Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2012, 08:19 AM   #1
milmore104
My DH is "Dusty Boots"

SW/BG Thanksgiving week?

We are headed to FL for Thanksgiving week and the week after. I am undecided on weither or not we will be doing WDW. I know for sure we are going to SW & BG. My in laws purchased passes to them instead of WDW so we have to go there w/ them. I have never even thought or looked into going to any other park besides WDW so I'm at a lost here. How are they crowd wise? Is it better to go mid week rather than weekends? Or will it matter being Thanksgiving week? Tell me anything and everything about them. Thanks

milmore104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:43 AM   #2
sdwrdt
Mouseketeer

Thanksgiving 2010

We did Discovery Cove Friday after Thanksgiving 2010, then Sea World that night and the next day.

My husband and daughter only did 1 ride and I remember the wait not being too bad. The park didn't seem awful, but that might be because we spent Thanksgiving at Islands of Adventure and were OVERWHELMED by the numbers, especially because it was the year that Harry Potter opened.
Old 09-11-2012, 04:17 AM   #3
KBF
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by milmore104 View Post
We are headed to FL for Thanksgiving week and the week after. I am undecided on weither or not we will be doing WDW. I know for sure we are going to SW & BG. My in laws purchased passes to them instead of WDW so we have to go there w/ them. I have never even thought or looked into going to any other park besides WDW so I'm at a lost here. How are they crowd wise? Is it better to go mid week rather than weekends? Or will it matter being Thanksgiving week? Tell me anything and everything about them. Thanks
The days leading up to Thanskgiving are very slow. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday after Thanksgiving are crowded, but nothing compared to WDW or Universal/IOA. An advantage of going to Seaworld the weekend following Thanksgiving is you will get to experience Seaworld's Christmas celebration. The Christmas celebration is included with park admission and features Christmas decorations, Christmas themed rides, and Christmas themed night shows which are different than the shows you will see during the day. It was voted as the best Christmas experience in Central Florida last year according to some websites. So this year will probably be even better. Worth checking out for sure. You will not get the Christmas celebration the weekdays leading up to Thanksgiving (There will probably be decor but no shows).
KBF is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: