DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2012, 10:38 PM   #16
DisneyDaze36
Mouseketeer

This past year we went to disney and stayed at the beach club villas. We had a reservation and my brother had one as well. We contacted member services and had them link the reservations in an attempt to get us close together. We checked in on a Saturday and my brother checked in on a Monday. We had low expectations regarding room placement but hoped for the best. To our surprise, our villas were right next to each other and we had an amazing time. I know that this is completely dependent on the scheduling but the bottom line is...link your reservations (using confirm numbers and member numbers) and you could be placed in close proximity to each other. We were fortunate... I wish you luck!

DisneyDaze36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 01:00 AM   #17
Chim Chiminy
Only problem is stale marshmallows sting..........especially when hit repeatedly in the behind.........

My experience with this had not been good at WDW. We have a number of times and at different resorts been placed on different floors, at OKW different buildings in the Turtle Pond area that were not even close.
Our successful experience was this summer at VGC, two one bedroom villas just a few doors apart. Made it easier to hang out and enjoy time together.

July 2010 BCV/AKV/VB trip
October 2010 DCL/BCV trip
Chim Chiminy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-09-2012, 08:35 AM   #18
castleri
DIS Veteran

Guess we were in the lucky group in that both times we requested two rooms close together they were both in the same building at OKW. I have found the room assigners at OKW to be most helpful. One time we had a split stay and when I mentioned to the front desk clerk that we would be back in a few days to check in again and that I really hoped to get building 55 (my favorite - also the one that my deed says I own a tiny portion of) she got the woman to come out and talk to me. Yep we got exactly the unit I was hoping for. I know that is the exception but it sure made for some special pixie dust feeling. I certainly never expected to talk with the room assigner and would never ask outright for that. The only other time I spoke with someone who assigns rooms was when they told us our room was ready and in fact the housekeeper was just going into the room to clean it when we got there. I asked if they had anything that was ready and the CM really tried to find one that met my requests and when I told her the only one I really cared about was near a pool she found us a unit in bldg 46. I am sure it had to do with it not being a busy time and there being no one else in the check in lines at that time.
As others have said make it your only request and you stand a better chance of getting it.
Old 09-09-2012, 01:48 PM   #19
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chim Chiminy View Post
My experience with this had not been good at WDW. We have a number of times and at different resorts been placed on different floors, at OKW different buildings in the Turtle Pond area that were not even close.
Our successful experience was this summer at VGC, two one bedroom villas just a few doors apart. Made it easier to hang out and enjoy time together.
With the size of VGC, that shouldn't be difficult.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 02:33 PM   #20
chepic
I tear up whenever I hear "Welcome Home." Some people say I have "issues."

I have found it hit or miss no matter where we have stayed. Sometimes they can accomodate, sometimes not. This past August OKW had us 5 buildings apart.....but then upon check in at Vero we had connecting rooms (we didn't ask for that) so I have to lean toward the idea that it is whatever is available.

Che
Old 09-09-2012, 04:36 PM   #21
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Quote:
Originally Posted by erionm View Post
You need to call MS and have a 'Travel With' put on both reservations. This will alert the room assigner that there are multiple rooms for the travel party and they will do their best to assign them as close together as possible.
This HAS worked for us since they've had this designation.
Old 09-09-2012, 05:01 PM   #22
com_op_2000
DVC Member since '93

Just got back last weekend from SSR. Had three studios booked and put in a "Travel With" note on all three reservations. DW and I arrived first of the three families, I was able to check-in for all three rooms at the same time, all were in the same building, same floor, and all were available for check-in at 09:15.

Last edited by com_op_2000; 09-09-2012 at 08:27 PM.
com_op_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:18 PM   #23
famcruisefun
Mouseketeer

Thanks again for all of the replies!

comp_op_2000 - just wondering - was your name on all of the rooms? Asking because of my earlier question - regarding checking into our own unit as well as the unit my two twentysomething (late in the day arriving) kids will be staying in.
The one answer I got to my earlier question about this said that if my name isn't on the room - then I can't check into it. Right now I have myself, my sister, and my husband in one unit (we arrive mid morning) and my two kids (arriving close to midnight) in the other - because that's where we'll actually be staying. I really want to check into both units when I arrive so that the kids can just go right to their space and crash when they arrive - we have an early day planned the next day.
I haven't heard good stories about people trying to change names on reservations - so I'd rather not make any changes if I don't have to, but also don't want to be waiting until midnight to check them in.
Any insight you have would be great!
Thanks!

Took my parents for their first tripto the world January 2010! BWV Grand Villa!!
First Food and Wine and first adults-only trip Oct 2010!
Food and Wine once again! - October 2011!
Taking the kids - who are no longer kids - to their first FOOD and WINE!! Oct 2012!!
famcruisefun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:25 PM   #24
com_op_2000
DVC Member since '93

Quote:
Originally Posted by famcruisefun View Post
Thanks again for all of the replies!

comp_op_2000 - just wondering - was your name on all of the rooms? Asking because of my earlier question - regarding checking into our own unit as well as the unit my two twentysomething (late in the day arriving) kids will be staying in.
Thanks!
No my name was not on all the reservations. I am the member who booked all the rooms with my points, placed the "Travel With" note on all the reservations, informed the check-in CM of what I wanted to do from the first moment, and it turned out to not be a problem. I did online check-in with two of the reservations and one without due to one family not wanting to put a credit card on their room.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: