Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2012, 04:21 PM   #1
elizabethdeco2
Earning My Ears

for name of city an hour North of Disney World for Hotels

I am not familiar with the names of the Cities or Towns on the way to Disney World...So please help me if you can. We would like to pre-book a hotel to stay in the night before we check in..And would like it to be just about 45 min to an hour away. (North of Disney)
elizabethdeco2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 04:33 PM   #2
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer
I just spent 30 minutes on youtube watching people clean their ears out

Maybe Ocala. If we can't make it all the way down to Orlando the night before we check in at Disney we like to stay in Ocala or even north of that in Lake City.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-09-2012, 04:45 PM   #3
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

I would go with Ocala, also. It's roughly 60-90 minutes away. Gainesville is another 30-45 minutes North of Ocala, and Lake City a total of about 2-2.5 hours away. There are lots of hotels in Ocala right on the interstate (I-75).

Coming up: Long weekend at CSR for Veterans' Day

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Claire&TheBoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 05:09 PM   #4
elizabethdeco2
Earning My Ears

Thanks...So is Ocala the only option closer? Im looking into that and it seems to be an hour & 1/2 away? We would like an hour at most or less...Or can some reccommend a Hotel they have stayed in that safe & clean!...?
Old 09-09-2012, 05:19 PM   #5
Elleshoodat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabethdeco2
I am not familiar with the names of the Cities or Towns on the way to Disney World...So please help me if you can. We would like to pre-book a hotel to stay in the night before we check in..And would like it to be just about 45 min to an hour away. (North of Disney)
This isn't meant to be rude, but if you're going to be 45 minutes to an hour away, why not drive to Lake Buena Vista or Kissimmee and spend the night closer to WDW?

Thanksgiving 1988, Offsite * June 1991, Beach Club * Easter 1995, Dixie Landings * June 1999, All-Star Movies * Easter 2005, Offsite * September 2007, Caribbean Beach * October 2008, Lake Buena Vista Best Western * May 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * October 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * April 2010, Port Orleans French Quarter * May 2012, Port Orleans French Quarter (Read our trip report here!) * October 2013, Wilderness Lodge
Elleshoodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 05:47 PM   #6
elizabethdeco2
Earning My Ears

We will be arriving at or around midnight and would like to get some sleep before we get to our hotel to pre check in and head to the parks for the day.

We will have been on the road for around 12 hours or more by then...And exhausted from that...Its hard to just drive till we get close and find' a hotel with availability...at that point, we have tried that before and did not work out. ~Suggestions?

PS.....WE usually take 95 all the way down.... What is the area's off 95?

Last edited by elizabethdeco2; 09-09-2012 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Adding info
Old 09-09-2012, 08:12 PM   #7
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabethdeco2 View Post
We will be arriving at or around midnight and would like to get some sleep before we get to our hotel to pre check in and head to the parks for the day.

We will have been on the road for around 12 hours or more by then...And exhausted from that...Its hard to just drive till we get close and find' a hotel with availability...at that point, we have tried that before and did not work out. ~Suggestions?

PS.....WE usually take 95 all the way down.... What is the area's off 95?
OK, if you're coming I-95, then Ocala is not on your way. Once you get off I-95 onto I-4 towards Orlando, there are quite a few towns out that way. Deltona, Deland, Sanford. Since we don't drive in that way (we come I-75 to the Turnpike) I don't know exactly how far they are, but I'm sure someone does. You might also try the DIS Transportation Board (go to Forum Jump at the bottom of the page, drop down menu and find Transportation). I know there's a whole thread there dedicated to tips on driving down I-95.

Oh, and welcome to the DIS!

Coming up: Long weekend at CSR for Veterans' Day

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!

Last edited by Claire&TheBoys; 09-09-2012 at 08:13 PM. Reason: edit
Claire&TheBoys is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: