Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2012, 05:33 PM   #1141
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
I thought I would stop by...

I know this is quite strange, we post in a lot of the same PTRs/Trs - but I never knew you had one... So, I am umm.... 72 pages behind, not sure if I will ever catch up, but I will try to read the highlights!

I love how you plan to reveal the trip! Off to read for a while.

D~
D, welcome. Thank you so much for joining. Yes, I've seen you on lots of the threads I'm part of, and I am honored you have joined us.

I can't wait to see the look on hubby's face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilisis View Post
Poor Cayley! I hope she heals quickly.
Only 8 days for you!
The trip will be here before I know it...I hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
Fantastic News!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Great news!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
So glad that she is okay and they were able to take care of the problem. And I know you're thrilled they can still give you grandbabies!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by solana131 View Post
Yay! Great news!
Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Great news!!!

Love the slippers, btw
Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
great news
Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
I'm glad know it was a successful surgery! Wishing her a speedy recovery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Wishing Alisha speedy healing! Glad it went well
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
that the surgery is over, sending prayers for great news from the results!
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
What AWESOME news!!! So glad that all went well and that Alisha can sport her really cool kitty slippers! What a relief to have that worry behind you and your family.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie12591 View Post
So happy to know your sweet Alisha is doing well and will be able to give you lots of grandbabies!!

Her kitty slippers are beyond cute, love the bright colored flowers too. Those were the same colors I got my sisters graduation flowers in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
So Glad Alisha is okay, that's one less worry for you!! Love the way you will let Mark in on his Birthday trip !!!
THANK ALL OF YOU for the good wishes for Alisha. Mark talked to her last night (I had talked to her in the afternoon) and she was still sore, but starting to feel better. Today she was taking a nap when I called, so I'll call her tomorrow.
Old 09-08-2012, 05:38 PM   #1142
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by moira222 View Post
gee whiz, miss 10 days of a ptr and holy cow things are hopping here kathy!

i realized i had to get a move on as the trip snuck up on me.

i read up on my nook and can't multi quote -- so my comments are all over the place.

First i love how you're telling mark. That is awesome. Can't wait to see pictures of his reaction!

thanks.

i didn't realize that december was your first christmas time trip. That makes it even more exciting!

very first december tripoo hard while the kids were in school and with sports.

have imentioned that i am jealous you are hitting my two most-want-to-be-in-disney times of the year this year? Have twice as much fun for me!!

i will.

serious note --

i am glad that alisha's problem turned out to be endometriosis -- of all the possibilities, this is the most "resolveable" (is that a word?) and caught early enough (like it sounds like it was) should be no problem for her down the road. Thats worth celebrating!

i was so relieved it was nothing more serious and that they were able to clean her up. She was anervous wreck.

i do hope you mom is on the upswing now -- i've followed your fb posts to see what's been going on too. I do have your family in my prayers -- you seem to have been hit with a whammy of things.

she should have results of biopsy on monday; i just talked to her a little while ago and she was feeling nauseous and they gave her somethign for it.

poor cayley!!! She will love the cookies as she is healing - that picture is so sad (and a little mom-humour here as mary thought to take a picture & send it!)

i thought to myself....only mary would think to take that picture.

i'm so glad tim posted juliana's photos here (i haven't been over to your tr lately tim, sorry!) she is so big! And the hair cut is just gorgeous -- how great to do a good deed and look good in the process

[color="red"]juliana has turned into quite the little "sassy" dresser and i love it!

where did you get your ticker from? Is it an iphone app? (i hope not, i don't have an iphone)

it's from an app i have on my iphone. It's called countown to disney (or something like that)

you'll be there in a week!!! :b anana:
i cannot wait!
Register to remove

Old 09-08-2012, 11:59 PM   #1143
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

Add me to the list of relieved DISers.

So glad it was somrthing thye could take care of immediately and hopefully she has a quick recovery and all stays good.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Old 09-09-2012, 09:26 AM   #1144
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Wow Kathy... So much going on! So glad to hear Alisha is OK & the doctors were able to take care of her, and of course, that you can have lots of grandbabies!

Poor Cayley! Glad she is doing OK now too.

And finally... Yay for single digits!!!
Old 09-09-2012, 09:33 AM   #1145
marvali
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I'll come back with responses later.

Alisha had her surgery and is on her way back to the room (she'll be out of it for another 45 minutes or so). It was endometriosis as they predicted. They were able to zap it all out of there and they told her she'd be able to give ME lots of grandbabies.
Kathy, sorry I haven't been around much lately but it was a rather long and stressful week, with lots of stuff going on at work and away from it too.

So happy to hear things went well with Alisha and they were able to take care of the endometriosis! Hope she recovers quickly!

Love your latest plans, and Teppan Edo is one of my favorites in World Showcase. I need to go back there to eat again soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
You are one busy lady !! I had a rough morning , 2 tires slashed But I just got back from taking Kyle to Ponderosa, while his mom and sisters are at a concert. Got a super senior doscount ( note to Marv, SUPER SENIOR) and kyle a kids price so total was $8 !! We are going to the Peach Fest later on for games and carnival food!!
Yes Rosie, you are one Super Senior!!!

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report
Old 09-09-2012, 12:35 PM   #1146
amandaw
DIS Veteran

So happy to hear that Alisha's surgery went well! And that there shouldn't be any difficulties down the road.
Old 09-09-2012, 01:51 PM   #1148
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
Kathy, sorry I haven't been around much lately but it was a rather long and stressful week, with lots of stuff going on at work and away from it too.

So happy to hear things went well with Alisha and they were able to take care of the endometriosis! Hope she recovers quickly!

Love your latest plans, and Teppan Edo is one of my favorites in World Showcase. I need to go back there to eat again soon!

Yes Rosie, you are one Super Senior!!!
Thank you Marv !!! I needed some encouragement after my day yesterday !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 09-10-2012, 04:45 PM   #1149
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Responses tonight, and perhaps a little highlight of each day coming up

But wanted to share the good news that my mother does NOT have cancer. They've tested her three times due to the shadow by her lung and the pneumonia. She still has the pneumonia, but is getting better. They will keep her in the hospital at least until the end of the week.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:57 PM   #1150
elaine1109
Mouseketeer

Now go down to Disney and have a great time. You and Mark deserve it!! So happy for the good news about your mom. Elaine
Old 09-10-2012, 07:22 PM   #1151
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
But wanted to share the good news that my mother does NOT have cancer. They've tested her three times due to the shadow by her lung and the pneumonia. She still has the pneumonia, but is getting better. They will keep her in the hospital at least until the end of the week.
That is great!!!! Now you can worry less about her, though I'm sure you're still concerned due to the pneumonia, and focus more on your upcoming wonderful trip!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

Old 09-10-2012, 08:18 PM   #1152
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Quote:
more answered prayers what wonderful news, sure the relief you all are feeling is great

Old 09-10-2012, 08:57 PM   #1153
marvali
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Great News Kathy!!! So glad to hear your Mom checked out fine. Always great when that ugly "C" word is a big Unh UH!!!!

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report
Old 09-10-2012, 09:00 PM   #1154
MEK
DIS Veteran

Glad to hear that Alisha's surgery went well. That is certainly good news!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 09-10-2012, 09:25 PM   #1155
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

So relieved for you mom and now like everyone else has said GO to DISNEY and HAVE A BLAST!!!!
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: