Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2012, 10:40 AM   #271
UGAFan0829
DIS Veteran

I'm baaack! Sorry I've been such a slacker lately...like you, the end of last month and this month has been really busy!

I am indeed getting super excited about the race coming up.

Aaaah, your afternoon back at the resort sounds heavenly, especially the pool time! I too, love swimming!

I'm glad y'all were able to get a nap in there. I can't imagine how refreshing that was!

I can't believe Alex was so sneaky with your Mom about DTD! I love going there too, but I do agree that it can be tiring. All the walking is a lot, but even fighting the crowds can sometimes be a task by itself!

I'm so glad y'all were able to get the Kona reservation moved!

And I sure hope those dreary looking clouds didn't end up raining on y'alls parade!
Old 09-10-2012, 11:24 AM   #272
amazingact21
Upendi

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGAFan0829 View Post
I'm baaack! Sorry I've been such a slacker lately...like you, the end of last month and this month has been really busy!

I am indeed getting super excited about the race coming up.

Aaaah, your afternoon back at the resort sounds heavenly, especially the pool time! I too, love swimming!

I'm glad y'all were able to get a nap in there. I can't imagine how refreshing that was!

I can't believe Alex was so sneaky with your Mom about DTD! I love going there too, but I do agree that it can be tiring. All the walking is a lot, but even fighting the crowds can sometimes be a task by itself!

I'm so glad y'all were able to get the Kona reservation moved!

And I sure hope those dreary looking clouds didn't end up raining on y'alls parade!
Hey, I wondered if I'd see you on the boards before your race! I wanted to make sure I wished you well! I know we're both looking forward to the end of September! Did you say you were going to the Halloween party? I can't remember...if so, which day are you attending? I'm not going, but I might be in the park from 4-7ish, and if you'll be there, I'll keep my eyes peeled!

Those naps were neccessary, and I think we all felt a million times better afterwards.

Fighting the DTD crowds can be work! I think sometimes it's just easier walking around a park than trying to scoot between folks to see something on display or get to a new part of the store.

Current Reports:Let's Watch the Hallucination Show on the Castle -A May '14 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 TR/December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-10-2012, 11:33 AM   #273
amazingact21
Upendi

The Didn't Even Card Me

Wow, I am sorry it’s been so long since I updated this TR. Like I said in my last update, this is a crazy time of the year for me, but it’s starting to wind down now, so I should have more free time available to me. Alex’s parents are coming back for a visit the 17th-18th, so I’ll be M.I.A. around those few days, but then I’m sure I’ll be back on the DISboards, preparing for my upcoming weekend trip. I can’t believe by the end of the month I’ll be back on Main Street!

May 6th Evening:

My mom, Alex, and I were leaving Downtown Disney, watching the sky closely, worried the heavens were about to open up and leave us walking in the rain. Our GPS took us a really weird way out of DTD, and we ended up driving by Fort Wilderness and POR and a few other resorts.

I’d never been on that road before, so it was kind of nice seeing the entrances to some of the moderates and deluxes. Plus, it took us past the ticket window entrance into the MK area, so we didn’t have to stop, show our KTTW card, and merge with a bunch of other vehicles.

Always a plus!

When Alex parked our car in the TTC parking lot, we all looked ominously at the sky.

The storm was rolling in very quickly, and being native Floridians, we were all more worried about the lightning that was starting to show up. The rain we could deal with. Being out in the open with lightening in the nearby sky was another story.

We practically ran across the walkway.

Thankfully, we made it to the resort monorail ramp and trekked up it without catching any rain. Luck was on our side that night!

And with the weather not as much of an issue anymore, I could stop my worrying and take a peek over at our destination.

Oh man….eating at the Polynesian AND attending Magic Kingdom Extra Magic Hours…it was going to be one heck of a night.

Does everyone get that thrill of excitement and anticipation whenever you are about to do your favorite thing at WDW? If someone asked me what I would do if I only had one day at Disney, my answer would be simple.

Go to Kona Café for dinner, soak up the Polynesian, and then stay in the MK until the wee hours of the morning. (Preferably, with walk-on lines at Pirates and Thunder.)

I could just tell that I was going to have a great time. Up until that point in the trip, I had done things I’d enjoyed (there’s really nothing at WDW that I dislike doing and each place holds a different soft spot in my heart) but now I was about to do things I LOVED.

When we got to Kona, they were running a little behind, so we killed some time perusing the shops and lobby. Why yes, we had indeed just done this same thing the morning before, but when it comes to me and the Poly, I can’t get enough.

I discover new finds and details every single time I’m there.

Alex and I did a Vinylmation trade:

And my mom and I went into the art shop on the ground floor. All the artwork was so gorgeous, and I wished I could own one of the pieces.

The three of us stood around for about ten minutes; our lunches had finally worn off and we were definitely ready for some food!

We were eventually seated at a table right next to the one we’d eaten at the day before.

Can you tell I was having a good time? I had my Pirates shirt on and was ready to dive into some steak and Hawaiian Bread!

Being 3 responsible adults, we all decided to order an adult beverage with our dinner. I should say that none of us are really drinkers. Alex and I only do it on special occasions and when we’re on vacation. (Other than one we’d had at home, the last time we drank was on our cruise that previous October.) So trust me when I say that this was way out of the norm for us.

We were being adventurous!

I got a Pina Colada

And I believed my purchase was completely worth it solely for the cup. On one side, it had a frowning tiki face, and on the other the tiki face was smiling. (I began the night with the angry face, and when the drink was almost done, I switched it to smiling.)

My mom got the Island Sunset, which was a pineapple/passionfruit drink. She said it reminded her a lot of the juice you can get at breakfast.

Alex got the Magical Star, which came with a light-up cube. (Because my husband is a big kid, if you didn’t already know.) He did, in fact, take the cube with him, and it now resides in one of our kitchen cabinets, along with the lightup cup we got on Pirates night aboard the Disney Magic.

Everyone was happy with their drink choice, and we all talked and laughed as we chowed down on this amazing bread:

Hawaiian Bread with a macadamia nut butter. It’s absolutely amazing, and I’d go to Kona just to get that bread.

My mother ordered the coconut almond chicken:

I’ve had this dish before, and while the chicken is delicious, I wasn’t a fan of the greens that came with it. They tasted a little bitter to me. But my mom absolutely loved it, and up until that point, it was her favorite meal. (That changed the following day, but for now it ranked number 1 in her book.)

Alex and I got our normal: the teriyaki steak with rice and broccolini:

The food did not disappoint, it was as juicy and tender as we’d remembered it in our minds, and I was thoroughly happy.

Dessert time came around, and we were given the booklet to look through:

And that’s when I discovered something a little disheartening.

My white chocolate cheesecake had been removed from the menu!

Oh no!

Their cheesecake was splendid, something I raved about for hours after I left the restaurant. I was mightily looking forward to sinking my teeth into that sweet concoction, but alas, it wasn’t in the cards for me that night.

Alex went with his usual, Kilauea Torte, minus the fruit topping inside and out.

My mother chose the Pineapple Upside Down Cake, to which she said was, “Okay.”

With my number 1 draft pick out of commission that season, I had to enter unfamiliar territory and pick something new. I seriously debated going with the Torte, as well, but I just wasn’t in a chocolate mood.

So, I decided on the Kona Coffee Panna Cotta:

And unfortunately, I was not a fan. To me, it had a weird taste, like it was trying to be bitter and creamy at the same time.

So I struck out with dessert, but everything else was a home run. As long as Kona serves the Hawaiian bread and the steak, Alex and I will return.

Poor Ohana’s, we’ve never ventured over there before, because we just can’t give up a dinner at Kona on our trips.

Maybe one day in the future we’ll stay at the Polynesian and can go to both places one week.

In my dreams, right?

The only complaint I could have with the dinner was that our waiter was really, really slow. I’m a patient person, and I don’t like to be rushed during my meals, but this poor guy took a bit too long between visits.
The three of us had finished our desserts and drinks and were waiting for the check by about 9:30. Ten minutes prior to that I had told Alex and my mom that if we hustled, we could get downstairs to the beach in time for Wishes.

Well, we walked out of the restaurant at 9:50. Like I said, I’m a patient person, but waiting 20 minutes for a check was a tad bit too lengthy.

However, I was in Disney. I’d just ate at one of my “home” restaurants. I was relaxed. And best of all, I knew we had enough time to make it for the fireworks. I let the incident slide off my back, but I do hope the next time I go to Kona that doesn’t happen again.

It was time to walk down to the beach!

The resort was playing a video on a blowup screen right in the middle of the beach, so we walked a little to right, and Alex brought over a lounge chair and set it down in the grass next to the sidewalk.

We were ready to see some fireworks!

And the timing actually couldn’t have been better. No sooner had we settled ourselves in than we saw the fireworks from the Magic, the Memories, and You going off.

Our great night was continuing on strong and steady, leaving me full of the magic of Disney.

Up Next...Make a Wish and Do as Dreamers Do

Past Reports:December 2013 TR/December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
Old 09-10-2012, 12:53 PM   #274
UGAFan0829
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
Hey, I wondered if I'd see you on the boards before your race! I wanted to make sure I wished you well! I know we're both looking forward to the end of September! Did you say you were going to the Halloween party? I can't remember...if so, which day are you attending? I'm not going, but I might be in the park from 4-7ish, and if you'll be there, I'll keep my eyes peeled!

Those naps were neccessary, and I think we all felt a million times better afterwards.

Fighting the DTD crowds can be work! I think sometimes it's just easier walking around a park than trying to scoot between folks to see something on display or get to a new part of the store.
I didn't mean to be gone so long...I've just been such a slacker lately!

We are going to the Halloween Party--on the 30th. Is that when you'll be there? We're planning to get to the park right around 4, so that would be awesome if we could meet up there!
Old 09-10-2012, 12:56 PM   #275
UGAFan0829
DIS Veteran

What a wonderful evening! I'm so glad the rain held off!

Sadly, I have to say that we've only eaten Kona once, and that was for breakfast. I've been meaning to try it, but we just haven't yet. I think we feel the same way about 'Ohana that you do about Kona...it's hard to give up those pot stickers and noodles!

I had to laugh about Alex's glow cube! I actually have one in our cabinet from a drink I got at 'Ohana...of course I couldn't drink it because the liquor was so strong after I'd asked them to please got light...but it was really cool to look at anyway!

Maybe your waiter knew what he was doing after all since the timing was perfect! lol!

I can't wait to hear about the rest of the night!
Old 09-10-2012, 03:56 PM   #276
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

The resort monorail makes me so happy! I've never eaten at Kona, but I totally understand your excitement!

Hahaha, what is going on in that picture of your mom? Is she holding something? There is some kind of floating... something... right in front of her! I'm rather confused.

Sorry you didn't enjoy your dessert, but I'm glad the rest of your meal was great! That bread looks BEAUTIFUL. Yum.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:36 PM   #277
wakica
DIS Veteran

We had that storm at World Showcase. Luckily it was short lived. Fierce when it came down but short so that was ok

Looks like it was a good night with some good food I'm sorry your fave dessert was cut from the menu Never a good thing when they don't have what your expecting and looking forward to having.

The Kona bread looked YUMMY!!! I haven't even heard of that and I was IN Kona a few times!! LOL. I must try it some day Thanks for informing me of it's existence!!!

Me dh dd(16)
Old 09-11-2012, 08:27 AM   #278
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Oooohhh Kona for dinner looks pretty awesome! I can't wait to, as you say, "Go to Kona Café for dinner, soak up the Polynesian, and then stay in the MK until the wee hours of the morning." myself!
Old 09-11-2012, 10:03 AM   #279
MEK
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you had a great meal, with the exception of the slow service. I am OK with 90 minute TS meals. Once it gets past that I start getting antsy and I just want to get going, so I know how you feel. I do love Kona. It's always a fun and tasty meal.

At least you were able to catch the fireworks from the beach. We did that on our last night in June and it was really wonderful. I love that vantage point.

Looking forward to seeing how long you last in the MK.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 09-11-2012, 04:46 PM   #280
Elleshoodat
DIS Veteran

I've been resisting Kona, but your meals look amazing! Especially that bread -- I am a sucker for carbs.

Thanksgiving 1988, Offsite * June 1991, Beach Club * Easter 1995, Dixie Landings * June 1999, All-Star Movies * Easter 2005, Offsite * September 2007, Caribbean Beach * October 2008, Lake Buena Vista Best Western * May 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * October 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * April 2010, Port Orleans French Quarter * May 2012, Port Orleans French Quarter (Read our trip report here!) * October 2013, Wilderness Lodge
Old 09-12-2012, 11:27 AM   #281
amazingact21
Upendi

Quote:
I didn't mean to be gone so long...I've just been such a slacker lately!

We are going to the Halloween Party--on the 30th. Is that when you'll be there? We're planning to get to the park right around 4, so that would be awesome if we could meet up there!
I'm not sure whether we'll be there the 28th or the 30th. Honestly, since we only have 2 full days we decided to kind of play it by ear, that way we could do everything we wanted at that time. However, I'm bringing a tablet with me and now that the resorts have wifi, I can get on the disboards if I'm going to be there and let you know!

Quote:
What a wonderful evening! I'm so glad the rain held off!

Sadly, I have to say that we've only eaten Kona once, and that was for breakfast. I've been meaning to try it, but we just haven't yet. I think we feel the same way about 'Ohana that you do about Kona...it's hard to give up those pot stickers and noodles!

I had to laugh about Alex's glow cube! I actually have one in our cabinet from a drink I got at 'Ohana...of course I couldn't drink it because the liquor was so strong after I'd asked them to please got light...but it was really cool to look at anyway!

Maybe your waiter knew what he was doing after all since the timing was perfect! lol!

I can't wait to hear about the rest of the night!

Haha, maybe one day we'll branch out and try the other restaurants. I've heard so many amazing reviews of Ohana's that I know the day I eat there is coming!

I find that all adult drinks at Disney are super strong. For a big wimp like me, it's too much. But, yes, the glow cubes amuse me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
The resort monorail makes me so happy! I've never eaten at Kona, but I totally understand your excitement!

Hahaha, what is going on in that picture of your mom? Is she holding something? There is some kind of floating... something... right in front of her! I'm rather confused.

Sorry you didn't enjoy your dessert, but I'm glad the rest of your meal was great! That bread looks BEAUTIFUL. Yum.

Haha, I believe it was the dinner menu. She was probably looking at and out of nowhere I was like, "Mom, smile!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakica View Post
We had that storm at World Showcase. Luckily it was short lived. Fierce when it came down but short so that was ok

Looks like it was a good night with some good food I'm sorry your fave dessert was cut from the menu Never a good thing when they don't have what your expecting and looking forward to having.

The Kona bread looked YUMMY!!! I haven't even heard of that and I was IN Kona a few times!! LOL. I must try it some day Thanks for informing me of it's existence!!!

I'm such a sucker for bread, and Kona's is one of my favorites. and on vacation, I don't feel guilty eating so much of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Oooohhh Kona for dinner looks pretty awesome! I can't wait to, as you say, "Go to Kona Café for dinner, soak up the Polynesian, and then stay in the MK until the wee hours of the morning." myself!

Haha, it is a fun way to spend an evening, if I do say so myself. I'm very jealous that you'll be in there in DAYS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Sounds like you had a great meal, with the exception of the slow service. I am OK with 90 minute TS meals. Once it gets past that I start getting antsy and I just want to get going, so I know how you feel. I do love Kona. It's always a fun and tasty meal.

At least you were able to catch the fireworks from the beach. We did that on our last night in June and it was really wonderful. I love that vantage point.

Looking forward to seeing how long you last in the MK.

Normally, I'm fine with long meals. It gives me a chance to rest and escape the heat of the day, but by that point I was ready to pay the bill and leave.

I surprised myself with my endurance during MK EMHs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elleshoodat View Post
I've been resisting Kona, but your meals look amazing! Especially that bread -- I am a sucker for carbs.

I know what you mean, bread is so yummy. My problem is I have to control myself, otherwise I'd fill up on that and not be able to finish my entree.

Old 09-13-2012, 09:29 PM   #282
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

The Minnie shirt is very cute!

Glad you got a later ADR at Kona-It's one of my favorites! I always have the steak too--DELISH! However, I've debated that chicken so many times before. I was glad to see a picture of it. It looks pretty good.

LOVE, LOVE watching Wishes from the Poly beach! It's so relaxing! :

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
Old 09-17-2012, 11:49 AM   #283
amazingact21
Upendi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
The Minnie shirt is very cute!

Glad you got a later ADR at Kona-It's one of my favorites! I always have the steak too--DELISH! However, I've debated that chicken so many times before. I was glad to see a picture of it. It looks pretty good.

LOVE, LOVE watching Wishes from the Poly beach! It's so relaxing! :
The chicken is really good. I love the combination of almonds with coconut, and if I could switch the greens out with something else, I'd probably order the entree more often.

Watching Wishes from the beach is great. It's so relaxing!

Old 09-17-2012, 11:56 AM   #284
amazingact21
Upendi

Revenge of the Birds

Whew, Alex’s parents are coming into town sometime today, so I’m trying to pound out a really quick update before I hear the anticipated knocking on the front door.

Before I get back to Disney, though, a small life update.

Friday night, Alex and I attended the military ball thrown by his base.
Here we are all dolled up:

It was nice getting the chance to dress up and look nice for an evening, and it reminded me that the last time I had on something that nice was exactly a year ago, on our cruise aboard the Disney Magic. It flabbergasts me a little bit to think that it’s been over a year since our sailing through the Western Caribbean. Makes me miss the trip incredibly, and I'm very impatient to get to Disney at the end of the month!

May 6th Night:

Having found a nice little spot along the sidewalk of the Poly, my mom, Alex, and I waited for Wishes to begin. Thankfully, the movie that was playing on the big projector was stopped once the show began so we were able to listen to the soundtrack.

Ahhh, WISHES!

Wouldn’t it be nice to be able to watch this every night? I think I’d be the happiest girl on earth if I could.

I thought I was going to start tearing up when the finale drew near, only because I was so happy, and I didn’t want the show to end. But the tears held off; I can’t say the same for my singing, though.

I was glad I was able to catch Wishes from the Poly with Alex before he left. Watching the fireworks has been something neither of us has ever missed on a trip. Ever! And it was a relief that the tradition wasn’t going to be broken simply because he was leaving the following night.

Plus, it gave my mom a chance to watch the show at peace before I threw her into the mayhem that is Main Street.

That would come later…

Throughout the show, my mom was highly amused by the other guests sitting around us. I guess there was a group of kids playing in the sand on the beach, and they had zero interest in the fireworks. It was their parents who were enthralled and kept telling their young ones to be quiet and not bother them.

How ironic…

Once Wishes was over, the three of us walked over to the docks and utilized the resort ferry.

How can you NOT have a smile on your face after Wishes?

We boarded with a handful of other people and the skipper reminded us all several times to make sure we had our room keys before he set sail. He was a very pleasant man and got all of us excited for our night in MK.

The boat ride over turned out to be extremely pleasant. My mom loved how quiet and calm the whole ordeal was. No hustle and bustle and crowds like the ferry. No fast moving track like the monorail.

This was a first for all of us, and I have to say, it made me love the Polynesian even more. I didn’t think it was possible, but discovering that little gem of transportation made me hopeful that one day I could use it again, only as an official resort guest.

We said goodbye to my beautiful Poly.

And took in the Contemporary:

Sat back and relaxed as we glided along.

And before we knew it, we saw this amazing sight:

Closer…

I had to suppress a laugh when I saw the crowds waiting to leave MK:

I’ve been there way too many times to count, and I know how welcoming the sight of our little ferry boat must have been to those exhausted and spent guests.

As we were disembarking, some of said guests were giving us funny looks. Like, why are the people going TO the park? It’s over, the night’s done. Crazy people.

I stopped in front of the train station to take in all the sights and sounds.

We walked under the tunnel on the right side, because that’s always the side I enter on. And I usually leave on the opposite side. Don’t know why, but it’s become habit, and I don’t even think about it anymore.

The first order of business when we got inside was not to rush the castle and sprint to Pirates and Dole whips. Rather, it was to use the restroom and sit for a bit while the huge wave of people finished their exodus out of the park.

Real exciting, I know.

It was amazing how many people were trying to leave through those two exits.

We plopped a squat in our favorite spot; the tree near Harmony Barber Shop and the Town Hall.

While we were sitting there, talking about what we wanted to do, my mom suddenly jumps up and touches her forehead.

I look over at her and am shocked to see that a bird sitting on one of the branches of the tree had, um, used the bathroom on my mom’s head.

Now, Alex and I tried REALLY REALLY hard not to laugh, especially since my mom looked like she was about to cry. She couldn’t believe she’d just gotten pooped on in the Magic Kingdom.

I took her into the ladies room and used the sink and a lot of paper towels to clean up the mess, and when she came back out there wasn’t a trace of what had just happened.

But still….how can you describe that? I mean, words aren’t enough to express my mother’s face when she realized what had just happened. Nor are there enough adjectives in the dictionary to fully explain the look on the other guests’ faces when they saw what was going on. On one hand, they were highly amused at this little bit of entertainment, on the other they were looking up at the tree going, “Oh thank you, Lord, for not putting that bird in the branch above MY head.”

My poor, poor mother.

She got way more than she bargained for on that night.

But hey, we made a memory, right???

With that whole fiasco out of the way, we decided we’d just battle the crowds and head onto Main Street. For a millisecond, I debated cutting through the shops, but please….Taking Alex into the Emporium is like asking a kid if he wants a whole bag of candy. You know there’s no way they’re going to resist and control themselves. Before you know, the whole bag’s consumed and Alex has spent 2 hours perusing the shelves.

No, fighting the crowds was a much smarter choice.

Plus, how can you resist seeing the Castle all lit up?

I don’t think you can even tell in this picture that half of my mom’s hair is soaking wet.

Alex’s picture in front of the castle turned out blurry, so he doesn’t get included in this group. But I will say he was excited and having a great time.

And clearly, so was I:

I mean, I was in the Magic Kingdom…at night! I was about to ride all my favorites. (Except you, Thunder…) I had found my happy place, and I wasn’t leaving until they either kicked me out or I was too tired to stand on my own two legs.

Let’s get this party started!

Up Next…A DISmeet!

Old 09-17-2012, 03:36 PM   #285
UGAFan0829
DIS Veteran

Wow, this night just keeps better and better! I love it! I have to say I was so relaxed by seeing the pics and reading your lovely description of the boat ride over to MK! I'm sure it was nice to see all those people leaving the park while y'all were about to enter!!

Ok, I really tried not to laugh, but bless your Mom's heart, that was funny and terrible at the same time. And of all places to be and get pooped on! I can totally feel her pain though...when Mike and I were in the AK back in 2007, I somehow got pooped on by a bird and it landed on the bottom of my shirt. I didn't even realize it till I swiped my arm across my shirt and felt something wet. I was totally grossed out when I realize what it was. Needless to say, I took off like a bullet to the nearest restroom while Mike just rolled. I still curse those darn AK birds on every visit!

Oh, and lastly--great pic of you and Alex going to the ball-you look great together!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: