Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2012, 12:28 PM   #76
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

First of all let me say that the photos and video of James meeting mickey were just adorable! You can tell just how happy he is to be meeting his hero!

And I'm sorry that your meal at WCC went south. We've all been there, and it isn't easy, especially in the heat of the moment. I hope things got better for you as the evening wore on!
Old 08-27-2012, 12:32 PM   #77
ariel1025
DIS Veteran

Magic Kingdom Day: Part Eight

After the tantrum of all tantrums, we made our way over to the boat dock, where a certain little someone was acting like nothing had ever happend

The plan for the rest of the night was to head back to Magic Kingdom with the hopes of accomplishing the Speedway, Haunted Mansion, Parade and Wishes.

After unloading from the boat we loaded James back into his stroller, which was a feat all in itself. Some tears started coming back and I just kept trying to reassure him that he would feel so much better if he laid in his stroller and fell asleep. Yes, I had resorted to trying to rationalize with a 16 month old

Upon entering MK we quickly realized that if we wanted any hopes of having a decent seat for the parade and fireworks that all other plans had to go out the window. Instead, we needed to find a spot big enough for all of us and grab it now!

After walking (very slowly) down Main Street we kept our eyes peeled for the best spot possible. I'm not sure if it was because this is the first time I've really looked for a spot, or because I wanted it to be great for my parents, or the frustration of earlier but it seemed like there wasn't a spot anywhere. This has seriously never happened to me before. We have always been one of those lucky enough to walk up immediately prior to start time and grab a great location. I suggested walking around somewhere away from Main Street, knowing we could probably still get a great view of the parade. But, everyone wanted to be as close as possible to the front of the castle for the fireworks.

Eventually, we realized that the best we were going to get was off to the side a little bit and snagged a spot for all of us.

There were probably 5 rows of people in front of us, but pushing the stroller through anymore crowds just wasn't going to happen. My Mom was definitely upset, and voicing it, because she was worried that she wasn't going to be able to see the parade. I told her that there were parts she wouldn't see, but that she still wouldn't be disappointed, as Disney does everything great. I don't think she was really convinced but she let it go ... mostly. Did I mention how much my Mom loves parades?

Before too long the parade started and, as expected, there were many floats that were easily visible from our viewpoint.

As expected, James had fallen fast asleep before the parade had ended, in fact before it even began. Another first that he slept right on through

After the parade ended a few people in front of us left, so we moved up about a row closer. Any chance of moving elsewhere just wasn't going to happen. We realized this was the best we were going to get and accepted it! It did get a little frustrating, as where we were standing was in a taped off portion of a walkway so there were several people pushing through and bumping us around. Not really a big deal to me, but then someone pushed through me and literally climbed over the stroller with my sleeping baby inside and I about lost it. A simple "excuse me" would have sufficed and I would have tried to get better out of their way. But, crawling over my stroller? Unacceptable!

Once the crowds mellowed out a little bit I asked Candi if he wanted to go with me to get a snack. I was still hungry and a Coke and ice cream sounded fabulous at that moment. We got order requests from my parents and headed over to the first food stand we could find. When we were next in line I heard music starting to play and realized I had forgotten all out the Magic, Memories and You show on the castle.

We were able to grab our food and make it back to my family before we had missed too much of it. I have to admit, I liked the show but didn't overly love it like many people I've read about. Perhaps I just wasn't in the right mindset. I did keep hoping to see a PP picture of my baby meeting Mickey though! I never did, but there are so many pictures up there at a time that maybe it was and I just didn't see it

Once the new show came to an end a few more people left and we once again moved up about half a row. And then it was time. My all-time favorite show in all of Disney, Wishes!

I didn't take too many pictures, as I really just like to absorb it all. It still is such an emotional show for me to watch. About halfway through, James started whimpering so I squatted down next to him to calm him down. He opened his eyes, smiled at me, grabbed my finger with his little hand and held it tight for the rest of the show while he continued to sleep. In that moment, all arguments, tantrums and tears left my mind. I was reminded that not every minute of the day was perfect, but it was still a perfect day!

At the conclusion of Wishes we quickly hollered a meeting spot to my parents in case we got separated and started making our way up Main Street with the masses. After a couple minutes the crowds seemed to disappear and we caught up with my parents. As we were walking along, I reminded my Dad that we all still had snack credits left and suggested he use his on fudge - his favorite!

He easily caved to the idea and we all headed inside to grab some treats. I got in line with my Dad to get some yummy treats from the counter and Candi, James and my Mom went to walk around to see what they could find. The line was long, but moved pretty quickly. Once we got to the front I placed my order for some toffee, a piece of fudge and a Mickey cookie for James. My Dad ordered all fudge and the girl told him they were having a special on the fudge. I think it was buy 4 pieces and get 2 free or something similar. He told her he was using snack credits and she assured him it was still valid. To say he was ecstatic was an understatement.

After I "paid" for my treats I went to go find Candi so we could make a pressed penny for James (we have a small collection from all the places we've visited so far). I found him pretty quickly and saw that he had also used up his credits on a Coke, cotton candy, and ... a Mickey cookie for Cinco

We also found my Mom who didn't want anything (craziness!) and was just enjoying all the small touches of the shop.

I noticed my Dad was still at the counter and figured he was still picking out flavors of fudge. After he finished and got back to us I found out that after they rung everything up the girl realized she had misinformed him about using snack credits for the special. He said it made sense that it wasn't allowed, but he was pretty bummed that he was told it did only to find out he couldn't.

With bags full of goodies and a penny for James we made our way to the MK bus stop for the final time this trip. We were all exhausted but all sat on the bus with perma-grins attached to our faces. It had been a long day, but a great day!

After making it back to our room we found the paperwork with the information for our cruise the next day which built up the excitement for everyone, I think. We went over to my parent's room to quickly form a game plan for the morning, make sure they got their paperwork and give them the shirts I made for all of us to wear the next day and then quickly said good night.

At this point I was so tired I felt like I couldn't move, but the night was far from over for us. I desperately needed a shower form all the humidity, James needed a bath because it's his cue that it's bedtime and the biggest bummer, we had laundry to do

I contemplated for a moment just waiting to do the laundry on the cruise, but decided against it as it's not how I wanted to spend my first night on the ship and it was free for us at the hotel since we are DVC. Since James was now pretty wide awake, we decided to just all go to the laundry room together to let him wind down a little bit. But first, we had to figure out where the laundry room was. I looked on the resort map but could only find the one for non-DVC guests where you had to pay. So we headed down to the front desk to ask. We got a very nice CM but he wasn't even aware that such a laundry room existed and other CMs were busy with other guests. I finally told Candi that it makes sense that it wouldn't be on the map (so that others aren't aware of it) and that it probably is on the DVC floor A quick walk around and we located it no problem! We quickly loaded up two washers of laundry (yes, that much in 2 days ) and headed back to the room to wait for it to finish.

James was still raring to go so we took one of his cookies out to the balcony to enjoy our last night at AKL together. It was so peaceful out there and we all had a great time just lounging around.

After 30 minutes or so I went to go put the laundry into the dryer and Candi put James in the tub. I got back and saw a partially tired James watching Mickey Mouse and knew the bath had worked to get him sleepy. Candi and I took turns taking showers and then Candi went to go grab the laundry. While he was gone James decided he didn't need pants to sleep and kept pulling off his PJ bottoms. I found this hysterical and could not stop laughing at him, which of course got him laughing and waking up. Oops!

A few minutes later we put James' pj's back on (again) and reminded him it was time to go night-night. It only took about 10 minutes and he was snoring away with his Mickey in one hand and Pluto in the other

Unfortunately, the clothes had not dried in the first cycle so Candi had to start a second one meaning it would be another 45 minutes before we cold all join our little guy in dreamland. Candi told me not to worry about it and he would get the clothes. I think I protested for all of 30 seconds before I agreed and was snoring away myself ...

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-27-2012, 12:48 PM   #78
amandaw
DIS Veteran

What a great update! So happy that y'alls night ended on a high note!

It's so frustrating trying to get through those parade crowds with a stroller. And the person trying to climb OVER the stroller... People just don't think.

And what a sweet moment with your baby during Wishes!

That was a great idea to use up y'alls snack credits before leaving MK! Fudge is on my "must get" list for this year.

Glad y'all were able to get the laundry done before heading to the boat. So excited to hear what y'all thought of the cruise!!
Old 08-27-2012, 11:16 PM   #79
katylady
Earning My Ears

Smile

James with Mickey and Minnie looked so adorable! I hope that my little guy has a similar experience - he really seems to love Mickey. I feel for you with that meltdown. It stinks not to be able to calm them down.
Looking forward to hearing about your cruise. I so want to do one some day!

Katy
DS (1)

Old 08-28-2012, 02:28 AM   #80
ShortStuff
Mouseketeer

Oh my goodness, what a cutie patootie little Cinco is!!! Quite the flirt with Minnie also!! He was so cute with Mickey and Minnie, you could tell they didn't want little Cinco to leave them!! Too, too cute! It seems as Moms, we are usually the one to 'take the hit', when a toddler melts down during a meal.'

So sorry this happened, but I'm so happy the night turned out ok!!!

Can't wait for the cruise portion of your trip report!! :
Old 08-28-2012, 11:08 PM   #81
ariel1025
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
What a great update! So happy that y'alls night ended on a high note!

It's so frustrating trying to get through those parade crowds with a stroller. And the person trying to climb OVER the stroller... People just don't think.

And what a sweet moment with your baby during Wishes!

That was a great idea to use up y'alls snack credits before leaving MK! Fudge is on my "must get" list for this year.

Glad y'all were able to get the laundry done before heading to the boat. So excited to hear what y'all thought of the cruise!!
Thanks! I can honestly say, I don't think I've ever had a bad ending to a night in Disney. I think that no matter how rough moments can get, it's easy to look around and see all the good when you're there

Quote:
Originally Posted by katylady View Post
James with Mickey and Minnie looked so adorable! I hope that my little guy has a similar experience - he really seems to love Mickey. I feel for you with that meltdown. It stinks not to be able to calm them down.
Looking forward to hearing about your cruise. I so want to do one some day!

Katy
Thank you When does your little guy get to meet Mickey?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
First of all let me say that the photos and video of James meeting mickey were just adorable! You can tell just how happy he is to be meeting his hero!

And I'm sorry that your meal at WCC went south. We've all been there, and it isn't easy, especially in the heat of the moment. I hope things got better for you as the evening wore on!
Thank you so much! The best part is he still lights up whenever we show him the vide

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortStuff View Post
Oh my goodness, what a cutie patootie little Cinco is!!! Quite the flirt with Minnie also!! He was so cute with Mickey and Minnie, you could tell they didn't want little Cinco to leave them!! Too, too cute! It seems as Moms, we are usually the one to 'take the hit', when a toddler melts down during a meal.'

So sorry this happened, but I'm so happy the night turned out ok!!!

Can't wait for the cruise portion of your trip report!! :
Thank you, thank you! He never seems to care when Minnie is on TV so I was shocked at how much he was loving on her!

Uploading and organizing photos for the cruise now
Old 08-29-2012, 09:33 AM   #82
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

I've never seen the Magic, Memories & You show but I've heard great things about it. It's run ends on September 3rd so I'm going to try and check it out before then!

I can't believe that guy climbed over your stroller? What was he thinking? Thank God he didn't lose his balance or get pushed and fall on the baby - what an idiot!

You've now got me craving that toffee, yum!

Glad the night ended on a happy note
Old 09-01-2012, 01:36 PM   #83
ariel1025
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
I've never seen the Magic, Memories & You show but I've heard great things about it. It's run ends on September 3rd so I'm going to try and check it out before then!

I can't believe that guy climbed over your stroller? What was he thinking? Thank God he didn't lose his balance or get pushed and fall on the baby - what an idiot!

You've now got me craving that toffee, yum!

Glad the night ended on a happy note
Yay for getting the opportunity to catch Magic, Memories & You before they end the run

Yeesh, I'm so glad the stroller incident didn't turn into something resulting in injury for anybody. Though, if I'm being honest, the thought "I wonder how hard I can ram his ankles with the stroller without it being obvious" did run through my mind as he was walking away

I love, love, love toffee!!
Old 09-01-2012, 02:15 PM   #84
ariel1025
DIS Veteran

Alllllll Aboard! Cinco & Family are now boarding the Disney Magic!

The Land, The Sea, and the Dark Side ... With a Toddler! The (Cruise) TR has begun

Hope to see y'all at sea

Last edited by ariel1025; 09-01-2012 at 02:56 PM.
Old 09-01-2012, 02:31 PM   #85
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariel1025 View Post
Alllllll Aboard! Cinco & Family are now boarding the Disney Magic!

The Land, The Sea, and the Dark Side ... With a Toddler! The (Cruise) TR has begun

Hope to see y'all at sea
Having trouble with your link.

Jill in CO
Old 09-01-2012, 02:57 PM   #86
ariel1025
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Having trouble with your link.

Jill in CO
Oh-oh! Thanks for pointing that out. Fixed now
Old 09-09-2012, 11:37 AM   #87
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Great updates! I have about died of the cuteness overload that was James and Mickey meeting for the first time! What an incredible moment!

I'm so sorry to hear about your WCC meal being less than magical. I'm sure this happens to everyone at one point or another. I know we'll have one in our future as well!

Going over to check out the cruise TR now!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: