Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2012, 12:40 AM   #661
Belleoftheballl
Mouseketeer

I will be at the September 25 MNSSHP for my first time! My sister is going as the queen of hearts, I'm still deciding!
Belleoftheballl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 02:14 AM   #662
tiki23
Able to leap a double stroller in a single *splat*
A hot glue gun was my best friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariellover3 View Post
I really wanna go as Ariel this year . I found a costume on amazon. Ariel for adults is kinda hard to find. There's not many other Disney redhead costumes . Giselle, but I don't wanna wear the wedding dress haha. Too much costume for me.
Here's my daughter as "Washed Ashore Ariel" when she uses the ship's sail to wrap around herself. It's a great costume for hot weather!
1st Trip! 11/06 POP~ Christmas Time W/Mom 12/07 POP~ Just Me DL 3/08~ Mom-Son 8/08 POP~Fam & Friends 10/08 DLR~Reunion 9/09 ASMU~Sisters! 9/10 POFQ~ 3/11 w/DD's choir ASMu~ 5/12 EE Challenge w/Sis POP ~w/DH 9/12 AoA~ ToT Run/Reunion 10/13 POP! ~ ASP w/Sis Princess Wknd 2/14 DLand Half Marathon 8/14 11/14 Avenger Half Marathon

Last edited by tiki23; 10-12-2012 at 06:56 PM.
tiki23 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-09-2012, 05:57 AM   #663
ariellover3
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiki23 View Post
Here's my daughter as "Washed Ashore Ariel" when she uses the ship's sail to wrap around herself. It's a great costume for hot weather!
Sorry - I couldn't figure out how to make the photo larger - it's in my member photo gallery.
I love it. How creative!!!! I wish I could put something together like that. Whatcha think about this one:

Last edited by ariellover3; 09-09-2012 at 06:01 AM. Reason: Pic didn't show
ariellover3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 12:22 PM   #664
andeesings
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finally08 View Post
Ariel, Giselle, Kim Possible, Merida, the redhead from POTC, Jessica Rabbit...hmm...thinking....
Haha don't blow up my spot as the POTC redhead!!! I'm saving her for next year... I'm losing weight and I'd rather be a THIN POTC redhead than the size I am now... Though I DID pack away all the fabric and partially done pieces and give a sad little sigh. I'll see you all as that next year!!

This year... I'll be a Lala Orange colour kid with a COOL OJ Sprite purse... And I'll be with Rainbow Brite and Patty O'Green, so all will be cool. :-)
Old 09-09-2012, 01:45 PM   #665
JenNel85
Mouseketeer

When it comes to MNSSHP party costumes...I'd say I have officially gone overboard. It'll be my first time!

I have been obsessed with The Little Mermaid since I was 4 years old, so Ariel was the natural choice. My sister wears a plus-size, so knowing how difficult it can be to find nice Pooh-sized costumes (I'm a size 10, and even I usually JUST fit in the costumes from Party City!), she decided to make herself a Belle costume (the blue dress). It looks AWESOME, so I talked her into making me Ariel's dress (the blue gown).

It started out her making me the long blue shirt, and then ended up with a wild goose chase looking for the exact right color blouse, a navy blue corset (that wasn't too...risque), navy blue shoes (going with flats instead of heels though, obviously!)...and I've even died my hair red. I've always wanted to do it, but now I had a good excuse...and I LOVE it!

I can't wait for all my purchases to arrive and see how it all looks together! I. AM. SOOO. READY.
Old 09-09-2012, 07:44 PM   #666
FairydustyPrincesses
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenNel85
When it comes to MNSSHP party costumes...I'd say I have officially gone overboard. It'll be my first time!

I have been obsessed with The Little Mermaid since I was 4 years old, so Ariel was the natural choice. My sister wears a plus-size, so knowing how difficult it can be to find nice Pooh-sized costumes (I'm a size 10, and even I usually JUST fit in the costumes from Party City!), she decided to make herself a Belle costume (the blue dress). It looks AWESOME, so I talked her into making me Ariel's dress (the blue gown).

It started out her making me the long blue shirt, and then ended up with a wild goose chase looking for the exact right color blouse, a navy blue corset (that wasn't too...risque), navy blue shoes (going with flats instead of heels though, obviously!)...and I've even died my hair red. I've always wanted to do it, but now I had a good excuse...and I LOVE it!

I can't wait for all my purchases to arrive and see how it all looks together! I. AM. SOOO. READY.
Sounds exciting!! I love Ariels town dress a d belles provincial! You two will be lovely together!
Old 09-09-2012, 07:45 PM   #667
FairydustyPrincesses
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiki23

Sorry - I couldn't figure out how to make the photo larger - it's in my member photo gallery.
Well isn't that an out of the box approach to Ariel?! Love the creativeness.
Old 09-09-2012, 10:14 PM   #668
Caboosey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andeesings View Post
Haha don't blow up my spot as the POTC redhead!!! I'm saving her for next year... I'm losing weight and I'd rather be a THIN POTC redhead than the size I am now... Though I DID pack away all the fabric and partially done pieces and give a sad little sigh. I'll see you all as that next year!!

This year... I'll be a Lala Orange colour kid with a COOL OJ Sprite purse... And I'll be with Rainbow Brite and Patty O'Green, so all will be cool. :-)
Rainbow Brite is so excited!
Old 09-09-2012, 10:33 PM   #669
tiki23
Able to leap a double stroller in a single *splat*
A hot glue gun was my best friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariellover3 View Post
I love it. How creative!!!! I wish I could put something together like that. Whatcha think about this one:
Shoot; I couldn't see your pic!
1st Trip! 11/06 POP~ Christmas Time W/Mom 12/07 POP~ Just Me DL 3/08~ Mom-Son 8/08 POP~Fam & Friends 10/08 DLR~Reunion 9/09 ASMU~Sisters! 9/10 POFQ~ 3/11 w/DD's choir ASMu~ 5/12 EE Challenge w/Sis POP ~w/DH 9/12 AoA~ ToT Run/Reunion 10/13 POP! ~ ASP w/Sis Princess Wknd 2/14 DLand Half Marathon 8/14 11/14 Avenger Half Marathon
tiki23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:44 AM   #670
fizbobunny
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by justakrazymom View Post
made taejan's imagineer hard hat:

love this!!
Celebrating My Brother's Birthday and Mardi Gras~~~~~~~Legoland, Disney, and DS#2's First Trip
Oct 2013 BWV and Darkside; Oct 2012 - POR AoA LM; Sept./Oct. 2010 - OldestDS First Trip - ASM Family Suite; Aug./Sept. 2005 - Hurricane Katrina Trip - Offsite; Dec. 2004 - My Graduation Trip - Offsite; and many others I can't remember the dates
fizbobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:04 AM   #671
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizbobunny View Post
love this!!
thank you! Hope to post pictures of all 3 kids costumes later today!

homeschooling mom,Disney freak and more
DxL '99, CBR '00, Pop '11
BWI '12,POFQ '12 , PORS '13 ASSp 2015

The SuperFamily vs. Silverware , Felons and The Little Mermaid Sept 2013 TR Incomplete
justakrazymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:55 AM   #672
TeresaMRoberts
I'm Going to Disney World!

So still working on My son's prince costume and hope to be finished in the next two weeks. Doing a cancer walk on Saturday and I still have to screen print everyone's shirts before then. (waiting on the shirts to be delivered) SO I just need to find time to squeeze his costume in!

I'm still Undecided for me.... and I need to decide start ordering fabrics and trims blablabla Only have like a month to do mine. I'm a fast sewer I finished that Hook costume I showed earlier in only a week! but I'm very picky on my supplies and will order from all over the place to get what I want lol. Took me 2-3 months to get all my supplies for the hook costume.

I'm very torn for myself...

Fairy Godmother to match my DD (cinderella) and DS (prince) or Winifred from Hocus Pocus... (I'm only 27 so it would be a YOUNG Fairy Godmother lol)

OR

Your suggestions?!?

Last edited by TeresaMRoberts; 09-10-2012 at 09:02 AM.
TeresaMRoberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:30 AM   #673
Shleedogg
DIS Veteran

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...10291203_n.jpg

Hopefully that works! Having a heck of a time uploading a photo on my phone.

We're doing the same costumes as last year. Can't believe my girls still fit in them! We had been planning on "Brave" but after I finished dd's Merida costume, DH got wary of the prices. I think he just didn't want to wear a kilt lol!

Shleedogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:18 AM   #674
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

My kids!

My kids costumes are done! I would LOVE a little input on my 10 year olds though.. I want to write something on his shirt that's witty about being the mouse's prisoner but my brain is fried..anyone?

The 7 year is an Imagineer

The 8 year old is? not really sure..but she looks cute eh?

and the 10 year old is a prisoner..

homeschooling mom,Disney freak and more
DxL '99, CBR '00, Pop '11
BWI '12,POFQ '12 , PORS '13 ASSp 2015

The SuperFamily vs. Silverware , Felons and The Little Mermaid Sept 2013 TR Incomplete
justakrazymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:23 AM   #675
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by justakrazymom View Post
My kids costumes are done! I would LOVE a little input on my 10 year olds though.. I want to write something on his shirt that's witty about being the mouse's prisoner but my brain is fried..anyone?
Maybe something on his back about being arrested for having too much fun at the World. Or maybe something about serving a lifetime sentence for stealing his brother's (or better yet, Mom's) Mickey ice cream bar?
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: