DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2012, 02:12 AM   #31
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmithmd View Post
Anyone have experience for 2nd or 3rd week of June for a 1 or 2 bedroom? Thinking of the 7 month window for 2013. Thanks!
Last year I made a reservation for a studio at 11 months for 2nd weekend of June 2012. At 8 months tried to move it to the 3rd weekend. No dice, had to wait list. I think there were still 1 bedrooms available though. Didn't even look at 2 bedrooms. My wait list came through around 7 months. It was a great weekend despite it being the opening of Carsland.
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 01:45 AM   #32
smidgy
dimples

does anyone know whick fall dates are easiest to get? sept, oct nov? (for a studio)
can you use points for paradise pier or the disneyland hotel?
smidgy is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-09-2012, 06:34 AM   #33
mac_tlc
DIS Veteran

Both times I have tried for a 1bdr at VGC I have been successful at 7 months -- once in July, once in April.

Yesterday (9/8) I checked VGC for 4/7 - 4/14. All types of villas were available for the entire week, studios, 1bdr, 2bdr, grand villas.

mac_tlc
'97 OKW (2), VB , '98 OKW(2), VB
'99 WL, OKW(2) , '00 OKW (2), Magic, VB
'01 DLR (DH), VWL, BWV, Magic
’02 OKW, DLR (DH), Magic (11/30 - NOT), CS , '03 OKW, Magic (11/8), VWL,
'04 CS, OKW (2), '05 OKW, '06 SSR, OKW , '07 VWL, OKW (3), VB
'08 DLR (GC), OKW, '09 SSR, BLT,OKW(3)
'10 AKV, BLT (DD wedding) , '11 OKW, SSR, BLT , '12 VGC, FW, BLT, '13 BLT
mac_tlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 07:20 PM   #34
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy View Post
does anyone know whick fall dates are easiest to get? sept, oct nov? (for a studio)
can you use points for paradise pier or the disneyland hotel?
You can use DVC points which turn into reservation points for both the Paradise Pier and the DLH. We like staying at the DLH, it was a great use of about-to-expire-points. Nice part about using points is there's no $95 fee to switch them to to reservation points for the DLR properties. However, the point cost has gotten so high lately, its more worthwhile to rent your points out and pay cash for the room if you can.
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:54 PM   #35
hjgaus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by taaren View Post
You can use DVC points which turn into reservation points for both the Paradise Pier and the DLH. We like staying at the DLH, it was a great use of about-to-expire-points. Nice part about using points is there's no $95 fee to switch them to to reservation points for the DLR properties. However, the point cost has gotten so high lately, its more worthwhile to rent your points out and pay cash for the room if you can.
Don't forget - now points can be used @ the Grand Californian Hotel as well!! I still feel it's worthwile for us being locals!
hjgaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:16 AM   #36
Meriweather
Maybe we will have an arrival or two today
Time to share your chocolate!

A couple of years ago, we could only get 2 mid week days in June out of 5. This was at about 6 months out though.

Now I book at 11 months always. There aren't that many units!
I have not had a problem with Sun-Fri...............that is our usual stay. Any month.
But I tried just Monday to get a Sat. night in Aug (at exactly the 11 month mark)..........this is for a studio...........and there were all gone already.
There were 1 and 2 bedrooms though.

So I think it just depends.

Meriweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:45 AM   #37
Reddog1134
DIS Veteran

I got a studio for 9 nights in May at the 7 month mark with no problem.

Of course, that was 2010 BC (Before Carsland).
Old 09-11-2012, 11:48 AM   #38
karrit2000
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meriweather View Post
A couple of years ago, we could only get 2 mid week days in June out of 5. This was at about 6 months out though.

Now I book at 11 months always. There aren't that many units!
I have not had a problem with Sun-Fri...............that is our usual stay. Any month.
But I tried just Monday to get a Sat. night in Aug (at exactly the 11 month mark)..........this is for a studio...........and there were all gone already.
There were 1 and 2 bedrooms though.

So I think it just depends.
Did you by chance try to book the Saturday night of the D23 Expo? I started by booking for a week beginning August 1st. Two days later I checked availability & cancelled my original reservation and rebooked with a new Saturday arrival date. On Friday I called MS and had them add the additional 4 nights I wanted. When I checked yesterday the entire weekend is unavailable now for a studio. I got shut out of that weekend last year so I knew I had to book it as soon as possible this time around. I may end up shortening my trip by a couple of days but at least I have all my possible dates covered for now without having to move like I did last year.
Old 09-11-2012, 02:04 PM   #39
joelnkelly
Mouseketeer

We were able to book a 2-bedroom at seven months without any hiccups. This ended up being the same week as the Carsland opening so it was a pretty cool week to visit disneyland.

This was our first trip out there and we cant wait to go back.
joelnkelly is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: