Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Camping at Disney World
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2012, 02:50 AM   #1
Blaze12
Is it time for our next visit yet??????

Anyone own a Ozark Trail 10 person 3 room tent?

What do you think of it? I read reviews online, but wondering from others. We are new to tent camping. The kids want to start camping, and we are looking to tent camp at the Fort, and some beach camping. I was looking at this tent for a family of 5, plus Nana usually comes along with us!;-)

DH (34) Me (33) DS (6) DD (4) DD (2)
Blaze12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 12:09 PM   #2
tiggger1
I put vicks on my feet
It really cleans my floors and makes them softer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze12 View Post
What do you think of it? I read reviews online, but wondering from others. We are new to tent camping. The kids want to start camping, and we are looking to tent camp at the Fort, and some beach camping. I was looking at this tent for a family of 5, plus Nana usually comes along with us!;-)
I dont own one but I have been in it. It is big but depending on the ages of the kids you might be cutting it close with 5 if you are using air mattresses. The one I went in fit a queen mattress on each side plus a few totes to use are lugguage/keep things dry. there wasnt much room to move around... if your kids are small you could probably fit them on 2 smaller mattresses in one room and everyone else on queens...

that being said walmart has it on sale online for $139
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2012, 04:04 PM   #3
pgumiela
Disney addict and not ashamed to admit it

We have this tent and love it, but there are only 4 of us so we have tons of space. We put two twin air matresses in each end with a narrow rectangular piece of carpet in between them so it feel more homey when we get up in the morning. Then we use the middle section as a living room sort of. We keep all of our stuff lined up at the back edge of the middle section with another small piece of carpet so the kids can sit and hang out there at night and in the morning. Walmart had a bin of carpet sections that were 3 feet by maybe 5 feet and were bound on the edges so they are not rough, so we got several for camping.

It rained the last time we camped and the tent held up great.

Boo I have no ticker... I do have plans for a ticker though

September 2013 Coronado Springs, November 2012 Pop Century, May 2012 Camping at the Fort, Sept 2011 All Star Music, Dec 2010 All Star Music, Sept 2009 Pop Century, Sept 2008 All Star Music, June 1996 offsite, numerous times in the 80s
pgumiela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:27 PM   #4
Blaze12
Is it time for our next visit yet??????

Thank you very much!! I was thinking 2 queens and a twin air mattress. Kids are 10, 8, and 6.

Anyone have any other suggestions as well? I am open to suggestions!!;-)

DH (34) Me (33) DS (6) DD (4) DD (2)
Blaze12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:33 PM   #5
tiggger1
I put vicks on my feet
It really cleans my floors and makes them softer!

you should be able to fit a queen in each side and the twin in the middle room.. but that wouldnt leave you much room for movement or other stuff. maybe get a smaller tent to use as a storage/changing area
Old 09-07-2012, 09:25 PM   #6
clm10308
DIS Veteran

When deciding on amount of space, remember that tent capacity is based on people sleeping shoulder to shoulder with no space allocated for storage. I always half the given capacity for a more realistic number.

I agree with the pp that recommended that you bring along a second tent (probably a 4person size). Either grandma can stay in it with one kid or it could be just or storage
clm10308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:07 PM   #7
Tented1
Mouseketeer

I have an Ozark Trail 11x9 and just purchased a Copper Canyon 1312 through Eurekas outlet sight for $199 plus shipping.It's a 400 tent new in the box. If interested CALL the outlet and ask for Bill Van Pelt 888/638-7352 I have the CC set up in my yard right now to seal the seams (please do this even if new) i love it. there are some good sites that tell you about weather resistant materials, floors (bathtub) and zippers. I am still going to take my OT to the fort in Dec. to store gear. Good Luck and happy camping!

WDW 1969 WDL 1985 CBR 2007
Tented1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: