Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  


Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-07-2012, 03:14 PM   #1
WDWFWfan
Dreaming of Disney...
 
WDWFWfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Wherever I lay my head.
Posts: 535

Using ME to meet family at MCO?

I am driving to Pop Century to check-in on Oct. 4th for our vacation, the rest of the family is flying down the 5th to meet me. I wanted to take ME to the airport to surprise them and then ride back with them to the resort. Is this possible?

I told the CM who took our reservation that I wanted to do this and he indicated that it shouldn't be a problem, but now I am wondering how am I going to get to MCO if I don't have a flight confirmation? And it is actually two weeks before we officially check out? Will they let me "catch a ride?"

Also, we haven't received our vouchers yet...should I call or just wait?
__________________
Fort Wilderness - 2010,2009, 2007, 2005, 2002, 1996, 1992,
Pop Century - 2011


WDWFWfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 03:27 PM   #2
vicki_c
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 23,592

You can probably work that out, but then you wouldn't be able to take ME back to the airport at the end of your trip, as far as I know. So unless you don't need ME, I don't think that's going to work.
__________________
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-07-2012, 03:34 PM   #3
WDWFWfan
Dreaming of Disney...
 
WDWFWfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Wherever I lay my head.
Posts: 535

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicki_c View Post
You can probably work that out, but then you wouldn't be able to take ME back to the airport at the end of your trip, as far as I know. So unless you don't need ME, I don't think that's going to work.
No one in our family is flying home, they will be riding back with me in the car. I only need transportation for "check-in" and my trip to meet the family. Sorry...I should have made that clear.
__________________
Fort Wilderness - 2010,2009, 2007, 2005, 2002, 1996, 1992,
Pop Century - 2011


WDWFWfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 03:46 PM   #4
sam_gordon
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 10,084

I *THINK* this will work. As I understand it, all WDW guests are entitled to two rides on ME, one from the airport, one to the airport. What I don't know is whether the rides a) need to be on different days, b) can be done in the middle of your stay, or c) can be done in "reverse".

Call ME and explain. They MIGHT ask for flight numbers, in which case, grab some off an airlines website.

Good luck!
__________________
Freedom W. Caribbean June 15 - June 22, 2014 Video
Oasis W. Caribbean June 8 - June 15, 2014 Review
Barcelo Maya Palace June 29-July 6, 2012
Bay Lake Towers, WDW June 1 - June 6, 2011
Polynesian, WDW Dec. 29, 2008 - Jan. 3, 2009
Wilderness Lodge, WDW, June 2005
Polynesian, WDW Sept. 7 - Sept. 14, 2001
Caribbean Beach, June 1993
sam_gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 04:12 PM   #5
WDWFWfan
Dreaming of Disney...
 
WDWFWfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Wherever I lay my head.
Posts: 535

Does anyone have the phone number?
__________________
Fort Wilderness - 2010,2009, 2007, 2005, 2002, 1996, 1992,
Pop Century - 2011


WDWFWfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 04:27 PM   #6
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 4,366

I believe the phone # is 866 599 0951. Good Luck!!
stitchlovestink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:34 AM   #7
WDWFWfan
Dreaming of Disney...
 
WDWFWfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Wherever I lay my head.
Posts: 535

Just a heads up for anybody who need to try this...just called ME and they said that I could only ride if I was actually flying into Orlando.
__________________
Fort Wilderness - 2010,2009, 2007, 2005, 2002, 1996, 1992,
Pop Century - 2011


WDWFWfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 03:37 PM   #8
tjmw2727
Enjoys "mom and me" trips
May just have to dance!
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 9,233

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWFWfan View Post
Just a heads up for anybody who need to try this...just called ME and they said that I could only ride if I was actually flying into Orlando.
Unfortunately they gave you incorrect informatoin , we have taken DME to and from the airport with out flights many times. There is absloutely no requirement that you fly into or out of MCO to use DME. You do have to be a registered WDW resort guest on the day you want to travel and you do have to make an advance reservation.

Most of the DME agents can make your DME reservation without a flight nubmer, if they know how and want to !! Some DME rep's can't (or won't!) and the Resort CM's can't. In this case you can just find a flight to anywhere that leaves the airport about two hours after you want to leave the resort.

You can call DME again and hope for a more knoweldable CM or you can find a flight to anywhere that leaves the airport about the time you want to arrive. DME will pick you up about 2 hours prior to "flight" time.

Or you can realx at the pool and wait for the party to arrive
__________________


TJ
tjmw2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:23 AM   #9
WDWFWfan
Dreaming of Disney...
 
WDWFWfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Wherever I lay my head.
Posts: 535

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjmw2727 View Post
Unfortunately they gave you incorrect informatoin , we have taken DME to and from the airport with out flights many times. There is absloutely no requirement that you fly into or out of MCO to use DME. You do have to be a registered WDW resort guest on the day you want to travel and you do have to make an advance reservation.

Most of the DME agents can make your DME reservation without a flight nubmer, if they know how and want to !! Some DME rep's can't (or won't!) and the Resort CM's can't. In this case you can just find a flight to anywhere that leaves the airport about two hours after you want to leave the resort.

You can call DME again and hope for a more knoweldable CM or you can find a flight to anywhere that leaves the airport about the time you want to arrive. DME will pick you up about 2 hours prior to "flight" time.

Or you can realx at the pool and wait for the party to arrive
Thanks, I may try again. Based upon your response I am now wondering...can I book a trip from the resort back to the airport without contacting DME?
__________________
Fort Wilderness - 2010,2009, 2007, 2005, 2002, 1996, 1992,
Pop Century - 2011


WDWFWfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:01 AM   #10
sam_gordon
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 10,084

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWFWfan View Post
Thanks, I may try again. Based upon your response I am now wondering...can I book a trip from the resort back to the airport without contacting DME?
No. Those are also reserved & scheduled. However, if you need a flight, pick one that's THREE (not the two posted earlier) hours after you want to leave the park.
__________________
Freedom W. Caribbean June 15 - June 22, 2014 Video
Oasis W. Caribbean June 8 - June 15, 2014 Review
Barcelo Maya Palace June 29-July 6, 2012
Bay Lake Towers, WDW June 1 - June 6, 2011
Polynesian, WDW Dec. 29, 2008 - Jan. 3, 2009
Wilderness Lodge, WDW, June 2005
Polynesian, WDW Sept. 7 - Sept. 14, 2001
Caribbean Beach, June 1993
sam_gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:51 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright Š 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.