Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2012, 02:33 PM   #1
bcl1973
Earning My Ears

First Time Visitors

We are a family of 4 just back from WDW & today just booked our 1st trip to DisneyLand Paris. We are so excited, I'm an avid podcast listener but haven't really taken any notice of DLP news so have got no idea what so ever to expect. I've also become a share holder to benefit from all the amazing offers. Any tips or must do's would be greatly received
bcl1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:27 PM   #2
IsobelJackmummy
Mouseketeer

My main tip is do not go expecting it to be like Florida, it isn't, but dlrp is still a great place. I have been 3 times and am planning a fourth trip!

I have also been to Florida twice.

It's great in that everything is within walking distance, so you can cover everything in a shorter time, and personally I think the detailing at dlp is much better than Orlando, or may be that's just that you have more time to take it all in!

Have fun planning your trip

1999 -WDW off site, 2003 - WDW off site, Feb 2010 - DLRP SL, Oct 2010 -DLRP SL, Feb 2012 - DLRP SL, Feb 2013 - DLRP HNY
IsobelJackmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-06-2012, 05:18 PM   #3
ExpatDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

Location: Currently working for the Mouse in Beijing, China with Disney English.

I totally agree - Disneyland at DLRP is a really beautiful park - and the size is great for a relaxed trip! Park hopping is really fun at DLRP since everything is so near. I really like the website dlrpmagic.com for videos and planning information.
Jill * 1984 DL * 1986 WDW * 1994 Euro Disney * 1996 WDW * 2009 WDW POR * March 2010 DLRP Santa Fe * June 2010 DLRP Magic Circus * November 2010 DLRP Magic Circus * February 2011 DLRP Dream Castle * May 2011 WDW Sheraton Vistana / Hilton Bonnet Creek * September 2011 WDW Night of Joy Hilton DTD * March 2012 WDW Pop * April 2012 WDW AKL * May 2012 WDW SSR * August 2014 HKDL Disneyland Hotel * December 2014 HKDL Hollywood Hotel * February 2015 DLRP Newport Bay Club *
New Trip Reports August and December Hong Kong Disneyland http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3356993http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3323118

Last edited by ExpatDisneyLover; 09-07-2012 at 09:25 AM.
ExpatDisneyLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:37 AM   #4
Jonjo
Mouseketeer

The two parks, hotels and Village at DLRP are much closer together that at WDW so everything is within easy walking distance. DL is larger than the one at MK so take good walking shoes and be prepared for the weather.

DLRP Magic is a very good on-line guide to the resort and I can also highly recoment the book Brit Guide Disneyland Resort Paris. The latest version covers the 20th anniversary at the resort. There is also a voucher in the back of the book with gives 20% off a meal at Planet Hollywood which depending on the size of your party will cover the cost of the book.

Some of the rides at DLP are different to their American counter parts so go on them all to experiance the differance. The other differance is that you can relax with a glass of beer or wine with your meal at DLP.

DLP has some very good resturats too, Walts on Main Street, The Blue Lagoon inside the PoTC ride are just two to try out.
Don't forget to visit the Dragon under the castle, lots of visitors miss this out and you have to see Dreams!, the resorts new night-time show.

If you have any questions about DLRP just ask as I'm sure someone on here will be able to answer it for you.
Jonjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 07:03 AM   #5
donna307
Mouseketeer

Where do start when advising people on DLP and how wonderful it is

In the 6 years I have been in my current job, I have persuaded 5 of my colleagues to take their families to DLP and one of those families have now been 3 times! (and goodness knows how many people outside of my work) I guess it's because I talk about it constantly

Where do you live? I suppose one of the main advantages of DLP is that it is so easy to get to from the UK. And as mentioned above, everything is within walking distance especially if you are staying onsite. If you are going for the very first time, can I recommend staying onsite.. it is more expensive than staying off site but for the first time, I think it really adds to the Disney magic. Have you looked into hotels yet? They vary enormously in price and each have a different theme. Have a look at the official disneyland paris website and DLP Magic as mentioned above to get an idea.

It's also a good idea to read the official brochure before making you go. You can order them for free from the Disneyparis official page.

Did you manage to take advantage of the offer that's on at the mo? When are you going?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: