Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2012, 01:19 PM   #1
WA Kimmi
Earning My Ears

Leaving tomorrow need advice, whine a bit LoL

Hi all, we are flying out tomorrow to DL. We are celebrating our 18th anniversary and it is hubby's and DS (17-ASD) first time to DL. This is DD(10) and my second to DL. I am just so overwhelmed right now. DS is feeling under the weather, I think it is just cold with his allergies acting up. He is now saying he doesn't want to fly and go to DL. I am just so tired and feel bad. I just told him he had to choice and we are going tomorrow. It isn't like DL is just down the street and it doesn't work that way.

Well after his little tantrum and being called a "mean Mommy" I am just done. This was supposed to be our big family trip to the happiest place on earth and I am just not feeling it. I am giving him some time to cool off. Any advice? I am just exhausted and emotional right now. Thanks for listening.

Very tired Kimmi in WA
WA Kimmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 02:52 PM   #2
LockShockBarrel
Pudge controls the weather.

Maybe this is one of the cases were bribery is called for? I've flown with sinus issues before and it was brutal, my head was in agony so I'd say be prepared with allergy meds and ibuprofen at least. Could you talk to him when he's calmed down a bit and offer a little added incentive? I'd also say just be prepared to maybe take it a little slower than you might have planned, and be prepared that he may snap while you're there and really there's just nothing you can do about it. I'm sure you know what it's like to be pushed into something when you don't feel good, so he probably feels the same way, but he might perk up once you get there. Just take it as it comes, you'll be fine
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade...but without water and sugar your lemonade is gonna suck.Shut up Brain or I'll poke you with a Qtip!Legally, it's questionable. Morally, disgusting. Personally, I like it!The way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Stab in and thrust upward.

Trip Report Jan 2011: Viva Verde! http://http://www.disboards.com/show...0#post39571060
TRIP REPORT SEPT 2012How do I Flush This? Squared!http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2993886

Feb 2007 Pop Century, Oct 2008 Pop Century, Jan 2011 Old Key West, Sept 12 Pop Century
LockShockBarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-09-2012, 05:51 PM   #3
WA Kimmi
Earning My Ears

You are right. Thanks for posting. I think I am just more upset that I really want him to have a good experience and just worried. I just need to take a step back and breathe. Bribery is good too. Maybe a quick trip to GameStop will work. LoL

Kimmi
Old 09-09-2012, 06:05 PM   #4
LockShockBarrel
Pudge controls the weather.

Well he's at the age where it's going to start being that no matter what you do, if he wants to be in a snit, he will be. I do think this is probably just "I don't feel good and I'm going to take it out in whatever way presents itself whether it's really what's bothering me or not." I think the best thing is to find the balance, not pushing him where he'll get crankier than need be, but not coddling and sacrificing everyone else's time and fun for him.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade...but without water and sugar your lemonade is gonna suck.Shut up Brain or I'll poke you with a Qtip!Legally, it's questionable. Morally, disgusting. Personally, I like it!The way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Stab in and thrust upward.

Trip Report Jan 2011: Viva Verde! http://http://www.disboards.com/show...0#post39571060
TRIP REPORT SEPT 2012How do I Flush This? Squared!http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2993886

Feb 2007 Pop Century, Oct 2008 Pop Century, Jan 2011 Old Key West, Sept 12 Pop Century
LockShockBarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:11 AM   #5
Cactus girl
Earning My Ears

I think every trip we have ever taken to DL had someone with a sinus issue. On our last trip one even had the flu. I would just make sure we put in at least 30 min of "down time" every 2 hours. That included MANY drawing lessons at AA, Aladin (burns 45 min in air conditioning), some sit down meals and even a visit with Mr. Lincoln. Pirates is also very long and a great sit down activity for those under the weather.

I've also learned that the family takes cues from mom. If I keep talking about how fun this is, how exciting, and just exude the magic, the others tend to eventually fall in line.

Plus, on another note, Radiator Springs Rocks and the World of Color is amazing. You can do it and it will be fun!
Cactus girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:32 AM   #6
WA Kimmi
Earning My Ears

Thanks so much for replies. We are here and hubby and kids left to ride RSR. I am in the fast pass line so we can come back to ride later if he liked it. So excited for our adventure. As soon as we walked in, DS had to stop and rest for a minute. He saud he had never seen "so many people" LoL

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: