Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-10-2012, 08:27 PM   #12
Amommy21
DIS Veteran

I am almost 40 and have gone to DL since childhood, but it wasn't until the last 10 years that DH and I started reading a lots of books and following tips. And honestly all those years of ignorant bliss were just as wonderful!

I do admit that nowadays people should do some basic research and these are the things I tell friends who are going, but don't want to be overloaded with info:

Arrive at opening. Fast Passes, Baby Swap. Take a back pack with small snacks and water.

Classic and Inexpensive Souvineers to look for: Ears, silhouette's on main street and smashed pennies. (And now Animation Academy)

Snacks: Dole Whip, Mickey Bar, etc.

Restaurants: I give them a few suggestions or run down on what I think they might like.

Rides and Attractions: Info about someting new, something that is special for holidays and things not to miss specific to their party.

I find sometimes it's when people get too caught up in specifics that they end up upset and stressed about their visit. Or upset they can't afford character meals, etc. If your kids don't know about certain things like character meals or whatever no one even knows they are missing out.

And one of the things that makes Disneyland the best place to go to over and over again is the journey and the discovery of what moves you. SO I always try to figure out if it's a once in a life time or a first trip.

Recently my husband really gave his best friend the full run down. In chunks so he could process it, save what he appealed to him.... He went to WDW, still did it "his way" and missed the good stuff and I think his family had more fun at the Nickelodion hotel.

Last edited by Amommy21; 09-10-2012 at 08:34 PM.
Amommy21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: