Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2012, 08:01 PM   #1
sherreis
DIS Veteran

Fox rental car?

I am trying to arrange a rental car for DH for this Tuesday night when he arrives at MCO. I was on some sight and saw Fox rental car and had never seen this before. Has anyone ever used them? Good? Bad?
Old 08-18-2012, 12:40 AM   #2
MAYNARDS99
DIS Veteran

Fox is a second tier agency.

We once used Advantage, another second tier company, and it was a hassle! Not near the airport, shuttle bus not very clean, customer service agent not very friendly. Paid for a compact class car, was assigned a beat up economy. Had to argue to get what I paid for...Nothing horrible, just took some extra time and patience.

I would suggest using Hotwire. They only use first rate rental companies. I've gotten really great rates with them. $9 a day, plus taxes for instance!

Yacht Club DEC13
Beach Club concierge (suite upgrade) JAN13
Coronado Springs OCT11 & SEP12
Hilton Bonnet Creek, Royal Pacific (suite upgrade) AsMU SEP10
SSR 1 Bedroom SEP09 (free dining and upgrade)
Wilderness Lodge/Royal Pacific (concierge upgrade) SEP08
Grand Californian DEC07 (theme park view upgrade)
Port Orleans Riverside Alligator Bayou SEP05
Contemporary (MK view Tower Club upgrade) NOV03
Ritz-Carlton NOV03
Portofino Bay Hotel Deluxe NOV01
Polynesian (concierge upgrade) NOV99
Wilderness Lodge Deluxe OCT98
Off Site - Disneyland Paris JUL93
Off Site - WDW JAN88
Contemporary MK view Tower JUL74
MAYNARDS99 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-18-2012, 09:42 AM   #3
lost*in*cyberspace
DIS Veteran

Do a search of the boards; there have been a number of threads about Fox. They have older cars, are usually not conveniently located, and there can be very long lines at the rental counter.
lost*in*cyberspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 10:21 PM   #4
scrapper2k
Mouseketeer

I used Fox in Feb and had a good experience. If you get a great rate and have the time to spare, go for it. We got a four day rental for $36 total. I'm not using them this time because I'm going with six other people (four kids) and don't want to deal with a shuttle but if my trip was adult only and I had the time to spare (figure half an hour extra) I would use them again.
Old 08-19-2012, 09:31 AM   #5
sherreis
DIS Veteran

thanks for the responses. The site came up when using rental price comparisons. Hotwire wants $25-$27/day for this week. Need it for a couple of days for when DH flies down to Orlando for an interview.
Old 08-19-2012, 04:13 PM   #6
webworm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherreis View Post
I am trying to arrange a rental car for DH for this Tuesday night when he arrives at MCO. I was on some sight and saw Fox rental car and had never seen this before. Has anyone ever used them? Good? Bad?
For a 2 day rental I would bid on priceline to get a deal. With Dollar clicking on city special you can get a compact for $20/day or $61 inc taxes. This gives you an idea what you can try bidding on priceline for a day.
webworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 07:39 PM   #7
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAYNARDS99 View Post
Fox is a second tier agency.

We once used Advantage, another second tier company, and it was a hassle! Not near the airport, shuttle bus not very clean, customer service agent not very friendly. Paid for a compact class car, was assigned a beat up economy. Had to argue to get what I paid for...Nothing horrible, just took some extra time and patience.

I would suggest using Hotwire. They only use first rate rental companies. I've gotten really great rates with them. $9 a day, plus taxes for instance!
Advantage is onsite at Orlando, it is on the second floor of the garage(both sides), it is owned by Hertz. I am looking at the sign as I type this.
gmeh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:47 PM   #8
travelcoupons
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmeh1 View Post
Advantage is onsite at Orlando, it is on the second floor of the garage(both sides), it is owned by Hertz. I am looking at the sign as I type this.
This info is correct. Hertz bought the entire Advantage corporation in 2009. Any reviews you see about the Advantage company prior to 2009 no longer apply.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:06 AM   #9
FayeW
DIS Veteran

I just booked a package that included a car rental from Fox. I asked specifically if Fox was inside the terminal or if I had to take a shuttle and he said it was at the terminal. Have I been misinformed?
FayeW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:10 AM   #10
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FayeW View Post
I just booked a package that included a car rental from Fox. I asked specifically if Fox was inside the terminal or if I had to take a shuttle and he said it was at the terminal. Have I been misinformed?
Yes, you have. Fox is offsite with shuttle pickup on the first level on both sides of the airport. http://www.foxrentacar.com/location/mco.aspx
gmeh1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: