Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2012, 01:50 PM   #1
Jovigrrl
Earning My Ears

Bonnet Creek vs. Orange Lake

I'm curious if someone can help with pros & cons of these 2 resorts. We are currently booked at Orange Lake River Island in a 2-bedroom for 3 nights then we are moving to OKW for 5 nights.

I know people who've stayed at both. Would like some more input.

Thank you!
Jovigrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:25 AM   #2
meeshkamooshka
please exit to your left...

sorry , I have not stayed at either but will be staying at Orange lake resort - River Island
will get back to you on how it was in a few months..
ANY POST I MAKE ON THE BOARD IS " MY" OPINION, YOU ARE ENTITLED TO YOUR OWN OPINION. AS A MATURE ADULT, RESPECTFUL AND TOLERANT DIALOGUE BEGINS WITH ACCEPTING EACH OTHERS POINT OF VIEW - EVEN IF THEY DIFFER. BECAUSE WE ALL HAVE DIFFERENT BACKGROUND KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCES, WE FORM DIFFERENT OPINIONS. VARIOUS OPINIONS CAN SHED NEW LIGHT AND NEW APPROACHES, ULTIMATELY WE WOULD FAIL TO MAKE PROGRESS IN OUR DEMOCRACY WITHOUT THEM! BUT AGAIN,THIS IS ALL "MY" OPINION!

FOR SOME REASON I ALWAYS GET HUNGRY FOR ONIONS, WHEN I READ THE WORD OPINION!
meeshkamooshka is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-09-2012, 11:35 AM   #3
meeshkamooshka

Here are some picturesin the meantime....

I am staying at a friends time share at:

Orange Lake - River Island - Signature Collection

photos below:

just go here for more pictures:
http://www.holidayinnclub.com/pressk...oFL/index.html
ANY POST I MAKE ON THE BOARD IS " MY" OPINION, YOU ARE ENTITLED TO YOUR OWN OPINION. AS A MATURE ADULT, RESPECTFUL AND TOLERANT DIALOGUE BEGINS WITH ACCEPTING EACH OTHERS POINT OF VIEW - EVEN IF THEY DIFFER. BECAUSE WE ALL HAVE DIFFERENT BACKGROUND KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCES, WE FORM DIFFERENT OPINIONS. VARIOUS OPINIONS CAN SHED NEW LIGHT AND NEW APPROACHES, ULTIMATELY WE WOULD FAIL TO MAKE PROGRESS IN OUR DEMOCRACY WITHOUT THEM! BUT AGAIN,THIS IS ALL "MY" OPINION!

Last edited by meeshkamooshka; 09-09-2012 at 11:37 AM. Reason: link error
Old 09-09-2012, 11:49 AM   #4
meeshkamooshka

restaurants near orange lake...

I did read that the restaurants weren't so great , may give one a try, but there is a publix ( grocery) and a SUPER TARGET close by

and a number of restaurants NEARBY:

OUTBACK ( will be getting my wings for sure!)
OLIVE GARDEN
FLIPPERS PIZZA ( which I heard was good)
Carrabbas Italian
BUffalo WIld WIngs ( more wings for sure!)
Long Horn Steakhouse
Craker Barrel

Old 09-09-2012, 12:46 PM   #5
FayeW
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeshkamooshka View Post
Here are some picturesin the meantime....

I am staying at a friends time share at:

Orange Lake - River Island - Signature Collection

Oh my! WOW, that place is stunning!

OK, now I have a new mission: To find the best price on that resort so I can stay there in Feb!
FayeW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 12:58 PM   #6
meeshkamooshka

I hope it is as nice as it lookS!

the signature collection seems to be the top end , but there seems to be alot of choices at orange lake...

also, those are the pro pics...Ive seen places look so good and then I get there and I am like...are you kidding this was the same place as I saw in the picture LOL and I immediately CHECK OUT and find somewhere else...

but this is a first for me staying off site ( ok second time actually, did the waldorf astoria for a day or so at a deeply discounted rate!)

ANYHOO, below are non professional pics from TRIP ADVISOR to balance it out...

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...e_Florida.html

Old 09-09-2012, 01:05 PM   #7
meeshkamooshka

I forgot to add, there was a horrible accident not to long ago at the orange lake putt putt

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-...i-golf-in-fla/

Ill be honest I thought twice about it after reading that, but it really was an accident that could happen anywhere...seems a GFI outlet ( where it trips the breaker ) was not used by a contractor, it was around a water feature and the water at the put putt was "live"

I feel horrible for the parents of this little girl...even the money they get from the lawsuit will not replace the emptiness of losing their daughter

Old 09-09-2012, 01:49 PM   #8
Detailor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeshkamooshka View Post
I did read that the restaurants weren't so great , may give one a try, but there is a publix ( grocery) and a SUPER TARGET close by

and a number of restaurants NEARBY:

OLIVE GARDEN
Carrabbas Italian
Long Horn Steakhouse
Craker Barrel
Add to those, an Applebees, a Bahama Breeze, an Orlando Ale House, a Sweet Tomatoes and a China Star either at the Orange Lake east entrance or across the street on the property in front of Target. And Giordano's, Chick fil A, Red Lobster, Burger King, McDonalds, and others just down SR-192.

Dick Taylor
1961 New Years - The Disneyland Hotel, 1977 February - someplace on I-Drive that doesn't exist anymore, 1997 March - Sheraton Vistana Resort, 1998 February - Cypress Pointe, 1999 March - Orange Lake Country Club, 2000 February - Vacation Villas at Fantasy World, 2001 March - Orange Lake Country Club, 2002 March - Hilton Grand VacationClub at Sea World, 2003 March - Sheraton Vistana Resort, 2004 March - Orange Lake Country Club, 2005 February - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2005 June - Marriott's Grande Vista, 2006 February - Pool House in Davenport, 2006 June - Tampa Doubletree, 2007 March - Marriott's Grande Vista, 2007 July - Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort, 2008 February - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2008 March - Marriott's Grande Vista, 2008 June - Cypress Pointe, 2009 February - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2009 June - Marriott's Sabal Palms, 2010 February/March - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2010 December - Sheraton Vistana Villages, 2011 December - Sheraton Vistana Villages, 2012 December - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2013 March - Westin Lake Mary Orlando North
Detailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 02:10 PM   #9
meeshkamooshka

THanks Detailor for this more complete list !

RESTAURANTS NEAR AND AROUND ORANGE LAKE RESORT

OLIVE GARDEN
Carrabbas Italian
Long Horn Steakhouse
Craker Barrel
Applebees
Bahama Breeze
Orlando Ale House
Sweet Tomatoes
China Star
Giordano's,
Chick fil A (and yes even more chicken!)
Red Lobster,
Burger King,
McDonalds,
and others just down SR-192.