Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 04:29 PM   #271
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katenbeth View Post
I'm sorry if you all find it unusual that it's my first post and don't understand why this could be a problem (didn't everyone do a first post at some point ?) I can't think what anyone would think I was to gain or not gain from posting the information that I was told if I do have to explain why it's my first post it's because like everyone does I googled akv cl after our stay to reminisce , and this thread popped up so I thought I would help people out and pass on the info I was told. Isn't that the point of the thread ?
Please don't take it personally. Once in awhile there have been new posters who stir the pot, so to speak, and then disappear.

to the boards and I'm glad to hear you had a wonderful vacation!

Old 09-04-2012, 04:39 PM   #272
Katenbeth
Earning My Ears

Thankyou for the explanation mickeyluv'r couldn't send a pm back (under 10 posts) and it was all in good faith.
Just to add that we loved akl cl and if anyone has any questions or needs any info (no duff info this time) I will gladly answer them
We stayed from 07/31/12 to 08/20/12 (21 nights ) I'm sure the cm's thought we had moved in. Maybe that's why they wanted us out by twelve?

Last edited by Katenbeth; 09-04-2012 at 05:48 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2012, 04:41 PM   #273
nemofans
DIS Veteran

Even the CL CMs give wrong info. I had difficulty w/one at the CR CL which caused me some hassle on our last full day & was told by another CM & the front desk that she was in the wrong.

8/2000 WDW Grosvenor Resort (got engaged!), 11/2005 DL PPH CL, 12/2006 WDW Poly, 02/2008 WDW AKL, 2/2010 WDW CR CL, 2/2011 DCL Magic, 11/2011 DL GCH, 10/2012 WDW AKL CL

2013 Book Challenge: 87 out of 75 GOAL MET!!
2014 Book Challenge: 92 out of 85 GOAL MET!!
Old 09-08-2012, 12:16 PM   #274
mouseCT
Earning My Ears

Help

First of all thank you to the Mods and contributors for a great Forum.

OK now I need to vent and ask your opinion!

I have paid a considerable amount of money to stay at a Polynesian CL Suite to do a memorable Christmas dream vacation before my oldest child leaves for college.

I have been in touch with the CL host to book meals and have not had much luck at getting many reasonable times. For example Ohana-9:15 is the only time open for the nine nights we are there. Come on this our home Polynesian restaurant and they say they have no pull!

This is also not our first trip. We have stayed at the Allstars and CRS many times and have had great memorable vacations. Disney makes it very evident at how much you invest in your vacation, for example bus stop locations-Deluxe resorts are first and the Economy resorts are around the corner at the end. Have been there and understood that is how it works.

I have also stayed at other 4 and 5 star hotels outside WDW and was able to get into any restaurant any time you wanted with the help of the Concierge staff. I am not looking for miracles, but you would think they had a little influence on the meal booking.

Have you also had this experience? Do you have a tactful way of confronting the CL host without souring the mood?

This is making me rethink this vacation into a real Caribbean vacation.

Thank You in advance for your thoughts.
Old 09-08-2012, 12:22 PM   #275
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouseCT View Post

I have paid a considerable amount of money to stay at a Polynesian CL Suite to do a memorable Christmas dream vacation before my oldest child leaves for college.

I have been in touch with the CL host to book meals and have not had much luck at getting many reasonable times. For example Ohana-9:15 is the only time open for the nine nights we are there. Come on this our home Polynesian restaurant and they say they have no pull!

This is also not our first trip. We have stayed at the Allstars and CRS many times and have had great memorable vacations. Disney makes it very evident at how much you invest in your vacation, for example bus stop locations-Deluxe resorts are first and the Economy resorts are around the corner at the end. Have been there and understood that is how it works.

I have also stayed at other 4 and 5 star hotels outside WDW and was able to get into any restaurant any time you wanted with the help of the Concierge staff. I am not looking for miracles, but you would think they had a little influence on the meal booking.

Have you also had this experience? Do you have a tactful way of confronting the CL host without souring the mood?

I'm sorry you aren't able to get your reservation.

However, the Disney CL IPO's unfortunately don't have any more pull than we do with making dining reservations. As you know, Ohana is one those that typically needs to be made at the 180 day mark, and you are obviously well inside that mark if your trip is in December.

Just have them (IPO) keep checking on availability, something might open up. You could always keep checking too. Good luck!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 09-08-2012, 12:57 PM   #276
Trish.Glenn
Mouseketeer

Thinking about staying CL thanks for the great thread!!
2001 - Disney Cruise (Eastern)
2003 - Disney Cruise (Western)
2006 - Off property
2008 - Off property
2009 - Off property
2011 - Coronado
2012 - Pop
Old 09-08-2012, 01:13 PM   #277
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouseCT View Post

I'm sorry you are rethinking your trip. But as the pp said, CL CMs don't have any pull on getting a guest into a restaurant that is booked. Ohana is a very popular restaurant that books up very fast. It also requires a cc guarantee, so there is a chance of a cancellation as it gets closer. I would have IPO keep checking for an earlier time, but I would also check online myself daily as you never know when something might become available. Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trish.Glenn View Post
Thinking about staying CL thanks for the great thread!!
Which resort are you considering?

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 09-08-2012, 01:31 PM   #278
Trish.Glenn
Mouseketeer

I would love to do poly but my DH wants AKL, he would live there if possible. Do you have any suggestions?
2001 - Disney Cruise (Eastern)
2003 - Disney Cruise (Western)
2006 - Off property
2008 - Off property
2009 - Off property
2011 - Coronado
2012 - Pop
Old 09-08-2012, 02:39 PM   #279
reiella
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I would love to do poly but my DH wants AKL, he would live there if possible. Do you have any suggestions?
Sell a compromise with a meal at Sanaa or take a compromise with a Luau?
Old 09-08-2012, 07:11 PM   #280
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We've stayed at both resorts, but not CL. We are trying Poly CL in July 2013, which I'm excited about as I've read the lounge is big and has an amazing view of the castle . We've tried CL at the WL and GF (RPC & SL) and while GF RPC is my favorite, WL CL runs a very close second . With that said, AKL CL is one we want to try as I've read nothing but rave reviews about it.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 09-09-2012, 09:47 AM   #281
NicoleK1974
Mouseketeer

I have a feeling the holiday season will be a bit more crowded this year than in the past.
We too are staying at the Poly, CL and have been trying to move one of our reservations to ANYTIME earlier in the same day at CRT with the help of the IPO and checking daily myself and there has not been a single reservation to be had for over 2 months.....
And that is for a Tuesday evening on which supposedly is one of the slowest weeks of the year (2nd week in December)....
Even with Be Our Guest opening, (which we got a quick and easy ressie through the Poly IPO, that we won't end up needing afterall) there still were no cancellations....
I thought for certain at least a couple of ressies would trade out CRT for BOG, but unfortunately I was wrong....

Old 09-09-2012, 09:55 AM   #282
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleK1974 View Post
I have a feeling the holiday season will be a bit more crowded this year than in the past.
We too are staying at the Poly, CL and have been trying to move one of our reservations to ANYTIME earlier in the same day at CRT with the help of the IPO and checking daily myself and there has not been a single reservation to be had for over 2 months.....
And that is for a Tuesday evening on which supposedly is one of the slowest weeks of the year (2nd week in December)....
Even with Be Our Guest opening, (which we got a quick and easy ressie through the Poly IPO, that we won't end up needing afterall) there still were no cancellations....
I thought for certain at least a couple of ressies would trade out CRT for BOG, but unfortunately I was wrong....
I just wanted to say keep trying and don't give up hope just yet . For our December 2010 trip I wanted dinner at 1900 Park Fare before MVMCP and found no availability for months. After getting very discouraged and trying every day, multiple times a day, the day/time I wanted suddenly popped up. I had to look at the screen to make sure I put in the right date, time, etc. because I was so used to seeing nothing for that day, let alone the time I wanted. So it is possible that you will be able to get CRT.....just keep trying .

Old 09-09-2012, 10:03 AM   #283
dreamcruiser
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
This is the email I got from IPO. Appears there must have been some miscommunication. It happens.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Aloha!

Thank you for your email.

Our Club Level guests are, in fact, able to access the Club Level lounge
facilities until midnight the night of check-out date.

Please feel free to contact us for any further inquiries. Our office
hours are 9:00AM-6:00PM EST daily.

Mahalo,

Kehau

Walt Disney World Itinerary Planning Office
Phone: (407) 824-2466
Fax: **(407) 824-3174
Polynesian.Itinerary.Planning@disneyworld.com
~~~~~~~~~

Looks like regular policy is in place.
Boy, this sure makes me feel a lot better about spending good money for CL!
Now, if they will just stop making changes in the H2O toiletries!
Old 09-09-2012, 10:04 AM   #284
dreamcruiser
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
No problem! You know how CM's can be with their information sometimes...I think it would be crazy for them to take away the CL amenities after check out...
AMEN on CMs who give wrong information...sometimes it seems we on the boards know more!
Old 09-09-2012, 05:03 PM   #285
MiloMouse
Earning My Ears

Hello! Can anyone tell me what the evening appetizer menu/rotation is for the Grand Floridian CL? Current or past menus would be helpful. Thanks!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: