Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-11-2012, 09:08 PM   #11
bubba's mom
Proud Redhead
DIS Cast Member
The Tag Fairy knows you as more than just "Wife of Eric Roberts--XM Spy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I have to ask, since I have the same fuji camera...I know we are supposed to do something after having it in water...Do we rinse it or soak it to get the salt off? I haven't used it in water for over a year, and even then I didn't use it IN the water too much. This time I plan to snorkel and bring it along too.
Do NOT do anything to the camera after snorkeling!!! This has actually been a topic of discussion since I got home this year w/ keishashadow. She rinses her water cameras and does everything according to directions, and they don't last but a couple years for her.

I use ours EVERY summer in the ocean and NEVER rinse it, and I've never had 1 problem with it (you watch...I just jinxed myself ) Never had a salt 'residue' or anything...actually, sometimes the worst problem is a water droplet ON the lens and I don't notice it until I look at the picture on my computer! So, if there's an ABOVE water picture you really want, take a few (it's actually easier to see what you're shooting at under the water )

I'm unsure what your directions may be to take care of your camera, but I certainly would NOT open it and rinse anything inside. After all...it's sealed and not supposed to get wet inside.

Good luck with yours
bubba's mom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: