Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2012, 05:15 PM   #61
RodNicPena
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic View Post
Enterprise is right at 61st & I45/Broaday. Not far from the terminal, but...

Bike week is a traffic nightmare. I would budget more than an hour to get the 30 blocks. Try & arrange the cab to be at the Enterprise at a certain time?

What day/time is the departure?

Are you driving in that day?

PS- bike week or The Lone Star Rally, is lots of fun & brings a diverse crowd to the island, but we take our bicycles everywhere for the really busy days & stock up on all groceries, drinks & whatever else well before hand.

PPS-Last year it had 500,000 attendees. It used to take over the whole island, but the last few years has been concentrated downtown.

PPPS-The cruise terminal is downtown.

What week is bike week?
RodNicPena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:29 PM   #62
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodNicPena

What week is bike week?
Looks like November 1-4. My cruise is the 3rd, we'll just leave a little early.
Register to remove

Old 09-07-2012, 06:17 PM   #63
kristinfly2
Mouseketeer

We will plan at least an hour and a half! Eggroll/teddy was kind enough to give me lots of info so we are planning on shopping and eating dinner before we get to Galveston the night before our cruise! . Not thrilled about wrestling our 4 kids at the cruise terminal while DH returns the car. Think I will need a large adult beverage by the time I get on board! LOL
kristinfly2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:08 AM   #64
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajz90 View Post
We love Bubbas. We plan vacations on Bubba locations (joke)

You'll enjoy it. Love that it's right on the water. Try the I'm Stuffed Shrimp.
This will be our first time. I have plans to go a few times before, but for one reason or the other it never happened. The funny thing is that I don't eat fish or most seafood, but I love shrimp. The Stuffed Shrimp is out because of the crab meet, but I love the idea of the 4 different kind of fried shrimp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodNicPena View Post
I can always let you know how my trip goes too
I would appreciate it

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:01 AM   #65
Tinkerbell2B
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina View Post
Thanks for the recommendation! I'll add it to the lodging list!

Looks like it's available through VRBO. The pictures look wonderful!
Hi Gina. Here is a link to the condo I rented with a view of the harbor and gulf. The owner of the condo is very easy to work with too!
http://www.vrbo.com/330692
Old 09-08-2012, 10:09 AM   #66
Gina
Remembers the Great DIS Board Crash of '99
The planning is half the fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell2B View Post
Hi Gina. Here is a link to the condo I rented with a view of the harbor and gulf. The owner of the condo is very easy to work with too!
http://www.vrbo.com/330692

It looks so nice... and such a great option for bigger families and those coming in for a few days who'd like a kitchen and such. And more room! Thanks again for telling us about it!

Find me on... Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest
Gina (Me - 47) ~ DS (18) ~ DBF (47)
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:14 AM   #67
Gina
Remembers the Great DIS Board Crash of '99
The planning is half the fun

Updated the first page to include the Lost Bayou Guesthouse, and the new Pleasure Pier weekend pass!

Find me on... Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest
Gina (Me - 47) ~ DS (18) ~ DBF (47)
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:56 AM   #68
ekatiel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
We don't have either an aquarium or a zoo anywhere near so this will be a treat. We are planning to have dinner at Bubba Gump Shrimp Company.

This is where we are booked at the moment, but the reviews about it being noisy scare me. Did your friend have any issues with noise?

Thanks. I have to say the aquarium, the Rainforest Pyramid and the Paddlewheel Boat are all major draws for us.

Corinna
You will love Moody Gardens. We are members there and go all the time. The last time we were there, there were two monkeys wrestling and hanging out o n the boardwalk that you walk on through the pyramid! There was a keeper there to keep an eye on them, but we were probably 3 or 4 feet away from them. It was really neat to see them so up close!

Edited b/c I was wrong about Bubba Gumps! --Katie

Last edited by ekatiel; 09-08-2012 at 11:31 AM.
ekatiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:59 AM   #69
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

You don't have to pay for the pier to eat at Bubba Gump. It is at the begining of the pier before the entrance.

Last edited by sissy_ib; 09-08-2012 at 11:40 AM.
sissy_ib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:03 AM   #70
tajz90
Mama D

You don't have to pay for Pier to eat at Bubbas. You can also ride the carousel without paying for the pier even though I have no clue how much a ride costs
tajz90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:30 AM   #71
ekatiel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sissy_ib View Post
You don't have to pay for the pier to eat at Bubba Gump. It is at the begining of the pier before the entrance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tajz90 View Post
You don't have to pay for Pier to eat at Bubbas. You can also ride the carousel without paying for the pier even though I have no clue how much a ride costs
I stand corrected! Thanks for the info . I may have to try it out now! I'm going to go back and edit my original post so people don't get confused. --Katie
Old 09-08-2012, 12:12 PM   #72
tajz90
Mama D

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekatiel

I stand corrected! Thanks for the info . I may have to try it out now! I'm going to go back and edit my original post so people don't get confused. --Katie
There is also a parking discount if you spend $25 ( I think) at Bubbas, parking is free if you choose to park in the lot. We have found free parking each time we have visited.
tajz90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:34 PM   #73
cruisemaniac2011
Earning My Ears

Hilton in Galveston

I saw in an earlier post that the Hilton offers free cruise parking and shuttle but I didn't see anything on their website or my confirmation. Anyone have info on whether all rooms are eligible or is it a special package? Thanks!
cruisemaniac2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:26 AM   #74
Kimmiebr80
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisemaniac2011
I saw in an earlier post that the Hilton offers free cruise parking and shuttle but I didn't see anything on their website or my confirmation. Anyone have info on whether all rooms are eligible or is it a special package? Thanks!
I called them and confirmed that they do have parking and a shuttle. I don't know if it's every weekend, but our cruise weekend, it was a minimum 2 night stay in order to book a room. I kept checking for check in Friday and check out Saturday and it shows no rooms available. But If I searched 2 days, rooms were available. Luckily, last month my dh did a work trip that sent us over into Hilton Diamond status and they waived the 2 night for us because of that.
Kimmiebr80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:26 AM   #75
dato63
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chee Chick View Post
It was for the 2012 Thanksgiving cruise which did not have an itinerary change.

I went back to the website and checked CCL and RCCL ships and it shows those are indeed available during the Thanksgiving week.

Maybe it has something to do with how the departure days line up and they can maximize their profits. The other lines depart on the Sunday while DCL departs on Saturday.
I had booked our parking back in July - prepaid. Mine was cancelled. The email stated that they were not going to be able to accomodate Disney cruises for certain dates. I was on cruise critic gulf ports board to get other ideas of what to do - and some people on the Princess cruises were posting that they had been cancelled after the fact too.

One person claimed to ask Galveston Park N Cruise about it - and were told it had to do with overlapping dates, and demand with 5 ships now sailing out of there. They would not be accepting Disney or Princess Cruise bookings starting November due to the increased demand. Again, this is 2nd hand information that was shared - I didn't get it directly from the parking lot.

We decided to just drive down the night before -and booked a cruise package at the Galvez.

My DDs love Moody Gardens. And we all enjoy Bubba Gumps, haven't been to the one in Galveston yet - but we are planning dinner there the night before our cruise. It looks like Pleasure Pier is within walking distance of our hotel.

Last edited by dato63; 09-20-2012 at 08:32 AM.
dato63 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: