Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-08-2012, 09:58 PM   #61
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran
 
smile4stamps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!
Posts: 4,284

Yes I work night shift!! Normally I don't log onto the DIS from work but I just had to comment and subscribe to your reports before I lost track of them and forgot!

What a great first night at the World! It sounds wonderful!!

Um... You get an AP discount on Carrot Cake Cookies?!!? I did not know this!! Where else will I be able to get a discount on food with my AP?!? And is the discount less if I only have the basic AP? (I've been contemplating upgrading to Premier so I can make some quick trips to DL this year! Unfortunately the expensive parts of those quick trips is the hotels and gas or I would be on it in a flash!)
smile4stamps is offline  
Old 09-09-2012, 05:34 AM   #62
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran
 
Stringbean&Wingnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,989

Oh how I adore the Boardwalk area! Your room looks beautiful! I'm sorry that your pizza dinner was disappointing! But a carrot cake cookie is a great way to make up for that!!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-09-2012, 09:02 AM   #63
AGPrincess
Princess at heart
 
AGPrincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,875

The Boardwalk lobby is so gorgeous...loved your photos of it! I think that chandelier is called the Hippocampus Electrolier. Also love how you mention the Disney smell in the hallways...Disney resorts always smell the best.
AGPrincess is offline  
Old 09-09-2012, 12:59 PM   #64
heatherlekay
Earning My Ears
 
heatherlekay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 61

I'm joining in! Great tr so far. After seeing your pic that carrot cake cookie is on my list of Disney musts! Looks so yummy!!
from one ginger to another I just have to tell you your hair is gorgeous!
__________________
me dh ds16

CBR Dec 2009
HRH Dec 2010
heatherlekay is offline  
Old 09-09-2012, 01:25 PM   #65
Pyrate_Pryncess
If I'm a redheaded ninja, does that make me a Gin-ja? I would like to think so!
 
Pyrate_Pryncess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ft. Walton Beach FLORIDA!!!
Posts: 609

Joining in for the fun! I bet the next 12 days must have been AMAZING!!!
__________________
Me(31)~ DH(34)~ DD(10)~ DS(6)~

2008-First trip, ASMU2011-Christmas time in the parks, POP2012-A break for the kids, POP

Pyrate_Pryncess is offline  
Old 09-09-2012, 03:06 PM   #66
Lisa29
Mouseketeer
 
Lisa29's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Leicestershire, too many miles away
Posts: 397

Great pictures of your room, it really looks lovely.

Really want to try the carrot cake cookie when we go next year!
__________________
Lisa 32 Phil 32 Madison 5 Kaley 2

Five Little Ones Take the Adults - My 15 night SSR stay with DDP trip report

My Grand Villa at Bay Lake Tower pictures are HERE and HERE

I have no ticker.
Lisa29 is offline  
Old 09-09-2012, 03:50 PM   #67
CatNipRules
Overplanner Extraordinaire....
I love them when they are raw
I got Mickey mail
 
CatNipRules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 776

You've definitely convinced me that I must try a carrot cake cookie when we go. They look so yummy!! I'm literally drooling here!! LOL!!

I do like the friendship boats, but they do seem to take forever. I thought it was just me, but apparently not. LOL!!
__________________
Michelle- Mike-
Chris- Buddy:

CatNipRules is offline  
Old 09-09-2012, 05:38 PM   #68
auntfrannie
DIS Veteran
 
auntfrannie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 1,288

Following along! I always enjoy your dining reviews so I expect your trip reports will be just as enjoyable!
auntfrannie is offline  
Old 09-09-2012, 07:57 PM   #69
natebenma
DIS Veteran
 
natebenma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: near Boston
Posts: 10,533

Caught up!

What a wonderful, but LOOONNNNNGGGGG first day.

Love taking a picture of the arch as you enter "The World." I think I was in the second row of seats on my June trip, but I got a crappy picture! Somehow it caught me off guard when we got there.

I have never been in the Boardwalk, but it looks beautiful! I love your room. The colors in the bathroom are really cute and you have a great, fun view.

I don't think anyone else has chimed in- the new swipe entry system is called RFID, but don't ask me what it stands for. You could ask, and I could check, but too tired right now. (As you pointed out, I'm an early bird, much better in the am!)

Sounds like the Boardwalk Pizza is nothing to write home about, but the atmosphere is great.

Good call to head to HS- the Friendship boats are not our favorite mode of Disney transportation either. I'm proud to say we beat the boat (barely) twice in races from DHS to the Beach Club.

Glad you were able to get your TiW renewal, a ride on RNR, a yummy snack and great photo ops with Bo!

Looking forward to joining you for your Cape May breakfast in the morning.
natebenma is offline  
Old 09-09-2012, 09:48 PM   #70
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 38,133

Caught up again (trying to stay caught up until I leave Saturday as I kow after that I'm in big trouble keeping up .

Your room is beautiful (not a resort I would choose as I really do not like the scary clown pool, but you have a beautiful villa ).

Hooray for getting to a park that night. Sorry TOT had such a long wait, but glad you at least got on a ride. And I must remember to get Mark one of those cookies. I didn't know you could use AP passes for discounts in the parks (our oldest is buying us AP's for our trip next week).
KatMark is online now  
Old 09-10-2012, 10:31 AM   #71
sushi candy
Foodie
 
sushi candy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 227

The ambiance of the Boardwalk is just magical. I love the details. You can almost smell the ocean with the way everything is set up. I have never been a fan of carrot cake but I am tempted to try the cookie now.
sushi candy is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 10:20 PM   #72
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

 
emmysmommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Near Disneyland
Posts: 4,609

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
Yes I work night shift!! Normally I don't log onto the DIS from work but I just had to comment and subscribe to your reports before I lost track of them and forgot!

What a great first night at the World! It sounds wonderful!!

Um... You get an AP discount on Carrot Cake Cookies?!!? I did not know this!! Where else will I be able to get a discount on food with my AP?!? And is the discount less if I only have the basic AP? (I've been contemplating upgrading to Premier so I can make some quick trips to DL this year! Unfortunately the expensive parts of those quick trips is the hotels and gas or I would be on it in a flash!)
Yes! We have always received AP discounts at most theme park and resort stores. Even with a standard AP I believe there should be a 10% or 15% discount on purchases. Most World Showcase stores/kiosks in Epcot do NOT offer AP discounts. Also, no AP discounts at places like Contempo Cafe.. not sure about all of the food places at other resorts.

Also, when I used to purchase the ride photos (Dinosaur, EE, Splash Mtn, Space Mtn, etc) we would receive the AP discount as well. You can always ask but it can really add up. I'll probably mention it laster in my review but we had to purchase some luggage this trip and using our AP discount it saved us about $35 for 1 piece.

If it helps make the upgrade any more attractive, the CA Disney resort hotels do offer AP discounts throughout the year so if you can take advantage of a deep discount it may make it worth it. (And in CA it covers your parking, 20% off dining at almost all restaurants and fast service places, and the ability to purchase a TiW card for WDW so you don't have to book vacation packages with dining plans...)

You can always PM me if you have any questions or if you want to know what an AP rate looks like for any of the resorts when offered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Oh how I adore the Boardwalk area! Your room looks beautiful! I'm sorry that your pizza dinner was disappointing! But a carrot cake cookie is a great way to make up for that!!
That cookie certainly made up for any disappointment with the pizza!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGPrincess View Post
The Boardwalk lobby is so gorgeous...loved your photos of it! I think that chandelier is called the Hippocampus Electrolier. Also love how you mention the Disney smell in the hallways...Disney resorts always smell the best.
Yes! That hoppocampy thing name sounds right! Talk about knowing Disney trivia - good job!!!

I agree, the BW lobby is so pretty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherlekay View Post
I'm joining in! Great tr so far. After seeing your pic that carrot cake cookie is on my list of Disney musts! Looks so yummy!!
from one ginger to another I just have to tell you your hair is gorgeous!
Hi there! Thanks for joining!! You MUST try it - if you like carrot cake and cream cheese icing - it will not disappoint!

hello fellow ginger! When we pass by another red-head my DH will often say, "there's one of your kind." Like we are a unique breed or something!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrate_Pryncess View Post
Joining in for the fun! I bet the next 12 days must have been AMAZING!!!
Hi PyratePryncess!! (love the ginger midget term!! I can totally relate!) Thank you for reading - I'm glad you are here. I see you have an upcoming trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa29 View Post
Great pictures of your room, it really looks lovely.

Really want to try the carrot cake cookie when we go next year!
Hi Lisa! You HAVE to try that cookie. Soooo good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatNipRules View Post
You've definitely convinced me that I must try a carrot cake cookie when we go. They look so yummy!! I'm literally drooling here!! LOL!!

I do like the friendship boats, but they do seem to take forever. I thought it was just me, but apparently not. LOL!!
ha! You can imagine eating that cookie, huh??

As for the boats, I would threaten to get off early and just walk the rest of the way. Have I said that I'm impatient??

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntfrannie View Post
Following along! I always enjoy your dining reviews so I expect your trip reports will be just as enjoyable!
Thanks auntfrannie! I'm glad you are reading the TR version of our adventures! Thanks for joining over here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Caught up!

What a wonderful, but LOOONNNNNGGGGG first day.

Love taking a picture of the arch as you enter "The World." I think I was in the second row of seats on my June trip, but I got a crappy picture! Somehow it caught me off guard when we got there.

You must have perfect timing and it does help to be near the front!

I have never been in the Boardwalk, but it looks beautiful! I love your room. The colors in the bathroom are really cute and you have a great, fun view.

Yep, fun view of the pool area and the scary clown!! He didn't bother me.

I don't think anyone else has chimed in- the new swipe entry system is called RFID, but don't ask me what it stands for. You could ask, and I could check, but too tired right now. (As you pointed out, I'm an early bird, much better in the am!)

Aha! I googled this and it is Radio Frequency Identification. Interesting stuff!

Sounds like the Boardwalk Pizza is nothing to write home about, but the atmosphere is great.

Good call to head to HS- the Friendship boats are not our favorite mode of Disney transportation either. I'm proud to say we beat the boat (barely) twice in races from DHS to the Beach Club.

Living proof from someone who has successfully done this. I'

Glad you were able to get your TiW renewal, a ride on RNR, a yummy snack and great photo ops with Bo!

Bo!!! I think Michael understands this special relationship we share!!! Although I think I saw him snuggled up to someone else so I think he cheats on me when I'm not there!

Looking forward to joining you for your Cape May breakfast in the morning.
Here's the link to that review.
Thanks for getting caught up!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Caught up again (trying to stay caught up until I leave Saturday as I kow after that I'm in big trouble keeping up .

Your room is beautiful (not a resort I would choose as I really do not like the scary clown pool, but you have a beautiful villa ).

Hooray for getting to a park that night. Sorry TOT had such a long wait, but glad you at least got on a ride. And I must remember to get Mark one of those cookies. I didn't know you could use AP passes for discounts in the parks (our oldest is buying us AP's for our trip next week).
Oh Kathy you are leaving so soon! How very exciting!! Yes, use your AP at Sweet Spells and I'm sure Writer's Stop as well and get 20% off all of their goodies!

I'll look forward to all that you have to share about your trip!

Take care!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushi candy View Post
The ambiance of the Boardwalk is just magical. I love the details. You can almost smell the ocean with the way everything is set up. I have never been a fan of carrot cake but I am tempted to try the cookie now.
Thanks Rosey! Instead of a carrot cake cookie, how about turkey leg inspired krispie treat?? Those are now all over the snack cases!
emmysmommy is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 11:14 PM   #73
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

 
emmysmommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Near Disneyland
Posts: 4,609

Photopass Photos Arrived

I received my photopass CD today!!! I am the proud owner of 302 new photos!

Here is a never seen before outside the DisBoards photo!!! Seriously, no one has seen these yet!



Interestingly, this trip had less character breakfasts and ride photos so my splurge in getting photopass + may have had less value in the past. But let's do the math to see if it was still worth the additional cost.

We had 10 ride photos loaded and 2 character breakfasts (CRT & 'Ohana) on our card. Excluding CRT where the photo package is included with the meal, we would have spent approximately $210 for these photos (including an AP discount for the ride photos.)

Compared to $169.00 amount paid for pre-purchased photopass+

We still saved approximately $180. However, I would probably not have purchased most of our ride photos so there goes most of my savings!

emmysmommy is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 11:37 PM   #74
ShortStuff
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 370

Yummy looking cookie and you are making me start to doubt the snacks I want next week with that picture.

What a fun evening!! Love your photopass pictures. They are great!

You all look so fresh, even after your long day!! That's amazing!

There are certainly mixed reviews of the clown pool. People seem to love it or hate it. I'm glad you got to have a view of it, since you are in the 'like' group!!
__________________
___________________________________

Sept. 2012 TR: It's a Jungle Out There!!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2989662
ShortStuff is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 11:48 PM   #75
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran
 
debrapagliasotti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Too far from WDW
Posts: 2,245

BW looks so beautiful!! I cant wait to be there in a few short months

That carrot cake cookie is SOOOOO on my list of yummy things to try. I have never had one.
__________________
DH & Me, DS 12, DD 11, DS 5, DS 4
7/97 - WDW Offsite, 8/08 - CBR, 12/12 - BW (Dlx CL) & MVMCP, 2/14 - POFQ/POR (PHM)
debrapagliasotti is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:59 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.