Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board > Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2012, 11:16 AM   #346
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Gosh, I hope you guys like castle pictures! I think I'll post a bunch! We walked around to the right of the castle toward Discoveryland and saw this area with a stage and all kinds of neat photo ops!

The castle from a different angle

Then if you turn around, you're facing the entry to Discoveryland.
They had a cool fountain - the ducks seemed to like it!

Let's go to Discoveryland!

Anyone want to fight Zurg?

Not feeling like waiting that long. Let's get FPs!

Are the FP machines at WDW that cool? It's been so long - I forget! I am so glad I'm going back in 5 weeks!!!!

Exit - one French word we learned while there!

We decided while we were waiting for our FP time, we'd go back to ride Casey Jr and Storybook boats.
On the way - some more photos!

A view of the moat

I'm wishing...

I wonder if Giselle is down there...

I just LOVE THIS CASTLE!!!

Isn't this cute? It's on the way around the castle to the right, where you'd come out near the teacups and IASW. I think sometimes they have gelato there.

and pizza

cont.
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:37 AM   #347
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

I am on a roll this morning - more pictures!!!

Caught a few characters making their way backstage!

Oh, here's the gelato place!

Can you tell that I'm just going by the pictures as they show up in photo bucket? I'm hoping they are sort of in order of as we walked through the park!

IASW? Not right now, thanks.

My girls wanted to ride the Circus Train - the monkeys that they are!

Gosh, could they look any happier? I love it!

Looks like we were near the back of this train!

Then we went right next door to ride the Storybook Boats. I'll try not to post all the same ones as before - but some of these are better with it being sunny and all.

Hi Dopey!

OOH, nasty old hag!

Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let down your hair!

Do you think this will be what our new addition to Fantasyland looks like?

That girl is so peculiar...

maybe this will be part of new Fantasyland too!

After our storybook ride, we went back and rode Casey Jr. AGAIN! The girls are currently sitting with me as I post this, and Sarah just started singing, "Casey Jr.'s back, Casey Jr.'s back..."
It's a very catchy tune!

More construction...

Our time for FPs for Buzz wasn’t ready yet, so we wandered over to get FPs for BTMRR and took some pictures
Dumbo

And I had to grab some of this guy for my friends who remember Mr. Toad (he was gone from WDW before I ever went there)
Here in Paris he has a dining hall rather than a ride.

Okay - I'm going to have to take a break now.
Next - we get FPs for BTMRR - ride Buzz, and where will we eat lunch???

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-09-2012, 12:50 PM   #348
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post

We decided to head back over to Disneyland today and experience the park in the sunshine – LOTS of pictures today!

I REALLY want to stay there. It's so gorgeous!

Yeah for finally getting some sunshine! Everything looks sooooooo beautiful. I love, love, LOVE all your pictures! I can't believe the sun FINALLY came out. I feel like you I am actually seeing what the park really looks like for the first time.

Is is just me or does the French Stacy Look really young? Like teenager young?

That castle is so stunning.

No, the FPs machine at WDW (and Buzz) do not look nearly that cool. Sorry.

But Yeah for 5 weeks!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 02:14 PM   #349
Lil'Mermaid75
DIS Veteran

Look at that sunshine! Love the smiles on the girls' faces - pure joy! Great pictures of the castle - it's just beautiful!
Lil'Mermaid75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 05:44 PM   #351
dato63
DIS Veteran

I can't tell you how much I'm enjoying following along on your vacation. Love seeing your DDs light up.

I'm curious - do you have an opinion on how many days you need at DLP to do it justice? I'm working on our vacation plan and trying to figure out how many days in London, how many in Paris & how many for DLP.
Old 09-09-2012, 07:40 PM   #352
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I REALLY want to stay there. It's so gorgeous!

Yeah for finally getting some sunshine! Everything looks sooooooo beautiful. I love, love, LOVE all your pictures! I can't believe the sun FINALLY came out. I feel like you I am actually seeing what the park really looks like for the first time.

Is is just me or does the French Stacy Look really young? Like teenager young?

That castle is so stunning.

No, the FPs machine at WDW (and Buzz) do not look nearly that cool. Sorry.

But Yeah for 5 weeks!
Yeah, I was wishing I was staying at Disneyland Hotel too. But the financial responsibility angel on my shoulder won out.
The sun did make everything better and more enjoyable!
Stacy seems like a teenager to me!
Good to know about the FP machines - thought I might have missed something or was losing my mind!
I'm getting so excited for October - I hope I can wrap this up! But there's a lot of London left - I may have to be judicious with my photo selection. Wouldn't want to bore anyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'Mermaid75 View Post
Look at that sunshine! Love the smiles on the girls' faces - pure joy! Great pictures of the castle - it's just beautiful!
Oh yeah- they sure looked happy! Like I say - I love that castle!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Gorgeous gorgeous pictures! Looks like it was still cold but YAY for the sun!!!

I agree, French Stacy looks tres young.
Thanks! It was still chilly - but much more pleasant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dato63 View Post
I can't tell you how much I'm enjoying following along on your vacation. Love seeing your DDs light up.

I'm curious - do you have an opinion on how many days you need at DLP to do it justice? I'm working on our vacation plan and trying to figure out how many days in London, how many in Paris & how many for DLP.
Thanks! The girls just loved everything about this trip - I think they were the perfect age!

I would say 3 or 4 depending on when you are going. If things are open, (some things were not in March) you might want more time. We did not do some of the big thrill rides, so we didn't need time for that. If it's summer - it will be more crowded and you will have longer lines. But the parks are small and very easy to cover all of it in a few days. I hope that helps. I'd want at least 2-3 in the city, and well London - depending on what you want to do - 4-5 for sure. I would have enjoyed another day in Paris for sure if we could have managed it.
Keep in mind we left DLP on 3/9 and still had 5 more days in London!
Old 09-09-2012, 07:58 PM   #353
dato63
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl;46104837
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"
Thanks! The girls just loved everything about this trip - I think they were the perfect age!

I would say 3 or 4 depending on when you are going. If things are open, (some things were not in March) you might want more time. We did not do some of the big thrill rides, so we didn't need time for that. If it's summer - it will be more crowded and you will have longer lines. But the parks are small and very easy to cover all of it in a few days. I hope that helps. I'd want at least 2-3 in the city, and well London - depending on what you want to do - 4-5 for sure. I would have enjoyed another day in Paris for sure if we could have managed it.
Keep in mind we left DLP on 3/9 and still had 5 more days in London!
[/FONT]
Thank you that does help. We would be going during the summer - and will have 2 weeks. So I will look at 3 - 4 days for DLP, and then break the rest up between Paris and London. I have guide books, but it is still hard for me to imagine as I've never been to Europe at all.

I do enjoy seeing what your DDs are enjoying, not just because they are so darn cute - but it helps me imagine what mine may enjoy too.
Old 09-09-2012, 08:08 PM   #354
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dato63 View Post
Thank you that does help. We would be going during the summer - and will have 2 weeks. So I will look at 3 - 4 days for DLP, and then break the rest up between Paris and London. I have guide books, but it is still hard for me to imagine as I've never been to Europe at all.

I do enjoy seeing what your DDs are enjoying, not just because they are so darn cute - but it helps me imagine what mine may enjoy too.
You're too kind - thank you! My girls are definitely not daredevils, so that dictated our ride selection. But stay tuned for the highlights of London and see what they liked best there.
I know how you feel - you can read all the books, watch videos etc., and you just don't know what it will feel like! Both cities are pretty tourist friendly though, so that's a good first trip to Europe if you ask me!
Old 09-09-2012, 08:15 PM   #355
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Luvin all the updates and pics. I'm really hoping those storybook boats are open in November there's alot of rumour they might not be
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 08:28 PM   #356
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
Luvin all the updates and pics. I'm really hoping those storybook boats are open in November there's alot of rumour they might not be
Thanks!
I hope you get to ride them - they are just so cute and the detail on the displays is pretty incredible!! I think you have to ride them a few times to catch all of it!
Old 09-10-2012, 04:53 AM   #357
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Love all the Disneyland Paris pictures -- of course, I would really, really, really like to eat at Toad Hall Restaurant!!! How great is that???

I love how excited and happy the girls look!
Charleston Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:40 AM   #358
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Great pictures!! And I was beginning to wonder if the sun ever shone over there!

Disney Mommy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:04 PM   #359
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Beautiful pictures! That really is a gorgeous castle.

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Dancegrl624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 02:49 PM   #360
ClaireW
Mouseketeer

Glad to see the sun was shining for you at last!
And doesn't that castle look pretty?

You got lots of pictures into this update - but when DLP is so small you certainly get time to pick up on all the little details. It's a shame there were a few things not open when you were there but looks like the girls founds lots they liked anyway!
ClaireW is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: