Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2010, 01:29 PM   #1
msim

Am I crazy?

Has anyone ever rented a home from "Amazing Disney Homes"?

They have some beautiful homes with beautiful prices. They have good reviews on Trip Advisor, but I am soliciting help from you guys. Are they reputable? They seem very friendly and their response time is very quick!

Thanks.
msim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 08:02 PM   #2
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

have not heard of them.

www.vrbo.com - get good reviews

so does windsor hill rental sites

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-23-2010, 11:51 AM   #3
GingerJay
DIS Veteran

The houses do look beautiful, and they are pretty well priced, too. I would be interested to see if anyone has anything to offer on these homes

February 2008: Contemporary Resort
March 2010: Windsor Hills
GingerJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 09:26 PM   #4
SOKO
Earning My Ears

Amazing Disney home

This is our 2nd time renting from Amazing Disney homes. He presents tons of to do things, hints, time saving ideas, directions to and from Disney world, grocery stores and so on so forth and his homes are great! I would highly recommend to rent from him for a Florida vacation.
SOKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 07:25 AM   #5
sympatico
DIS Veteran

According to the tax records they own 6 properties, 5 of which are at the Island Club Resort and the other at Somerset. Island Club is on the west end of 192 off Lindfields Blvd and Somerset is off Poincianna Blvd which is east of Old Town a little.
Lindfields: twice, Lake Davenport, Venice hotel,Oak Plantation, St. Pete's Beach Hilton, Wyndham Cypress Palms, Pink Shell Fort Myers Beach, Liki Tiki Village, Grand Reserve, Rotonda Lakes near Port Charlotte,Windsor Hills: 5 times, Indian Creek (twice), Emerald Island (4 times), Reunion Resort (twice) Sunset Lakes, Crestwynd Bay, Briarwood in Naples
sympatico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 09:32 AM   #6
avance
Earning My Ears

We are staying at Lion Kings in June!!! I am really excited. I found him through vrbo.com and Frank has been very professional. So far so good!
avance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:09 PM   #7
tizzo692
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by avance View Post
We are staying at Lion Kings in June!!! I am really excited. I found him through vrbo.com and Frank has been very professional. So far so good!
I think we're staying at Lion King this fall, and was hoping to get a first hand account from someone who's been there. Anything we should know before we show up? Thanks!

Tony
tizzo692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 04:08 PM   #8
tednvon
DIS Veteran

Location: Iowa City, Iowa...now stay Jan, Feb, Mar, just south Disney in Sunset Lakes...lucky us!!

Hello, we are very familar with these condos as we have stayed in the complex at Island Club and Somerset in the past and now stay just around the corner from Island Club for 3 months in the winter.

These are older condos that look to me like they have been very nicely renovated. They dropped greatly in value during the housing crash and were selling for as low as 60K. Looks like investors bought low and renovated into nice units.
The master has a nice tiled walk in shower and the location for each is excellent to get to Disney. Look closely at price and you see cleaning and taxes added which is 13% for this area. IMHO they are a good, not a great deal at this price. Condos at Bahama Bay and Legacy Dunes rent on www.vrbo.com for under $80/night all the time. I do not want to discourage you as they are very nice but not a super deal for 2 or 3 bedroom condos in the current market.

The pool is small but clean and well heated. Upstairs units appear much more spacious as they have cathedral ceilings. I think you will find them more than adequate for a vacation.

Ted
Old 03-12-2014, 09:31 PM   #9
coolertime
Earning My Ears

AmazingDisneyHomes - Great townhouses.

We stayed in the Tinkerbell suite in the Villas of Somerset complex (AmazingDisneyHomes) -- very clean, spacious and comfortable (6 beds plus couch). A few minutes away from disney, about 20 minutes or so to Universal, and about 25 minutes to the airport. A block away from 192, the main street with all the restaurants, flea markets, Fun Spot (rides), grocery stores, Starbucks, etc. etc.

We had a problem with unscheduled maintenance while we were there (out of their control), and the water had to be shut down. I was totally amazed by the response from the management company. They kept in constant touch with us, apologizing profusely and they even hand delivered a bunch of extra drinking water right to our room. Kudos to Frank and Tracey for taking such good care of us during this problem. You can really tell a lot about the quality of the place you're staying in, by how quickly and effectively they deal with problem situations if they arise.

I would highly recommend staying in this unit or any unit managed by AmazingDisneyHomes.

Thanks for a great vacation!!
coolertime is offline   Reply With Quote