Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-03-2012, 08:20 PM   #16
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!
 
khertz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 4,862

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneytheKid View Post
Loving the trip report so far! I was laughing at some of the interesting pics! Can't wait to read more!!!
I'm glad to see you here! Thanks for joining in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Here, but back to get caught up on your other TR! Welcome back!
Thanks! Happy to see you here!!
__________________
Me DH DS (3)
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/"I Wanna See My Castle!" October 2013 TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:52 AM   #17
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne
 
CandleontheWater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,168

Oh gosh, I hope things didn't get too bad with DS! That is one of my big worries when I leave Everett!

It seems like you had a great start to the trip! Sorry your in and out burger experience wasn't great, but I agree that 5 guys is the way to go!

I've always wanted to go to the Disney Soda Fountain, epecially since they have such great pins! The ice cream didn't look half bad either!
CandleontheWater is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-04-2012, 10:05 AM   #18
MEK
DIS Veteran
 
MEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 17,330

So, I'm not caught up on the pictures but enjoyed reading about the beginning of your trip.

I hope DS does not get sick. Oh No! Please tell me he's fine. I always worried about that when my kids were little.

Now tell me the truth - is it going to be hard to give up those premium APs when they expire? I am going to have a funeral for my AP when it expires in December.
__________________

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:47 PM   #19
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it
 
afwdwfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 9,642

I guess I'm a little late to the party since you apparently added the link to your post 2 hours after I'd already read it.

You didn't include Chuck Norris in your TR. He allowed you to be a part of his. Sorry... can't resist a good Chuck Norris reference.

I like the tour of Hollywood before hitting the parks. Neat to see all of that stuff.

Looks like the trip is off to a good start aside from some green crud back home.
afwdwfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 03:51 PM   #20
julsmom
DIS Veteran
 
julsmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 40 miles from Disneyland
Posts: 3,258

Ready for more!
julsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:31 AM   #21
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!
 
khertz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 4,862

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
Oh gosh, I hope things didn't get too bad with DS! That is one of my big worries when I leave Everett!

It seems like you had a great start to the trip! Sorry your in and out burger experience wasn't great, but I agree that 5 guys is the way to go!

I've always wanted to go to the Disney Soda Fountain, epecially since they have such great pins! The ice cream didn't look half bad either!
Well, unfortunately, I have to say, Paxton did not have the best weekend while we were gone...

We were kicking ourselves for not just stopping at 5 Guys, but we decided not to since they are building one locally and we knew we'd be able to get it a lot more often. Oh well, live & learn. No more In & Out Burger for us!

I loved the Disney Soda Fountain! It was such a cute little place and the ice cream was fantastic. I do remember seeing a lot of pins there, and there was some pin release happening the next day, if I'm remembering right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
So, I'm not caught up on the pictures but enjoyed reading about the beginning of your trip.

I hope DS does not get sick. Oh No! Please tell me he's fine. I always worried about that when my kids were little.

Now tell me the truth - is it going to be hard to give up those premium APs when they expire? I am going to have a funeral for my AP when it expires in December.
Oh, I wish I could say he was fine, but he came home on a LOT of medicines! I'll give the rundown in the next update...

I think I'm going to pretty much cry my eyes out when those passes expire!! October will be our very last trip with them. And not only will I miss whipping out those pretty golden passes, but we are definitely going to miss the free parking and discounts! Hopefully we will be AP holders again one day, but I doubt if we will ever have these wonderful Premiers ever again. A funeral is a great idea, I might have to do that one myself. I'm going to be so sad!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
I guess I'm a little late to the party since you apparently added the link to your post 2 hours after I'd already read it.

You didn't include Chuck Norris in your TR. He allowed you to be a part of his. Sorry... can't resist a good Chuck Norris reference.

I like the tour of Hollywood before hitting the parks. Neat to see all of that stuff.

Looks like the trip is off to a good start aside from some green crud back home.
Haha sorry I snuck that in after your reply! I just didn't want to make another new post.

I almost threw in a random Chuck Norris fact...Chuck Norris can speak Braille. Chuck Norris won the Kentucky Derby on a three legged donkey. Chuck Norris can rip a phone book in half with one hand. Oh did DH and I used to get a kick out of those!

The tour of Hollywood was great! I have always wanted to see more parts of California, so hopefully this is just the beginning. I would love love love to visit San Francisco one day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julsmom View Post
Ready for more!
Hopefully I can make another post later today! I wanted to right now, but photobucket is not working for some reason?
__________________
Me DH DS (3)
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/"I Wanna See My Castle!" October 2013 TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:07 PM   #22
ash-n-brensmom
DIS Veteran
 
ash-n-brensmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Southern Ontario
Posts: 2,039

I'm here!! Can't wait to read more!! I was having trouble with photobucket today too....
__________________
Sept '08 POP Aug '09 CBR April '10 POP March '11 PORJan '12 WBC Oct '12 WBC.AoASept '13 POR,WBC Oct '13 DreamSept'14 WBCOct'14 WonderMarch'15 WBC


Follow our Progress For March 2015http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post50810740
ash-n-brensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:11 PM   #23
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!
 
khertz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 4,862

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash-n-brensmom View Post
I'm here!! Can't wait to read more!! I was having trouble with photobucket today too....


Apparently Photobucket is doing site maintenance that is severely interfering with my TR updating!!
__________________
Me DH DS (3)
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/"I Wanna See My Castle!" October 2013 TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:52 PM   #24
tofubeast
DIS Veteran
 
tofubeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: S. Florida - 3 hr hop to the World!
Posts: 3,965

Joining in, yet again! You are so prolific with TRs!

Wasn't the Soda Shop awesome? I grew up in Hollywood. I wish it existed when I was a kid. Heck, when I was little, you drove down Hollywood Blvd. You only walked outside the Chinese theater to 1. see a movie 2. show your friends/family who were visiting. Times sure have changed.
__________________

Grew up with DL & also went back in 08(CCI); WDW: 90, 06(POFQ), 07(CSR), Apr09(CSR), Jun09(SSR), Oct09(POP), Sep11(POP), Dec12(BCV/AoA), May13(POP), Aug13, Oct13(BLT), May14(AKV Jambo), Oct14(VWL). Other: Nov13(VBR), DCL Dream Oct14
Future DVC owner at Disney's Hyperion Resort in 2043!
Current TR: Our Visit EVERY Season 12-13!!
Past Trip Reports: WDW Oct 07 - DLR "back home"
tofubeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:56 PM   #25
disneyismyheart247
Living the California and Disney Dream
 
disneyismyheart247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 164

Yay, another DL trip report! Those "characters" on Hollywood and Highland are so hilarious. I live in Los Angeles and one time I went to Hollywood and I saw the most ridiculous Barney costume. The Jesus people are always there and I can never understand what they're saying either! I couldn't stop laughing! It looks like you enjoyed your time in Hollywood and the Disney Soda Fountain is so good! Score on the 35% discount!

I'm very sorry to hear about little Paxton! Poor little dude, I hope he's doing much, much better now!
__________________
To live would be an awfully big adventure!

Last edited by disneyismyheart247; 09-07-2012 at 01:20 PM.
disneyismyheart247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:56 AM   #26
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!
 
khertz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 4,862

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofubeast View Post
Joining in, yet again! You are so prolific with TRs!

Wasn't the Soda Shop awesome? I grew up in Hollywood. I wish it existed when I was a kid. Heck, when I was little, you drove down Hollywood Blvd. You only walked outside the Chinese theater to 1. see a movie 2. show your friends/family who were visiting. Times sure have changed.
I absolutely LOVED the Soda Shop! DH had visited there when he was in California for work a year ago, and it was something I really wanted to do on our family DL trip in May. But we sacrificed that for extra time in DL. I'm really happy we were able to do it this time, and all of the other time in Hollywood. Now that we have done it, we were both happy we were able to do it just the two of us...it just wouldn't have been as relaxed if we had DS along! Much as we love him, he does add some stress to traveling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyismyheart247 View Post
Yay, another DL trip report! Those "characters" on Hollywood and Highland are so hilarious. I live in Los Angeles and one time I went to Hollywood and I saw the most ridiculous Barney costume. The Jesus people are always there and I can never understand what they're saying either! I couldn't stop laughing! It looks like you enjoyed your time in Hollywood and the Disney Soda Fountain is so good! Score on the 35% discount!

I'm very sorry to hear about little Paxton! Poor little dude, I hope he's doing much, much better now!
The characters cracked me up, but I think even more ridiculous were the people paying to take pictures with them!! DH reminded me that if DS were with us and crying for a picture with Elmo, despite how sketchy he looked, we would probably pay to do it too.

Paxton is back to his usual 100% now, despite the rough weekend he had at my parents' house.
__________________
Me DH DS (3)
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/"I Wanna See My Castle!" October 2013 TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:11 AM   #27
Leger13
DIS Veteran
 
Leger13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Georgia
Posts: 10,799

Ok I've decided to come over and read here before I get far behind like I did with your May DLR TR. I'm SO jealous you got to go to El Capitan and the Soda Fountain Shop. I mean seriously, SO jealous!!!! They have the best pins at the soda fountain! Anyways, I couldn't really see all of your pics since I'm on my phone and every time I click to make a pic bigger it says connection error so I'll have to come back and look at the hollywood stars better later but how neat that you were there! That's one of the things on my bucket list along with visiting NYC. I just have to drug DH enough to fly 'cause going w/o him isn't an option. Blah! Anyways, great start to your trip

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
Leger13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:13 AM   #28
Leger13
DIS Veteran
 
Leger13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Georgia
Posts: 10,799

I forgot to say that I'm sorry that Paxton was sick while you were away that's almost worse than having him with you and being able to take care of him yourself on the trip. Almost

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
Leger13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 02:27 PM   #29
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!
 
khertz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 4,862

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leger13 View Post
Ok I've decided to come over and read here before I get far behind like I did with your May DLR TR. I'm SO jealous you got to go to El Capitan and the Soda Fountain Shop. I mean seriously, SO jealous!!!! They have the best pins at the soda fountain! Anyways, I couldn't really see all of your pics since I'm on my phone and every time I click to make a pic bigger it says connection error so I'll have to come back and look at the hollywood stars better later but how neat that you were there! That's one of the things on my bucket list along with visiting NYC. I just have to drug DH enough to fly 'cause going w/o him isn't an option. Blah! Anyways, great start to your trip

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
The Soda Fountain was one of the top reasons I REALLY wanted to spend time in Hollywood. The rest was just bonus! I already had a T-shirt from there, so actually getting to visit it myself was even better. Plus, the ice cream was awesome after being out and about in the heat all day.

Hopefully you can get your DH on a plane...a little Xanax works wonders!!
__________________
Me DH DS (3)
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/"I Wanna See My Castle!" October 2013 TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 02:44 PM   #30
tinks_1989
need a like button
 
tinks_1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Somerset (South West England)
Posts: 6,248

Subscribing for research purposes and because it looks like fun
__________________
tinks_1989 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:47 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.