DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2012, 03:12 PM   #46
Alesia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalVal View Post
I saw someone who was proud and happy to share her project. Sometimes its not what you say, it's how you say it. Enough said...
Why are you trying to stir up trouble where there isn't any? The original poster (who is a man, btw) understands the intent of the "negative" posts and wasn't offended by them.

Alesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 03:15 PM   #47
Maddysdaddy
DIS Veteran

My two (or ten) cents...

I'd scrap the 'Dime Card' idea - as you can see from the responses in this thread, it is easy to misinterpret your gesture. Additionally, what do you expect the CM to do with the card once you have given it to them - take it home and frame it, or immediately toss it in the trash (rather than carry it around for the rest of their shift).

As an alternative, I would suggest that if a CM has really impressed you, it would mean more to them if you took the time to thank them for their exceptional service and then pulled out a little notebook and asked them for the correct spelling of their name, as you want to note their service on a comment card at City Hall.

You'll both feel good, especially the CM, knowing that their superiors will be made aware of the good work that they have done, via the comment card.
Maddysdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-27-2012, 03:34 PM   #48
PalVal
Mouseketeer

Sorry you were offended, I was not trying to stir up trouble, just trying to spread a little kindness. A thank you is a thank you, no matter how it is presented in my eyes.
PalVal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 04:16 PM   #49
duffy
The Tag Fairy did not give me this tag...I wrote it myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddysdaddy View Post
My two (or ten) cents...

I'd scrap the 'Dime Card' idea - as you can see from the responses in this thread, it is easy to misinterpret your gesture. Additionally, what do you expect the CM to do with the card once you have given it to them - take it home and frame it, or immediately toss it in the trash (rather than carry it around for the rest of their shift).

As an alternative, I would suggest that if a CM has really impressed you, it would mean more to them if you took the time to thank them for their exceptional service and then pulled out a little notebook and asked them for the correct spelling of their name, as you want to note their service on a comment card at City Hall.

You'll both feel good, especially the CM, knowing that their superiors will be made aware of the good work that they have done, via the comment card.
I like this!!
duffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 05:07 PM   #50
peabody58
I'm just a drummer in a R&R Band!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1001 Ghosts View Post
I will be as kind as possible when I tell you that for the rest of the evening that dime became the punchline of every joke.
OMG!! Best feedback / response to date!! I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall at your dinner party. Where I may have missed the mark with my pre-card attempt, I have succeeded as a Party Joke!! Heck, I'm even thinking up some 'dime' jokes.

Thank you for the constructive perspective and honest common cents response. Pun intended.

Time to get to work on Rev. 1.

DL 66-68; Off-site: 77/90/91; POR 92/94; BC 8/99; WL 3/10; BLT 9/10; SSR 12/10; OKW 5/11; BLT 9/11; HHI 4/12; BLT 10/12; WBC 4/13; AKL-K/BCV 9/13; VB/VGF 9/14
peabody58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 05:11 PM   #51
croe321
Earning My Ears

I LOVE this idea. My DH and I always have such a wonderful time at Disneyworld and you are 100% right, the CMs are often the reason for it.
croe321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 05:23 PM   #52
Maddysdaddy
DIS Veteran

Dear Peabody58 - I'm happy to see that you have a good sense of humor about the situation.

At the end of the day, I think everyone agrees that it's an extremely nice gesture to acknowledge CM service that goes above and beyond - it's just the proposed execution that some of us are questioning.

"Hey Martha. I did such an awesome job at work today that these nice folks gave me a picture of themselves... and a dime!"
Maddysdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 05:54 PM   #53
croe321
Earning My Ears

Wow I responded initially before reading all of the posts. I can't imagine for a second that he planned on giving these cards in lue of a tip at a restaurant. I think he planned on someone you wouldn't normally tip...ie; a CM in passing, greeters at the turnstiles, cashiers, etc. I used to work as a cashier and I have to say I would've found this to be a lovely gesture....my initial thought would've been how sweet it is to see a couple having so much fun on their anniversary. As a cashier I never wouldve expected a $20 tip from someone for doing my job....don't plan on throwing $20 tips Their way myself :/ sorry guys.
croe321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:26 PM   #54
SamSam

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by peabody58 View Post
OMG!! Best feedback / response to date!! I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall at your dinner party. Where I may have missed the mark with my pre-card attempt, I have succeeded as a Party Joke!! Heck, I'm even thinking up some 'dime' jokes.

Thank you for the constructive perspective and honest common cents response. Pun intended.

Time to get to work on Rev. 1.
Just have to say I love your sense of humor and your ability to take critcism. Personally, I loved your cards but I do see what others are saying....just not how I see it.
Old 09-08-2012, 01:42 PM   #55
peabody58
I'm just a drummer in a R&R Band!!

Cool Rev 1 added

Major changes based on the objective and constructive feedback, including the Grammar Police and Spellchecker, and an extensive federally funded randomized, double-blind, active-controlled, double-dummy, parallel-group study! No kittens were injured in the study.

- Ditched the 'You're a ten' dime theme. Switched to candy treat (2 types) as part of including the CM into our anniversary celebration. Yes to a large extent it is about us. It's our party and we're going to party like it's 1999, and include via positive feedback those CM's who help that party rock!
- Modified the original message to creatively align with Disney's 'Let the Memories Begin' theme.
- Ditched our last name.
- Added the reinforcing message that positive feedback will be submitted. Helps to clearly separate any misconception that this is a 'tip'.
- Created separate 'Feedback Info' sheets. These will help us track the feedback, as well as link any CM photos we take along the way.

Thank you again for all the input. We are much happier with this end result. Only 30 days to go!!

Memo to self: Get more Werther's as I've eaten most of them already!

DL 66-68; Off-site: 77/90/91; POR 92/94; BC 8/99; WL 3/10; BLT 9/10; SSR 12/10; OKW 5/11; BLT 9/11; HHI 4/12; BLT 10/12; WBC 4/13; AKL-K/BCV 9/13; VB/VGF 9/14
peabody58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 02:43 PM   #56
dianeschlicht
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o

Quote:

On a side note, my DW claims she was never officially tasked with proof-reading the cards, and that I should bit the bullet and redo them.
And I agree with your dear wife. REDO THE CARDS! I think they are a nice idea, and while I "get it" about the dime, I do think it could be misconstrued as some here have indicated they would have a negative response. Maybe keep the phrase, but lose the dime and put a big number 10 in its place.
Old 09-08-2012, 02:44 PM   #57
dianeschlicht
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o

OOPS! I posted before I saw the revisions!
Old 09-08-2012, 03:32 PM   #58
SamSam

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Major changes based on the objective and constructive feedback, including the Grammar Police and Spellchecker, and an extensive federally funded randomized, double-blind, active-controlled, double-dummy, parallel-group study! No kittens were injured in the study.

- Ditched the 'You're a ten' dime theme. Switched to candy treat (2 types) as part of including the CM into our anniversary celebration. Yes to a large extent it is about us. It's our party and we're going to party like it's 1999, and include via positive feedback those CM's who help that party rock!
- Modified the original message to creatively align with Disney's 'Let the Memories Begin' theme.
- Ditched our last name.
- Added the reinforcing message that positive feedback will be submitted. Helps to clearly separate any misconception that this is a 'tip'.
- Created separate 'Feedback Info' sheets. These will help us track the feedback, as well as link any CM photos we take along the way.

Thank you again for all the input. We are much happier with this end result. Only 30 days to go!!

Memo to self: Get more Werther's as I've eaten most of them already!
Love your new cards and really like the empahasis on cm feedback.

I hope you have a fabulous, magical trip!
Old 09-08-2012, 07:40 PM   #59
luvthemouse71
Cries like a baby at Illuminations..

I think the OP's heart is in the right place. But, I think getting the CM's name and writing something nice about them to management would be more appreciated.
Old 09-08-2012, 09:58 PM   #60
SamSam

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvthemouse71 View Post
I think the OP's heart is in the right place. But, I think getting the CM's name and writing something nice about them to management would be more appreciated.
I believe positive feedback to management is something that he is highlighting in his new card.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: