Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2010, 02:07 PM   #16
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Don't go to TJ's....I got sick from eating there and we haven't been back.

We love Rancho in DLR and we found Cocina to be very similar, it's not the best Mexican food but it's not bad. I had chicken tacos and they were very good.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 02:16 PM   #17
prncssmel
Brunette Cinderella

Quote:
Originally Posted by brergnat View Post
Sorry, have to DISAGREE with this suggestion. That place is overpriced and YUCK! Sorry...but I cannot stand dark meat chicken, and this is what they use for all their chicken dishes there. Probably more "authentic", but something that just makes me wanna gag...
Did you go to the Tacqueria (walk up window) or the sitdown restaurant? Totally different food - walkup is great. We have only ever had white meat chicken, and we have been many times.
Register to remove

Old 07-19-2010, 04:40 PM   #18
Disneyland_Mama
His head instantly inflated!!!
I don't suck!!! I ROCK!!!
DIS juices are a flowin'!!

Quote:
Sorry, have to DISAGREE with this suggestion. That place is overpriced and YUCK! Sorry...but I cannot stand dark meat chicken, and this is what they use for all their chicken dishes there. Probably more "authentic", but something that just makes me wanna gag...
Why do you think dark meat is more "authentic"?

I don't do sit-down Mexican - I can make better at home. But the take-out is NOT overpriced and is pretty good.

Perhaps you're used to Taco Bell?
Old 07-19-2010, 08:00 PM   #19
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

We did the take out window, the girls did take out from Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen, DBF and myself got sick, the girls did not. Every other meal we ate at the same place so I'm sure our sickness was from TJ's. I am aware that they took out the window and now it's a bar area and I have heard inside is different but we still don't have the desire to go back.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 09:24 PM   #20
Disneyland_Mama
His head instantly inflated!!!
I don't suck!!! I ROCK!!!
DIS juices are a flowin'!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiewings71 View Post
We did the take out window, the girls did take out from Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen, DBF and myself got sick, the girls did not. Every other meal we ate at the same place so I'm sure our sickness was from TJ's. I am aware that they took out the window and now it's a bar area and I have heard inside is different but we still don't have the desire to go back.
I don't blame you. I've gotten sick from take-out and I still can't go back to the place that will remain nameless. coughcoughJackintheBoxcoughcough.

They didn't take out the window, though. They actually made it a legit counter service restaurant and even put more tables and chairs in a patio area. Ooh, and totally OT, but the take out from Jazz Kitchen has the most to die for bread pudding.
Old 09-09-2012, 12:03 PM   #21
tarotmancy
Earning My Ears

My wife and I have season passports and will generally eat at the rancho de zocalo, which is a wonderful value. It's a shame that the same cannot be said for it's california adventure counterpart. We were there two days ago, my wife had the half chicken and enjoyed it. I had the asada w/chicken tamale. The tamale was good although it was soggy and fell apart when the wrapping was removed. The rice was dry, the beans over-cooked, and the asada might be fine for steak lovers however I found it to be tough, dry, and nearly flavorless. It was like shoe leather with burned pepper on it.
tarotmancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 12:14 PM   #22
Camonkeygirl
Mouseketeer

DH and I prefer Rancho de Zocalo. We will split the Carne Asada plate.
Old 09-09-2012, 12:37 PM   #23
DLRfan31
A Pirate's Life for Me!

Another vote for Rancho de Zocalo. The food is pretty good for disney fare and servings are large so DH and I always split something. Also love their salads. They make them fresh right when you order. They're very good about preparing it to your request.

Cocina is okay but not near the "atmosphere" as Rancho. I love the decor and size of RDZ. Always have been able to find a good seat and enjoy our meal.
DLRfan31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 01:02 PM   #24
dana278
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thanks for this info! It's good to know, because I'm with you...I can't stand dark meat chicken. I wonder if the fajita chicken is white meat. I don't think I've ever had dark meat fajita chicken anywhere ever.
dana278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 01:11 PM   #25
Here4mydisneyfix
Andrew Sutton, you genious man, you! She will remember the Rose forever...

LOVE it! The hubs and I both do! The portions are huge, so the value is really good. We usually split the soft taco plate and the little kids chicken and rice meal with applesauce and a drink is only $3.99 and it is plenty of food for even our 6 year old! AWESOME value!
Old 09-09-2012, 01:35 PM   #26
larina
DIS Veteran

We ate at Cocina Cucamonga during both our trips last year. We enjoy it. It doesn't hurt that we can get other things (soup bowls, orange chicken, etc) if someone doesn't feel in the mood for Mexican (there's one in every group, lol) OR that we can get margaritas (from the nearby stand) with our meal. Is it gourmet dining? No, that's what we go to Napa Rose for? Is it good food in the park? Yep, it sure is.
larina is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: