Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Creative DISigns
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-10-2012, 10:18 AM   #1
auntlala3's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 170

Tshirt Questions

Hi Folks -

I have a question for all you tshirt iron on experts out there -

My family is going to the So You Think You Can Dance show in November, and my nieces asked me to make shirts for them -

This is the design I cam up with

However to order the shirts like this is is approx $30 from Cafe Press.

I can do the ironing on myself, however I don't know how to get the transparent background. Does anyone know of any transfer paper that has a transparent background? Or if not do you know a place where I can order the shirts on line printed for a reasonable amount. They don't have to be long sleeved, they can be short.

Thanks for any and all help -

auntlala3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:50 AM   #2
It Was All Started by a Mouse
M_I_C_K_E_Y's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 15,460

Light transfers are a transparent sheet but anything that lacks color (or is not printed by your printer) including white WILL be transparent. So if you want the white areas of your design to be white, you will need a dark transfer.

A dark transfer is a white sheet and anything that is not printed by your printer (including transparent) will be white. So you would need to trim off ANY areas you would not want to show white.

If you opt to use the dark transfers, then you would need to either trim around all of the areas that you do not want to be white or you could simply make the background black and then it would blend in with your shirt color.

I would personally make the background black and then 'loosely' trim around the design. What I mean by loosely is to trim closely around the design itself without trimming exactly on the edges. Like kinda bubble or cloud like. Does that make sense?

I hope this helps!
M_I_C_K_E_Y is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.