Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2012, 11:38 AM   #1
kidslovemickey
Earning My Ears

Water Bottles

Question...are the DCL Water Bottles that they have on the list that you can pre-order before your cruise available in the gift shop too, or should I call and order them ahead of time??

Thanks!!
kidslovemickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:40 AM   #2
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidslovemickey View Post
Question...are the DCL Water Bottles that they have on the list that you can pre-order before your cruise available in the gift shop too, or should I call and order them ahead of time??

Thanks!!
You can buy them once on-board. On embarkation day there will be CMs all over the ship trying to get people to buy the water and alcohol packages.
Register to remove

Old 09-10-2012, 11:41 AM   #3
mammacaryn
Don't be a JERK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sissy_ib View Post
You can buy them once on-board. On embarkation day there will be CMs all over the ship trying to get people to buy the water and alcohol packages.

I think they mean the actual bottle you put your own water in Not the bottle water you buy.

But yes, the gift shops sell them as well

January 2009 Disney Wonder-Bahamas
March 2010 Disney Magic-Western Caribbean
March 2011 Disney Dream-Bahamas

mammacaryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:45 AM   #4
kidslovemickey
Earning My Ears

Yes, I meant the actual water bottle you put the drinks in. We're taking our own bottles of water on board with us. THANK YOU!!
kidslovemickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:15 PM   #5
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidslovemickey View Post
Yes, I meant the actual water bottle you put the drinks in. We're taking our own bottles of water on board with us. THANK YOU!!
You don't need to take your own bottled water onboard. The water on the ship is processed the same way - reverse osmosis/filtered as bottled water and is just as good.

Saves having to lug it around until your room opens, since DCL wants you to carryon any beverages you bring.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:10 PM   #6
Renysmom
Just wondering what is going on
Something has to pay for my WDW trips LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post
You don't need to take your own bottled water onboard. The water on the ship is processed the same way - reverse osmosis/filtered as bottled water and is just as good.

Saves having to lug it around until your room opens, since DCL wants you to carryon any beverages you bring.

The water is very good. We actually pack a empty used water bottle for each of for each excursion and fill it up. When done, we just throw it away. Lot less weight and as princess said one less thing to check and/or lug around with us.

WDW Oct 2005--WDW Dec 2006-- WDW Dec 2007--WDW/Wonder Cruise Oct 2008--WDW March 2009--WDW July 2009--WDW Oct 2009 -- Magic Western Cruise Nov 2009--WDW Dec 2009--WDW Aug 2010--WDW/Wonder Cruise Dec 2010--WDW April 2011--WDW Aug 2011--WDW/Dream Oct 2011--WDW Dec 2011--WDW April 2012--Fantasy Eastern Oct 2012-- WDW May 2013 -- Fantasy Western Sept 2014
Renysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:36 PM   #7
queenofeverything
Mouseketeer

To answer the original question, the water bottles were not in the gift shop on the Magic. Can't speak for the other ships, but I would imagine they are the same. We ordered some ahead of time. They were in our cabin when we boarded and wrapped like a present (very cute). They are REALLY nice! I am so happy we ordered them. It is kind of hard to see them from the picture, but the blue band around the middle (rubber) has tiny mickey heads cut into it. They are very reasonably priced, we highly recommend them!
queenofeverything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 02:27 PM   #8
I❤MICKEY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sissy_ib View Post
When you say alcohol packages - are these for alcohol to be delivered to your room or can you purchase a package that includes alcohol in the restaurants, bars, etc?
I❤MICKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 03:33 PM   #9
Scillycruisers
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by I❤MICKEY

When you say alcohol packages - are these for alcohol to be delivered to your room or can you purchase a package that includes alcohol in the restaurants, bars, etc?
You can get both. We had a case of beer delivered to our stateroom and bought a wine package which we had with meals, but we could have ordered a bottle from our package at any time.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: