Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-10-2012, 01:42 PM   #23
DSNYDREAMER
Cruising with Unlimited Dreams
Ring of fire! Ring of fire!

Outside Areas

I was very impressed with the amount of space dedicated to the pools, water play area for the kiddies and the number of deck chairs--they seemed to go on forever! A couple of times throughout the cruise I went up on deck to check out how busy it was. Like every cruise I have ever sailed, sea days are busy by the pool. I did notice that the area seemed to handle the crowds and in all visits I was able to see empty deck chairs.

The kids play area is called H20 Zone, a colorful aquapark with a giant octopus, 10 other multicolored sculptures, a pool and pair of family-friendly hot tubs are also in the area. Across the way, separated by the open space that plunges down to Central Park, is the Sports Pool, used for things like water aerobics and pool volleyball. On the same side is the Main Pool, across from the Main Pool is the faux-rock-lined Beach Pool, which features a sloped entry, allowing passengers to sit with loungers partially submerged.

There are Rock Climbing Walls, Ziplines and Flowriders. All are included in your cruise fare and will require authorization forms signed. The Flowrider also offers lessons for $60 per hour that can be booked in advance as well as onboard.

Located near the FlowRiders is a basketball court, a mini-golf course and a glass-enclosed Ping-Pong area to block out the wind. There is also a running track that is 2 lanes around the ship. 2.4 laps equal one mile.

DSNYDREAMER is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: