Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 10:32 AM   #1666
RodBelding
DIS Dad #589
We Got The Better Belding
So help me, if you're encouraging any penguin obsession, things are going to get ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971 View Post
OOOOPpppps!

Good news though. As promised, now that the Pats aren't playing them again, you have my support until the playoffs should the Titans make it. Good luck and I hope it wasn't too much of a downer.

I do think Locker will be a good QB, hopefully his injury is minor.
Locker looked good early on, but Johnson looked awful. Mixed bag if you're a Titans fan I guess.

Glad I'm not.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:55 AM   #1667
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469
Never mind the Kool-Aid, don’t drink the Beverly!
If it’s still here tomorrow… I may ignore it again

Ahhheeem…

Working for others out loud.

That is all…
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-10-2012, 11:04 AM   #1668
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodBelding View Post
Locker looked good early on, but Johnson looked awful. Mixed bag if you're a Titans fan I guess.

Glad I'm not.
Good Morning Paul. It looks like the Pats D is improved and we could have another good season.

Have season tickets and can't wait until next week when I get to see the other. Have fun watching the games this season! If you don't mind the cold and want to take in a game, I am not able to use my Pats/Miami tickets and they could find thier way to your mailbox.

Old 09-10-2012, 12:31 PM   #1669
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200 View Post
Speaking of football, anyone hear from Barry? Badgers and Packers both lose. Hope he doesn't do anything drastic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Dad View Post
Anyone seen Barry this morning? I heard an unconfirmed report that there is a run on Wisconsin liquor stores after the Badgers and Packers lost.
I'm doing OK. Luckily, I thought the Badgers were playing at night since they were out on the west coast. I checked my phone to see when the game was and found that they had already lost.

Sunday wasn't much better, but after the first quarter or so Evan and I went outside to play some catch and just let the game on as sort of background noise. Only a few more days until we congratulate the Bears on beating up a JV team (sorry Colts fans) and show them how an NFL team plays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10dedfish View Post
So, I would like to take this opportunity to thank the Academy....ok that probably wont happen, but I would like to quote Mark Twain for my 1000th post.

" I was born humble, but I've mostly grown out of it."

Happy Monday Guys!

Matt
Congrats on 1000!
Old 09-10-2012, 12:53 PM   #1670
RodBelding
DIS Dad #589
So help me, if you're encouraging any penguin obsession, things are going to get ugly

Quote:
Good Morning Paul. It looks like the Pats D is improved and we could have another good season.

Have season tickets and can't wait until next week when I get to see the other. Have fun watching the games this season! If you don't mind the cold and want to take in a game, I am not able to use my Pats/Miami tickets and they could find thier way to your mailbox.
The rookies looked great. It was nice to see some QB pressure from our D for once!!

Enjoy the game next week! And if you do end up not needing those tickets for the end of the season, well I do think my mailbox would have some room in it!!! Shoot me a pm when you know!
Old 09-10-2012, 01:25 PM   #1671
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodBelding View Post
The rookies looked great. It was nice to see some QB pressure from our D for once!!

Enjoy the game next week! And if you do end up not needing those tickets for the end of the season, well I do think my mailbox would have some room in it!!! Shoot me a pm when you know!
Wow...what is it like to have a team that addresses its weaknesses during the offseason, instead of just insanely doing the same thing every single year?
Old 09-10-2012, 01:26 PM   #1672
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10dedfish View Post
So, I would like to take this opportunity to thank the Academy....ok that probably wont happen, but I would like to quote Mark Twain for my 1000th post.

" I was born humble, but I've mostly grown out of it."

Happy Monday Guys!

Matt
Congrats

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
I'm doing OK. Luckily, I thought the Badgers were playing at night since they were out on the west coast. I checked my phone to see when the game was and found that they had already lost.

Sunday wasn't much better, but after the first quarter or so Evan and I went outside to play some catch and just let the game on as sort of background noise. Only a few more days until we congratulate the Bears on beating up a JV team (sorry Colts fans) and show them how an NFL team plays.
Glad you're ok. I've got a feeling this is the year the Axe returns to Minnesota. Also the Pack is going to struggle to any team that can put pressure on Rodgers with a four man rush.
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report In Progress
Old 09-10-2012, 01:28 PM   #1673
RodBelding
DIS Dad #589

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Wow...what is it like to have a team that addresses its weaknesses during the offseason, instead of just insanely doing the same thing every single year?

It's great. Until we play the Giants in the Super Bowl. Then it's not so great.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:36 PM   #1674
moose615
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy
Going to dentist for cleaning today.
Good luck , get bubble gum flavor
Quote:
Originally Posted by RodBelding
Morning guys.

We bought in 2 years ago, and are happy with it. If you know you will go at least once every 2 years, and you can swing the big upfront payment, it can be a good deal. We basically looked at it as guaranteeing vacations for ourselves for next 50 years...
thanks everyone for the advice, I know we will have many more wdw and similar vacations in the future, I'm prob goin to make the final decision after the oct trip and see how DD likes it, im pretty sure she wont hate it lol,prob have to go through Disney, have the upfront but not the whole amount, and I like that you do have options to use points in other places
Quote:
Originally Posted by trennr
everyone.

<-- not a thumb to both Nemisi
awwww look who's cranky
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971

OOOOPpppps!

Good news though. As promised, now that the Pats aren't playing them again, you have my support until the playoffs should the Titans make it. Good luck and I hope it wasn't too much of a downer.

I do think Locker will be a good QB, hopefully his injury is minor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RodBelding

Glad I'm not.
going to the game was fun even with the loss

See what happens when your stuck on the phone with customer service in India all day just because you do not have Internet in you office, I had to multi post instead of post pad, there goes my newbie lead
Old 09-10-2012, 02:58 PM   #1675
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality

No Norm. I hope he survived the dentist.
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report In Progress
Old 09-10-2012, 03:08 PM   #1676
ClearScreen
DIS Dad #461
An E-Ticket Attraction in my own mind

Fantasy Baseball Playoffs

OK, it is playoff time for Fantasy Baseball. Our defending champs, the Splash Mountaineers, had a strong surge at the end to squeak into playoffs and get the fifth seed ahead of their nemesis, the Hittin' Mickeys. Not sure if they can ride this wave of momentum through the playoffs or end up crashing to earth and getting all wet. They will be facing Jungle Nelson Cruz in the first round whose team has fought through elephants and headhunters to arrive in this place.

PhineastoEzratoGus will be using their playoff-inator in their matchup against the Hittin' Mickeys whose team is disappearing faster than bacon and Dole Whips at a Disney Dad convention.

Epic Phillie and Mickey's Steamboats earned top seeds and byes in the first round as they were consistently the best teams all year.

Good luck to all. Here is the bracket:

Quarterfinal

(1) Epic Phillie
Bye

(4) JUNGLE (Nelson) CRUZ

vs

(5) Splash Mountaineers

(3) PhineastoEzratoGus

vs

(6) The Hittin' Mickeys

(2) Mickey's Steamboats
Bye

There are also Consolation brackets posted on the web site, so be sure to set your lineups.

Good luck to all!
ClearScreen (Chris) - DIS Dad Club Member #461 - Me(44), DW(45), DD(12), DS(9)

1976 - 2 trips stayed off-site. September, 2000 - Wilderness Lodge. August, 2010 - Contemporary. August, 2012 - Swan. August, 2014 - Coronado Springs

Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates? Morons.
Old 09-10-2012, 03:27 PM   #1677
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Chris - is the baseball pool a Yahoo league or is it like the fantasy football pool?
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Old 09-10-2012, 04:37 PM   #1678
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
No Norm. I hope he survived the dentist.
I survived. No cavities. Thankfully, someone missed me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearScreen View Post
OK, it is playoff time for Fantasy Baseball. Our defending champs, the Splash Mountaineers, had a strong surge at the end to squeak into playoffs and get the fifth seed ahead of their nemesis, the Hittin' Mickeys. Not sure if they can ride this wave of momentum through the playoffs or end up crashing to earth and getting all wet. They will be facing Jungle Nelson Cruz in the first round whose team has fought through elephants and headhunters to arrive in this place.

Good luck to all. Here is the bracket:

There are also Consolation brackets posted on the web site, so be sure to set your lineups.

Good luck to all!
I made the best of the losers in consolation bracket and didn't even get a mention. Gettin dissed by the commish.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 09-10-2012, 04:49 PM   #1679
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
LOL. Sounds familiar. DD's team took our first game 5-1 against our neighboring town. Always a tough game as we are a tri-town community and it gets very competitive. Just think, you'll be in great condition by the end of the season.
Well, I'll be in good enough shape to try to get in better shape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballmickey View Post
I could be wrong about the math, but I always felt with DVC that I was 'paying for moderate, but getting deluxe' in terms of accomodations. So if you're happy with the value resorts for just the two of you, then great. If you think you'd like moderates, then DVC may be for you after all.
I like that comparison, when you add in annual dues.

Quote:
Morning gents. The roofers came at 7 this morning. This is the third new roof in six years.
THat's a lot. All weather related? There was a joke by Drew Hastings on Bob & Tom, when he called his insurance company to report a fallen tree from a storm and was told it was not covered under "act of God" clause. For 10,000 years, people gave debated the existence of God and my Prudential agent has him running around my property.

I'm sure he told it better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jousey View Post
Good luck, I hate the dentist (mainly the old croch of a heigentist who yells at me like I am her son for not flossing)
i got a cute one. She is married with children, but not a bad way to start the morning. At least until that metal thing starts scraping your teeth. BTW, no cavities.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 09-10-2012, 04:52 PM   #1680
theduck619
DDC 188
I love that middle crease between the two straight sections
It's a secret passge to a man cave

Greetings from the American Adventure!

DisDad Member #188

We are home!- 6/18/14 Follow the adventure at: