Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2012, 09:53 PM   #1861
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sfr90 View Post
1.So would I have to be a cast member and live in Orlando to audition? Or can anyone?
Anyone can audition... but there are auditions specifically for CPs, so you should not attend one of those. But may attend any of the others.

Quote:
2. In high school I was on the dance team for two years and a cheerleader for 2 years. Would that be an advantage for me? Or are the dances SUPER advanced like balet? (around how many 8 counts?)
Yes, any dance experience is a bonus.

The first round is 16 counts, repeated across the floor. From there you may be sent to the standard audition (about 6-8 8 counts) or the advance audition which is more technical.

Quote:
3. I read a post on this thread that was posted I think in 2006 that special consideration is given to people with ''extreme'' heights. I am 4'9 and I am wondering if that is still the case?
YES!!

Quote:
4. I would want to be a fur character or a face character I honestly have no preference but on the Disney auditions website i'm not sure which type of audition I would attend? Would I go to a face character audition?
Go to the Thursday afternoons, you will be considered for both. At your height, I do not recommend a face only.

Quote:
5. I would want to audition in late summer early fall in Orlando but the website only shows auditions through June 28 would it be too risky to wait for one at a later date?
The calendar only goes out so far, there will be more dates posted as it gets closer.

Quote:
6. This question is jumping the gun but let's say when I audition I get a role, would there be easy ways to find roommates or would I live on Disney property keep in mind I will nOt be doing the college program?
Since you are not doing the CP, you are on your own regarding housing and finding a roommate. There are people who post roommate requests here on the DIS, so this is a good place to keep checking.

Quote:
7. I'm under the impression that the audition process is first cut is on overall appearance, then learning a dance, the animation (like decorating a Christmas three) then a final cut?? When wOuld you find out if they will hire me?
Sounds like you watched the YouTube video of the girl who went to the face audition, sadly, a lot of her information is incorrect.

The first round is based on 2 things; height and movement ability.

Then people get split based on their skill; some will get fit for face, some will go to animation, and some will go to advance dance. There is also a puppeteer audition that select individuals may participate in as well.

You will find out at the end of the audition if you have been selected for the pool. If there are immediate openings, you may be offered something on the spot, but that is very very rare.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:12 PM   #1862
Feathers
Ohana!

i can't remember if i've posted here before and if i did it was a long time ago, so maybe some answers have changed.

i'm looking to apply for the international CP (i'm from canada) for the summer of 2013. my top choice is character, specifically fur, followed by attractions.

i was just on the Wonder and spoke with a cast member who did the program in 2005. he told me that it might still be possible to attend auditions after you arrive in florida. if not, how far in advance do they hold auditions for summer? i can travel to an audition if i have to.

i'm also kind of confused about what kind of audition you attend for regular fur characters. i've heard you can go to one where they can pick you out for face and also for fur if you don't look like anyone. i'd probably go to one like that. do all auditions have a dance portion? i've never danced in my life but i do perform silently in mascot style costumes around people of all ages on my own time (in october usually). i'm guessing it might be good to mention, or perhaps even bring in pictures of me in costume?

the first thing the cast member asked about was my height. luckily i'm 4'10 so i know i qualify for quite a few. does disney still actively search for CP workers at my height to be fur characters? my goal is to be very good friends with stitch and i'm also wondering if stitch is still friends with the mice and others in that height range.

and for the CP, would i attend an audition after applying and possibly being accepted? or do i attend the audition after applying, but getting neither declined or accepted?

thanks much for answers.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-25-2012, 06:23 PM   #1863
anelson81993
Mouseketeer

So I have a few questions after reading some of the posts on this thread...
First of all, I have absolutely zero dancing talent. None whatsoever. In fact, I have a medical condition that makes things like dancing rather difficult for me. I also cannot sing. I have no interest in a show/parade role (like a mover, or a character performer in shows like Beauty and the Beast at DHS) that requires any form of dance--I'm interested in a face character role, but without any dancing. Do roles like that exist, or should i just skip the audition altogether?
Second, I happen to be a 5'10" female. Due to the aforementioned medical condition, I cannot be friends with a fur character, and I'd really, really like to be a face character, especially a princess (or a stepsister...or a villian...). Are there face character roles for females in my height range?
I'm planning on auditioning as part of the CP in fall 2013/spring 2014, and if I don't get cast as a performer, I'd like to be a character or ride attendant, but I'd really prefer to be friends with a face character. Is this a possibility for me, or should I just skip the auditioning process altogether?
anelson81993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:32 PM   #1864
Joanna71985
Characters are my friendsSuper CP to the rescue!
I was mostly in Fantasyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by anelson81993 View Post
So I have a few questions after reading some of the posts on this thread...
First of all, I have absolutely zero dancing talent. None whatsoever. In fact, I have a medical condition that makes things like dancing rather difficult for me. I also cannot sing. I have no interest in a show/parade role (like a mover, or a character performer in shows like Beauty and the Beast at DHS) that requires any form of dance--I'm interested in a face character role, but without any dancing. Do roles like that exist, or should i just skip the audition altogether?
Second, I happen to be a 5'10" female. Due to the aforementioned medical condition, I cannot be friends with a fur character, and I'd really, really like to be a face character, especially a princess (or a stepsister...or a villian...). Are there face character roles for females in my height range?
I'm planning on auditioning as part of the CP in fall 2013/spring 2014, and if I don't get cast as a performer, I'd like to be a character or ride attendant, but I'd really prefer to be friends with a face character. Is this a possibility for me, or should I just skip the auditioning process altogether?
It is possible to get character performer without being a dancer (I know people who had never danced before that passed the audition). However...you can not get face without fur (in fact, most CPs are fur only as it is not common for CPs to get face).

Also, at 5'10 that would be too tall for the princesses (they end around 5'7). It would be possible for villains though. And unfortunately, if you aren't able to do fur, I would skip the audition.
Aug 1998- POR March 2003- HS band trip (offsite) Aug 2003- POR Jan 12-Aug 5, 2005: CP Jan 1-5, 2006: AS Sports (solo) May 24, 2006- Jan 5, 2007: CP Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007: Solo (offsite) March 1-3, 2007: Dad+me (offsite) May 16-Aug 10, 2007: CP Aug 10-12, 2007: GF May 21-Aug 15, 2008: CP Aug 15-18, 2008: AKL March 25-29, 2009 (offsite) Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: CP Jan 3-May 14, 2010: CP May 16, 2010~ FT Dream: Feb 12-16, 2012 Fantasy: Oct 20-27, 2012 (East) Dream: Sept 8-12, 2013 Magic: Jan 20-24, 2014 Dream: 3-6, 2014 (for now)
Joanna71985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 01:43 AM   #1865
WDWCPSydney
Earning My Ears

So, for once in my life, being 4'9" will give me an advantage?!?! :D
WDWCPSydney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 10:41 PM   #1866
Sorahana
I <3 Stitch

So...if I end up back at Disney because my husband decides to change his career (and also go to Disney), I'm wondering if I should give this another shot.
Last time I auditioned (4 years ago) they measured me at 5'6" (I'm almost 5'7"), would I stand a chance? I know it's a common height.
~Proud member of the Castaway Club~
Sorahana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 11:45 PM   #1867
psherman42
Mouseketeer

For the first time I'm happy to be short. I'm mouse height.

Disney College Program
Fall 2011: Quick Service Food & Beverage (ABC Commissary)
Spring Advantage 2013: Merchandise (World of Disney)
Fall 2013: Professional Intern
My DCP blog: http://dreamitdoitdisney.tumblr.com/
psherman42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:47 PM   #1868
ValiantHeart
Mouseketeer

I have a question... I have greenish colored eyes. Do they provide you with colored contacts or when you audition, are you only eligible for the characters with your eye color? Like it is my DREAM to be Ariel (and I'm 5'6 so even if they measure me up I think I'm in the right range) but I believe she has blue eyes, not green... Do I have a chance or am I simply out of luck?
ValiantHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:37 AM   #1869
Spo0nfulofSugar
Beginning my Dream

So...I'm curious-tallest and shortest princesses y'all know? Also, how often are villains hired? I'm under the impression they don't hang around the World very often anymore.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:40 AM   #1870
RoyalMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValiantHeart View Post
I have a question... I have greenish colored eyes. Do they provide you with colored contacts or when you audition, are you only eligible for the characters with your eye color? Like it is my DREAM to be Ariel (and I'm 5'6 so even if they measure me up I think I'm in the right range) but I believe she has blue eyes, not green... Do I have a chance or am I simply out of luck?
I don't think eye color has ever been a factor, but I am pretty sure I read in backstage a few years back that Ariel is 5'2" so you wouldn't be in the right range, I'm sorry to say

DH Me DD8 DD6 DS3
RoyalMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:22 PM   #1871
Joanna71985
Characters are my friendsSuper CP to the rescue!
I was mostly in Fantasyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalMom View Post
I don't think eye color has ever been a factor, but I am pretty sure I read in backstage a few years back that Ariel is 5'2" so you wouldn't be in the right range, I'm sorry to say
No, Ariel is taller
Aug 1998- POR March 2003- HS band trip (offsite) Aug 2003- POR Jan 12-Aug 5, 2005: CP Jan 1-5, 2006: AS Sports (solo) May 24, 2006- Jan 5, 2007: CP Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007: Solo (offsite) March 1-3, 2007: Dad+me (offsite) May 16-Aug 10, 2007: CP Aug 10-12, 2007: GF May 21-Aug 15, 2008: CP Aug 15-18, 2008: AKL March 25-29, 2009 (offsite) Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: CP Jan 3-May 14, 2010: CP May 16, 2010~ FT Dream: Feb 12-16, 2012 Fantasy: Oct 20-27, 2012 (East) Dream: Sept 8-12, 2013 Magic: Jan 20-24, 2014 Dream: 3-6, 2014 (for now)
Joanna71985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 04:35 PM   #1872
aznshents
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlioz70 View Post

You will find out at the end of the audition if you have been selected for the pool. If there are immediate openings, you may be offered something on the spot, but that is very very rare.
Really? They tell you at the end? That makes sense, considering the last time I went to an audition they told me I was good to go and not that I had made it into the pool, but the OTHER time I went they did tell me I made it into the pool. Shucks.
aznshents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 05:03 PM   #1873
almartinez1219
Earning My Ears

I'm really interested in being a character performer on the DCP (Applying for Fall 2013). I don't have much dance experience but I can keep up pretty well when being taught a dance so I was wondering if that will hurt me when auditioning. Also, I'm a 5'9", female so would be be a problem for getting a character? I'd do fur or face since I'm out of princess height range!
almartinez1219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 02:32 AM   #1874
HalJordan
Earning My Ears

Measure Up

First i know i've asked this before but i want to get multiple opinions so...

Hey so I am Auditioning on Oct 21 in Austin for a character role ... firstly let me say i understand the audition is primarily for fur and only sometimes do they pull you for Face ... Also i have previous experience as both a face and costume character from six flags (I love doing this by the way) and really want to become friends with a Prince but im like 5' 9" - 5' 9.5" (Depending on time of day) ... so my questions are as follows

1) How lenient are casting directors in the height department if they like your look for a character? (I have been told by CP friends that i have a good look for a prince and that casting sometimes fudge's your "Disney height"

2) Have you heard of a 5' 9" Prince before?

3) If i don't get face what costume characters are in my range?

4) Here's a link to some pics of me what chance do i have in your opinion

arreaux . tumblr . com
HalJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:40 PM   #1875
kayotik
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalJordan View Post
First i know i've asked this before but i want to get multiple opinions so...

Hey so I am Auditioning on Oct 21 in Austin for a character role ... firstly let me say i understand the audition is primarily for fur and only sometimes do they pull you for Face ... Also i have previous experience as both a face and costume character from six flags (I love doing this by the way) and really want to become friends with a Prince but im like 5' 9" - 5' 9.5" (Depending on time of day) ... so my questions are as follows

1) How lenient are casting directors in the height department if they like your look for a character? (I have been told by CP friends that i have a good look for a prince and that casting sometimes fudge's your "Disney height"

2) Have you heard of a 5' 9" Prince before?

3) If i don't get face what costume characters are in my range?

4) Here's a link to some pics of me what chance do i have in your opinion

arreaux . tumblr . com
1. The most I've ever heard of someone being measured up or down is 2 inches. Disney tries to get as close as possible to your actual height. They will only purposely measure you up/down if they are desperate for people in a certain height range. Unfortunately, it is very difficult to get face, especially as a CP. They have a lot of people to choose from, so they can afford to be very picky. Definitely still audition, you never know what will happen, but just don't be too surprised if you don't get pulled for a prince.

2. I'm not sure. It's probably happened at some point or other, but I don't know of any specific instances off the top of my head.

3. I'm not 100% positive, but I believe you'd be the right height for: Prince John, Brer Fox, Eeyore, Shaker, Tweedles, Liverlips, Dumbo, Geppetto. This is based on a list someone else posted a while ago (on the first page of this thread, actually if you care to look for yourself), but I'm not sure if it is completely accurate.

4. I'm not Disney, so I can't say for sure what they are looking for, and as I said, they can afford to be very picky. But I don't see any obvious reason why you wouldn't be able to be a face/specifically prince.

Not that it helps, but I know how you feel, in a way. I am in love with all things The Lion King and I reallllyyyyyy want to be friends with either Timon or Rafiki, but I'm about 2 inches too tall for Timon and 2 inches too short for Rafiki, so the chances of me getting measured up/down to either of those is slim to none. :/

I'm still auditioning anyway, though. Oct. 12 in Denver. Good luck.
kayotik is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: