Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2012, 09:18 AM   #1
k-wa
Mouseketeer

Help! I need a MNSSHP game plan with a preschool boy

Any words of wisdom as to how we should go about the evening are appreciated. We will definitely take it easy during the day so I can extend bedtime.
Old 09-09-2012, 01:53 PM   #2
ToddyLu
Welcome aboard explorers- I love Mr. Ray

You will be able to enter the park with your MNSSHP ticket at 4 p.m. I would choose a costume that is not hot or clingy. It can be very warm during the party. He will get a treat bag when the party starts and you get an armband. Be sure to be at the parade about 30 minutes before it starts to catch the Headless Horseman. After the second parade the place will really thin out and you can ride more rides. Don't forget about the Fastpass Photographers. You will be able to add a Halloween border to those photos when you get home. I would wait until after the second parade to do Fantasyland becasue many people go ahead and take little ones home.

Hallowishes is also wonderful. They will sell pins and a few other items that you can only get on party nights. Trick or treat lines can get long...I would ride, wait on the parade, ride some more or go to one of the dance parties in Tomorrowland...Hallowishes...then Fantasyland..then trick or treat.
first trip ASMo 2002, ASMo 2003, ASMo 2004 twice, ASMo 2005, POFQ 2006, Pop 2007, Pop 12/2008 with DDP, AKV SV 10/09 with DDP, AKV SV 12/10, AKV 5/11, AKV SV 10/11, AKV 5/12, AKV 10/12, AKV 11/13, AKV 5/14, AKV 10/14, AKV 5/15
My DH loves me for my points!!
ToddyLu is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-09-2012, 02:21 PM   #3
dsneprincess
DIS Veteran

Try to think of a costume that is not hot or clingy & NO MASK! The MK is dark & on & off rides is safety concern. We always tried to pick costumes that we could wear shorts as the base, pirates, Wiggles, etc. For ease. We usually went in as early as we could, usually about 4pm & then put on our "costumes", really more costume accessories, at party time. Usually use glow sticks to from Dollar store for everybody in same color, for ease of locating each other when we exit rides or restrooms. Don't miss the headless horseman! Dinner reservations early or counter serve prior to party start to maximize our party time. Photo pass has great photo opportunities. Be prepared to empty trick or treat bag, my little ones never wanted to carry them once they got to heavy so we would empty into a backpack periodically to keep their bag lightweight
dsneprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 07:26 PM   #4
k-wa
Mouseketeer

Thank you both for your insight! My little guy is going to be Leo from Little Einsteins -- super cute and easy to wear. He is sooooo excited!

It is just me, my mom, and my son for the party. Do you think my mom would be able to save a place for us at the first parade, or will the crowd get very deep and we won't be able to reach her? I guess if we only have to wait about a half hour it won't be so bad, but I read some people line up a lot earlier than that ... Thoughts? FYI: We are going on a Sunday in mid-October.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: