Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2012, 04:14 PM   #1
GracieGirl97
Earning My Ears

Smile Sweet 16?

Hello! I am planning on having my sweet 16 birthday party at the Disney World Resort the weekend of May 23. I really want to stay at the Contemporary Resort. Me and my Dad were talking, 2 nights and 1 day at Magic Kingdom. We also want to make reservations at the California Grill for the first night. Any other ideas, hints, or surprises? I have been to Disney World 35+ times so I do know a lot, but I want to make this one special. It is just me, my Dad, and my Mom celebrating. Were not into rushing everything, we usually take the vacation slow, and enjoy the sights. Our favorite parts, is the shows, and watching the outdoor movies at night at the hotel. Thank you for any ideas! I know its early, but I'm always early planning my birthday! Thanks!

Gracie

GracieGirl97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 04:21 PM   #2
juliebug1997
DIS Veteran

If it had been around when I was approaching 16, I would have been hounding my parents to take me to Cinderella's Royal Table. Instead, I got the Olive Garden.

Commando #137 at your service!
juliebug1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-26-2012, 05:01 PM   #3
Art 1
DIS Veteran

We held a 16th at Cali Grille. It worked out well and they did a good job. It was planned many months in advance. My wife worked hand in hand with one of the mangers there. They reserved a section off for us in the area along the window in the direction of the fireworks. Decorated the area Made special menus, served the cake, that sort of thing. They assigned a group a waiters to our party. They did a fantastic job. I would highly recommend it.
Art 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 05:29 PM   #4
Cafeen
DIS Veteran

It's CG going to be closed at that time? (At least, more than likely). I know they're closing around the end of this year/start of next year, and they're not anticipated to be open again until mid-late summer. (At least, I think so, going off memory here...and that's pretty shoddy).

Not to throw a damper on your BDay, but at least it's better to be disappointed now when you can correct it and handle it, than later when it's too late.

Next Trip: NOT Solo... 10/17-10/27 @ Pop/CBR split. This time with Brother, Sister-in-Law, Nephew, and Mom (well, at least mostly not solo.)
TRs: Learning to NOT Photograph Fireworks Behind Trees (Sept 2012 PTR (no TR... yet?)
New Camera? Sounds like a perfect excuse for another Disney trip! (Sept 2011 PTR/TR)
Cafeen takes it slow in Sept... (Sept 2010) || Daddy for a week... - (Sept 2009)
Cafeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:08 PM   #5
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

How about a Tea party at the Grand Floridian?

Scrappy_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:12 PM   #6
geek+nerd
DIS Veteran

What about doing a family photo shoot at one of the resorts? You can go through Disney event photography or hire an outside photographer. DH and I were married at the Wedding Pavilion last June and we hired Orlando photographer Randy Chapman. He is an amazing photographer, a great guy and very budget friendly. A lot of Disney brides hire him.

I also really like the tea party idea. The Garden View Tea Room is such a lovely space!

1987 Off-property; 2008 Off-property; June 2011 DFTW!!! POR & Off-property; December 2011 POP; June 2012 POP; June 2013 POP; December 2013 AoA
geek+nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 04:06 PM   #7
GracieGirl97
Earning My Ears

The tea party sounds so cute! Anyone know how much it is? The royal table sounds also like a better alternative if the Cali Grill is closing): So sad, never got to eat there.

Gracie

Old 08-29-2012, 04:34 PM   #8
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

California Grill is undergoing a major refurb and will be closed next May, so you may need to look for a different restaurant. You could also choose Be Our Guest at MK if you don't want to pay for the castle, but you might want to wait and see what the reviews are like. Or, since it's so popular, make a reservation, check the reviews and cancel if you want.
Old 08-29-2012, 05:09 PM   #9
geek+nerd
DIS Veteran

If it is just the three of you going for tea, you can order off the menu at Garden View. The price will depend on what you get; there are a number of different "packages" that you can order.

1987 Off-property; 2008 Off-property; June 2011 DFTW!!! POR & Off-property; December 2011 POP; June 2012 POP; June 2013 POP; December 2013 AoA
geek+nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:07 PM   #10
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGirl97 View Post
The tea party sounds so cute! Anyone know how much it is? The royal table sounds also like a better alternative if the Cali Grill is closing): So sad, never got to eat there.
Here you go, this has the menu and prices. Me and my sister are dressing up and going there this upcoming trip...I can't remember the last time we had a Tea Party, but I can bet you she's not going to kick me out for putting the wrong clothes on her Barbie Doll!!

http://allears.net/menu/menu_gft.htm

Scrappy_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 02:39 PM   #11
GracieGirl97
Earning My Ears

I was looking at that! Now I am TOTALLY stuck. I can't decide between hotels!Either Polynesian(luau dinner!), Contemporary, or Grand Floridian. I have only been to the Contemporary. If I went there or the Floridian, I would eat at the 'royal table' or 'be our guest' Help!

Gracie

Old 09-09-2012, 09:46 PM   #12
3girlsmommy
Earning My Ears

oooh! The tea sounds great! Wonder if I could lure my hubby there with a promise of an imported beer.
3girlsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:59 PM   #13
TinkerbellinLouisian
I think I'm going on my 21st visit in 47 years...

Welcome

Welcome Gracie to the Dis !

We LOVE CRT... it's a family tradition...

BUT we got married at POLY... the resort is themed so beautifully !

Have a wonderful bday !

Mary
1970 - (I was 5...it was just a movie being shown back then...still being built)...1974 - WDW - ?...1976 - DL - On the way to moving from CA to FL...1977 - WDW Lake Buena Vista...1981 - WDW High School Dance Competition...1982 - H.S. Dance Competition.....1983 - H.S. Dance Competition...1985 - Offsite...1991 - Offsite (HJ)..1993 - AS Movies...1994 - Offsite ...1995 - AS Music .....1997 - Offsite...1998 - Offsite...2000 - Offsite...2002 - Polynesian (Got Married!)...2004 - Beach Club...2006 - Beach Club...2008 - Beach Club...2010 May 9-14 BCV Graduation Celebration with DS18...2012 Surprising Family on details May Visit to WDW

TinkerbellinLouisian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
birthday, celebrate, plan, sweet 16, trip

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: