Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2012, 08:58 PM   #1
mmorris72
Mouseketeer

Those who have used Disney Encyclopedia of Characters for autographs

I bought the Disney Encyclopedia of Characters for my kids to get autographs in and I was wondering what character you added that you found helpful. Also, if you care to share the pages it would be GREATLY appreciated.

TIA
mmorris72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 08:39 AM   #2
hollypoast
"Perfect is the enemy of the good.... simply starting plays a bigger role in your success than any other factor."

I bought this book also… not sure what you mean but we have been talking about what we will do when we meet characters that are not in the book too. How are you adding them to the book?
hollypoast is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-08-2012, 08:52 AM   #3
poohfriend77
DIS Veteran

We added pages and got autographs for:

Tiana and Naveen
Phineas and Ferb
Rapunzel (She especially loved her page because she hadn't seen it before! )

I also found pages for Handy Manny and Jake (Neverland Pirate) but my girls didn't want those pages.

I took the books to Staples. They cut off the binding, laminated the covers, added the extra pages, and spiral-bound the whole thing. I think it cost about $10 to do 2 books. I would really recommend getting it spiral-bound, even if you aren't adding pages, as it makes it MUCH easier for the character to hold and sign!

I can't find the pages I used right now, but they are saved on my desktop at home. If no one posts links, I'll try to do that when I am at home.
poohfriend77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:10 AM   #4
Minnie-Mickey
Mouseketeer

We have two of those books we bought when the kids were younger. We carried them around for years and years on every trip. If they were not in the book they signed the blank back page or if they were in the same movie but did not have a page they signed with that character. The books don't look heavy but I can tell you from experience they feel that way after a while. Bring a plastic bag to put them in so the books stay dry during water rides. They can get wet through the backpack. I do love the books and would do again if I had to do it over again.
Minnie-Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 01:21 PM   #5
hollypoast
"Perfect is the enemy of the good.... simply starting plays a bigger role in your success than any other factor."

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohfriend77 View Post

Tiana and Naveen
Phineas and Ferb

I also found pages for Handy Manny and Jake (Neverland Pirate) but my girls didn't want those pages.

I took the books to Staples. They cut off the binding, laminated the covers, added the extra pages, and spiral-bound the whole thing. I think it cost about $10 to do 2 books. I would really recommend getting it spiral-bound, even if you aren't adding pages, as it makes it MUCH easier for the character to hold and sign!

I can't find the pages I used right now, but they are saved on my desktop at home. If no one posts links, I'll try to do that when I am at home.
Great idea. Yes, please post them!
Old 09-08-2012, 08:13 PM   #6
hollypoast

I've made some extra pages for my daughter's book so I thought I'd share, in case anyone else would like to use them. Am I missing anyone?? If you'd like me to email these pages to you send me a PM with your email address.

Brave

Muppets

Princess & the Frog

Tangled
Old 09-08-2012, 11:22 PM   #7
mmorris72
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Tiana and Naveen
Phineas and Ferb

Those are the ones that I am looking for if you wouldn't mind emailing them to me michelemorris1998@yahoo.com
Thank you!
Old 09-09-2012, 09:20 AM   #8
disneymagicgirl
Been there, Done that, Going back!

Where did you guys buy this?
offsite in 1988,AKL 5/04,POP 6/05,ASMu 12/05 with MVMCP, ASMo 9/06 w/ MNSSHP,4/09 AKL, 9/09 MNSSHP & 7nt E.Carib DCL w/ Tortola, 10/10 Poly w/ MNSSHP, 10/11 POFQ w/ MNSSHP, 5/12 DCL Fantasy W. Carib and AKL/MK, 05/13 BC, 11/15 YC
disneymagicgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:58 AM   #9
poohfriend77
DIS Veteran

Grrr... I must have deleted them from my desktop, but I found the original thread that had the links to the pages. All credit goes to magpomom for creating and sharing such awesome designs!

Go to: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ographs&page=9

Magpomom's post is at the very bottom of that page. If you click on each pic, it will take you to her photobucket account. Then you can save the image in full size, and print it as an 8X10 (I used cardstock to make it a bit sturdier).
Old 09-09-2012, 10:59 AM   #10
poohfriend77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Grrr... I must have deleted them from my desktop, but I found the original thread that had the links to the pages. All credit goes to magpomom for creating and sharing such awesome designs!

Magpomom's post is at the very bottom of that page. If you click on each pic, it will take you to her photobucket account. Then you can save the image in full size, and print it as an 8X10 (I used cardstock to make it a bit sturdier).
forgot to mention... I think there were other page designs and autograph ideas on that thread.
Old 09-09-2012, 01:02 PM   #11
hollypoast

Quote:
forgot to mention... I think there were other page designs and autograph ideas on that thread.
Yours a so cute! Have you made one for Brave or the Muppets?
Old 09-09-2012, 11:11 PM   #12
mmorris72
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Thank you!!! BUT, I can NOT figure out how to save it full size. Someone said to hover over the pic and something would come up, but that doesn't happen. Can you please help me???
Old 09-10-2012, 07:44 AM   #13
poohfriend77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorris72 View Post
Thank you!!! BUT, I can NOT figure out how to save it full size. Someone said to hover over the pic and something would come up, but that doesn't happen. Can you please help me???
If I hover over the top left part of the image, I can click on "file," and then "download." When I just tried, the image was distorted... like it had been smushed so it was short and wide. I remember that happening when I first tried to print them, and I had to open the image in a different program (I was just using windows pic viewer).

Sorry, I'm not really much help with tech support! I hope you can figure it out.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: