Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2012, 09:58 AM   #1
DakotaRose
Mouseketeer

WDW Care Package ideas for college student

My oldest just started his freshman year of college. I thought he might get a kick out of getting a care package from WDW when I head down there next month. He doesn't need another t-shirt. I've heard the sour cherry candy from Goofy's are popular. Maybe cologne from Epcot? Any other ideas you can suggest?
Old 08-30-2012, 04:56 PM   #2
Happy Duck
Mouseketeer

As a recent college grad, I can tell you that munchies are fun (and necessary for those late nights) I wouldn't have minded a few Mickey rice krispy treats or some of Minnie's bake shop goodies!

It might be nice to send a few things he might use in his studies, such as a few fun notebooks or pencils. (A Mickey Mouse pencil would have been great fun to take notes with.)

Also, if you plan on sending a few cards to him over the semester, you could take down a few and have some characters sign them ahead of time.

Have fun! I assure you that care packages are much appreciated and this one will certainly be special!

The Wilderness Must be Explored (for 15 days!)- A Mother/Daughter Trip!

April 2013 Trip Report: It's EXHILARATING in the BIG BLUE WORLD!
Happy Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-31-2012, 09:55 AM   #3
Lori1960
Mouseketeer

sending stuff to collge student

I like the idea of the pens get more than one and the cards also get postcards and have the characters sign them.Make sure you get cards sign not just fro his freshman yr of college.You might need to take more than one day cause you dont want to hold up the lines getting the cards sign.I think the beat way is to schedule more than one chartecter meal
Lori1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:32 AM   #4
KeroKero
DIS Veteran

Any of the stationary items sold as souvenirs in the parks would be great for a student. Pens, pencils, Mickey shaped post it notes! I would have loved to receive a package like that while I was away at University.
Aug 1984 - Off Property Aug 1988 - Off Property June 1990 - Off Property Aug 1992 - Port Orleans July 1994 - All Star Sports Sept 1997 - All Star Sports July 1999 - Caribbean Beach (Family Reunion) Dec 2000 - All Star Music (Christmas) May 2002 - Port Orleans Feb 2009 - Pop Century Sept 2011 - Pop Century w/QSDP Sept 2012 - All Star Movies w/DP (Mother Daughter Trip) Jan 2013 - All Star Movies w/QSDP (Mother Daughter Trip 2) Oct 2013 Pop Century w/DP (F&W & MNSSHP) Nov 2014 - All Star Sports w/DP (F&W, MNSSHP & MVMCP)
KeroKero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 04:19 PM   #5
disneydreamerinny
I wish I could make a living planning Disney Vacations...

I LOVE THIS IDEA! I can't believe I didnt think of it!!
I am sooooooo all over this. My DD is a freshman in college this year.
Does anyone know where you can box all of this up and mail it from? (disney property)
Old 09-03-2012, 07:13 PM   #6
DakotaRose
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the responses!! As for packaging, I was going to pick up a flat-rate mailer box from my Post Office and pay for the postage. Then I'll just take the box with me to Florida.
Old 09-04-2012, 02:40 PM   #7
etxmomof2
Earning My Ears

Oh I love this idea too. If I get the flat rate box ready can it be mailed from our resort or do I have to find a post office?
Old 09-08-2012, 05:05 PM   #8
tinkrebell
Disney Daydreamer

When I was in college and visited WDW, I'd always buy myself one of the ridiculously fluffy, feather-laden light-up pens to use in the dark of my least favorite professors' lectures. It may not have been the most politically correct move, but man, did it brighten everyone's day.... :-)
Old 09-11-2012, 06:40 AM   #9
LovesTimone
DIS Veteran

At World of Disney(DTD) they they a whole section with pen's, pencil's, pencil's case's, note books. I think they even have lap top or I -pad skins, which would be fun and functional. Maybe something for her to put up in her room, Like a picture of the family, holding a sign that say's we love you, or miss you, or just something silly, like all wearing funny hat's. Hair things or cute earings.
I would hit up Goofy's Candy shop for some fun treats, On that note you might want to bring along some baggies, to protect everything, also some tissue to keep everything from moving around.

Ohhh one more idea, check out Basin (DTD), they have cute soap's, with Mickey and Minnie in them, I love their lotion.

On the mailing, I think that you can mail from any resort, I mailed a package from the Poly one time. If you have the box and if it fits it ships, you should be fine. Ask at check in they will direct you.

I know she will be super happy to get a Disney care package!!
LovesTimone is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: