants as needed?)
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:30 AM   #19
LWatson
I Still Do!!!!

Hubby and I are considering going to Disney for Valentine day (oh I know we are behind schedule if we are...way behind), and CRT has an opening. But, so does Akershus which we have done b4 and loved (alone). It's hard to pick.

Feb 2009-Shades of Green R&R, Nov 2009-All Star Sports Welcome Home, May 2010-Shades of Green,Jan 2011-POP Boy's Birthday Trip
April 2012- Shades of Green Vow Renewal/POP Welcome Home, Feb 2013-Universal/Disney 10yr Anniversary Getaway at Westgate Lakes and Spa
LWatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:31 PM   #20
nblake05
Mouseketeer

DH and I are child free and did not feel weird at all about being there sans kids! The princesses give everyone equal time...in fact I think we tend to get some extra time with characters because we like to take "fun" photos and I think the characters enjoy interacting with adults who play along and are in the whole suspension of reality thing. That being said, I think I can safely say, when it comes to CRT, we've "been there, done that.". We always use the deluxe dining plan so it costs us 2 TS credits each. We don't mind that all, but the food is not all that good. In fact, it was kinda gross.... and VERY heavy, especially in FL heat! The service is ok at best. At first we, too, felt rushed (borderline unwelcome), but as our server got to know us, things improved. It is something I'm definitely glad we experienced (we can say we dined in a castle!).... But there are definitely better dining options, food and service wise, elsewhere (especially for the price point). It is all about if you want the "experience" vs. quality. But the kid thing is truly a non-issue!

Laughter is timeless.Imagination has no age. And dreams are forever.--Walt Disney
nblake05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:53 AM   #21
disneysunshine85
Mouseketeer

Yes... My cousin (23) and I (26) went to CRT in May and had a blast. The princesses were awesome!!!
disneysunshine85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:18 PM   #22
MyMuse
From here...to there!

Location: North NJ (I don't know any Sopranos! or Real Housewives!)

Smile

I went there a couple of years ago solo; got a table overlooking Fantasyland (not like they can place me at a big table in the middle, right? ).

I had excellent service, the princesses were very gracious, the fmaily next to me took all my pictures, the food was so-so. Obviously it is geared toward kids, but I had a good time.

I plan to go back with my goddaughter soon.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:57 PM   #23
2010_Bride
DIS Veteran

DH and I went two years ago on our honeymoon!
We had a great time and we were included by each of the princesses. You'll have a great time

2010_Bride is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:14 AM   #24
Starclassic
‎"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." ~Walt Disney

My BF and I went in February, and had a great time! We didn't have to ask for a wand and sword, they just gave them to us. And the Princesses spent plenty of time with us.

Feb.2012 ASMu, Feb.2013 ASMu, Feb.2015 Pop

Starclassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:39 PM   #25
Marillawen
Earning My Ears

Talking

Hi!

My boyfriend, his mother, my mother and I went to WdW this february and we went to the Castle for dinner. The food was good! Definately not -great- but good. We didn't feel ackward at all (In fact we never felt ackward being a bunch of adult geeking out, being total princess/Fairies fangirls and acting like kids during the whole stay!) and we didn't feel rush. On the other hand, we did have a reservation at 9:30 pm so...yeah.

I think one of the first rules going to Walt Disney World is: Never. Feel. Ashamed. Or too old.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:04 PM   #26
pixie08
DIS Veteran

My Dh and I have been 2x, both without kids. Once was breakfast and once lunch. I should say we had a much better experience at breakfast. We thought lunch was so-so and only one character came up to us the whole hour. We like the ambience and dh could care less about the characters (he does it for me) so we were ok, but for the price I assume most people would expect the character interaction. Breakfast was great though and I enjoyed the food.

pixie08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:08 PM   #27
Sweettears
50 years of Disney and counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
I'm curious what your experience was like at Cinderella's Royal Table. What was it like eating there without kids? Did you get attention from the princesses? Anything special?

I couldn't get into BOG so I booked CRT for my husband and me. I'm hoping he'll enjoy it!
I went with my 22 year old daughter a few years ago. It was a blast. We actually had more interaction than I would have expected. They actually seemed to enjoy the break of interacting with adults. Wouldn't have missed it.
Sweettears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:00 PM   #28
boswellnakia
Oh great Ding King, just one more--trip, please?

I went on Christmas morning by myself as it was a solo trip. I was definitely the minority there, a single, old man. But I got my sword and pictures with the princesses anyway

2011: Jan AsMusic, DCL Dream Spring Break, and POP Christmas at Disney!
2010: Dec AsSports and MVMCP
2009: Feb AsMu, Jan WL, July DCL and Epcot
2008: Mar Pop
2007: Jan offsite, Apr As-S, Apr Offsite, Jun As-S
2006: Jan offsite, Apr AsMo/CBR, Apr POR, Oct CSR MNSSHP
Dec 05 MVMVP at CS/AK
Oct 05 YES, Sheraton Safari
May 05 Quality Inn Suites
Jul 04 WL
boswellnakia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:20 PM   #29
Trish.Glenn
Mouseketeer

We were there last week just DH and I. We did not feel awkward for not having children, rushed and disappointed that we felt. I am glad I went because I always wanted to, the princesses were great but other than that no thank you. Food was just okay and we felt super rushed and we had a 900 pm ressie. Very disappointed
2001 - Disney Cruise (Eastern)
2003 - Disney Cruise (Western)
2006 - Off property
2008 - Off property
2009 - Off property
2011 - Coronado
2012 - Pop
Trish.Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:18 AM   #30
vlproud
Earning My Ears

We ate there on Valentine's Day a few hours after my fiance proposed to me. All the princesses were very nice and spent time with us. They asked about the proposal and took pictures showing off my ring and also took pictures with my fiance. We had a great time and it was nice to relax and look at the view of the park from our window seating. The food was good too. My fiance had been there years ago and he said the food was good but not as good as previously. Also there's no alcohol in MK so no wine with dinner.
vlproud is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: