Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2012, 07:45 AM   #1
vwprncss
Earning My Ears

First Time DCL cruiser!!! :)

I am sooo excited about our first cruise... Unfortunately my husband can't make it due to military obligations, so my sister is going with us!! It's me, my sister and 7 year old son and almost 5 year old daughter... We have some bippidi boppidi boutique appointments scheduled and I already ordered pillowcases to leave at the front desk! Is there anything else we "just can't miss" or have to see/do?! I would love any and all information and helpful hints!! Thanks so much!!
vwprncss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:12 AM   #2
Mokat76
DisKat

Sorry your hubby can't make it. Those military obligations can bite you at the worst times, eh?

Make sure to do the live shows each night. They're so good and obviously family friendly. People go nuts wanting to be first in the the theater to get the "best" seats. Truth be told all the seats have good views so no sense getting caught up in that. If you're there 15 minutes or so before show time you'll have plenty of choices.

The Navigator is your best friend. It's the daily schedule that will be placed in your room each evening by your cabin steward. Brings some highlighters so you can annotate the things you want to do. There are more than you can possibly fit in.

Order Mickey Bars for dessert in the main dining room.

I'm betting your kids will love the kids clubs so you and your sister can do some adult stuff while there having fun with the kids. A great time for that for sure might be if you book Palo for brunch. Kids can't go there and there's a dress code, but it's such a nice experience.

Fireworks on pirate night. Enough said.

Characters abound. Your kids will love it. So will you.

Find your cruise meet up thread and join in. You'll make some friends in advance and get some good ideas from that group for your specific cruise.

You can ask to be seated alone in the main dining room or you can be seated with another family. As a group of four you'll need to tell DCL or your TA if you want just a table for four or they might pair you. Disney is amazing at pairing groups. Or you can join up with someone you meet on your cruise meet site.

Relax and enjoy it. You'll all have a blast.
Mokat76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: